Reasons for Improvements on Offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reasons for Improvements on Offense

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I think the #1 reason the Dolphins are showing improvements is because we know who our starters are. For 3 games now, we used the same starters on the O-line (minus Albert), WR,'s, RB's and TE.

Take a look at teams who are still experimenting trying to find starters:
Patriots don't know their starting WR
Seahawks don't know their starting Guard
Broncos JUST signed their starting G and he didn't even play.
Falcons don't know their starting LG

Results: The Seahawks offense failing to score a TD, Manning not throwing a TD all preseason, Brady throwing two picks and Matt Ryan's under fire all night last night

Tannenhill now has the experience to not only know the offense, but I think he is stepping up as a leader and just feels comfortable back there. tAnnehill didn't have as much experience at the QB spot, but I think he has steadily improved and he knows when to run with it or throw it away if he is about to get sacked. I think this is the main reason we are looking better. Our running game should be ok with Miller and Williams, and LaMichael James can be used from time to time, and hopefully Ajayi will get some carries as well.

I don't think you can say any team in the AFC is really dominate right now, especially with Brady's suspension looming. I watched the Broncos last night and Manning was getting sacked and pressured a great deal as Mathis hasn't gotten in there. In the NFC you still have the Seahawks and Packers but they have had holdouts and key injuries. We can match up with anyone.

Preseason is a strange place.

EJ Manuel looks good, Matt Ryan looks bad.

I remember when we beat the Falcons 2 years ago with that last second Jimmy Wilson's INT, Dolfans thought they were superbowl-bound when in fact the Falcons were not a very good football team that year. I think Matt Ryan is a shell of his former self, not sure what is the reason but he is not the same.

I remember when we beat the Falcons 2 years ago with that last second Jimmy Wilson's INT, Dolfans thought they were superbowl-bound when in fact the Falcons were not a very good football team that year. I think Matt Ryan is a shell of his former self, not sure what is the reason but he is not the same.

He's still a very good qb.

Offense is better because:

Tannehill has improved,,,and our WR corp is light years better than its been in decades. Thats pretty much it......Still not sure if its enough

Next year we have to work on OL...OL....OL.....

Ryan Tanneyhill is the reason - better offensive scheme - more used to it...

Our starters have been out too - including Albert.... Parker...Stills....We've been moving guards around...

So I disagree with your why...

I think the #1 reason the Dolphins are showing improvements is because we know who our starters are. For 3 games now, we used the same starters on the O-line (minus Albert), WR,'s, RB's and TE.

Take a look at teams who are still experimenting trying to find starters:
Patriots don't know their starting WR
Seahawks don't know their starting Guard
Broncos JUST signed their starting G and he didn't even play.
Falcons don't know their starting LG

Results: The Seahawks offense failing to score a TD, Manning not throwing a TD all preseason, Brady throwing two picks and Matt Ryan's under fire all night last night

I'm not to thrilled with our running game but hopefully with Albert back
and everyone playing where they should be things will improve
3.4 yards per rush is approaching Daniel Thomas territory

I think the offense going to blessed with great field position a lot this year thanks to the defense. No reason we shouldn't score a ton of points this year.

A shell of his former self? He entered the Dolphin game 10-of-11 for 160 yards 2 td's and no interceptions. And last year with a beat up receiving corp he passed for 4,600 yards and had 28 td's and 14 interceptions. I think our expectations for quarterbacks seems too high.

I think the offense going to blessed with great field position a lot this year thanks to the defense. No reason we shouldn't score a ton of points this year.

Exactly. Lots of short fields to work with. Just wish i had more confidence in our kicker.

Preseason is a strange place.

EJ Manuel looks good, Matt Ryan looks bad.

Matt Ryan still doesnt have an oline in front of him though, and they are going to struggle to run in games as well still. that doesnt help, especially with his starting WRs out right now, and Leonard Hankerson being their #1. Tony Gonzalez... come back??? :tongue:

Seattle lost their Guard and Max Unger in that trade for Graham... Unger is such a huge loss... DUMB. Wilson was on the run all game long!!! his timing was off, and everything. I want to see if Tyler Lockett can start developing for their offense more though, he is DOMINATING on special teams though!!!

Patriots will totally be fine... once their guys mold together, and get healthy for the season. They will be okay... and its nice to see the little kid Chris Harper playing well too.

He's still a very good qb.

Still very good and will put big numbers with Roddy and Julio on the outside (though I do think the Falcons will miss Harry Douglas in the slot a bit) but I think what will continue to hold the Falcons back is their OL and their lack of a run game.

Tannenhill now has the experience to not only know the offense, but I think he is stepping up as a leader and just feels comfortable back there. tAnnehill didn't have as much experience at the QB spot, but I think he has steadily improved and he knows when to run with it or throw it away if he is about to get sacked. I think this is the main reason we are looking better. Our running game should be ok with Miller and Williams, and LaMichael James can be used from time to time, and hopefully Ajayi will get some carries as well.

I don't think you can say any team in the AFC is really dominate right now, especially with Brady's suspension looming. I watched the Broncos last night and Manning was getting sacked and pressured a great deal as Mathis hasn't gotten in there. In the NFC you still have the Seahawks and Packers but they have had holdouts and key injuries. We can match up with anyone.

I hate to say it but the Bills looked good yesterday. They have a lot of playmakers.

Back
Top Bottom