Reasons why you shouldn't doubt Pat White. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reasons why you shouldn't doubt Pat White.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Dallas was going to take him in the 2nd, when he bacame un-available, they traded out.

In all seriousness, this guy would not have been there for our 2b pick. Fins wanted him and they got him.

He will be our 3rd string QB, he will line up at times as a WR,RB and anywhere else that gets him on the field.

If anything this picks tells me, the dolphins now, can officially run almost any play an any offensive playbook. Defenses are going to hate game planning for us.

I dont care that he was picked at 2a rather then 2b. All I care is the trifecta are gauranteeing us that next years offense will be as innovative as this last years.

Dont see anything wrong with that.
Chubbs

In all seriousness, this guy would not have been there for our 2b pick. Fins wanted him and they got him.

He will be our 3rd string QB, he will line up at times as a WR,RB and anywhere else that gets him on the field.

If anything this picks tells me, the dolphins now, can officially run almost any play an any offensive playbook. Defenses are going to hate game planning for us.

I dont care that he was picked at 2a rather then 2b. All I care is the trifecta are gauranteeing us that next years offense will be as innovative as this last years.

Dont see anything wrong with that.
Chubbs

And last year 08 we weren't prepping the team during the preseason with it now we have players who will be a lot more prepared to run it on any down out with many looks under center and be that much more comfortable to pass or run out of it...

We are effectively eliminating the Pats offensive advantage over us by instituting a ball control offense... The Pats aren't as far ahead of us as they used to be...

And last year 08 we weren't prepping the team during the preseason with it now we have players who will be a lot more prepared to run it on any down out with many looks under center and be that much more comfortable to pass or run out of it...

We are effectively eliminating the Pats offensive advantage over us by instituting a ball control offense... The Pats aren't as far ahead of us as they used to be...
In the words of Peter Rabbit "Egggsactly"

I cant help but think about our red zone offense with white, ronnie and Turner....we have a great combo of speed and size for the redzone....if white has the ball the threat of running or throwing is always there....it is gonna cause secondarys to be cautious leaving things open for Ginns speed...I dont know how to explain it exactly, but we definately have a much more dynamic offense.

It's a reach for a player we don't need. Simple as that.

It is easier to comprehend if you take into account that the trifecta fully intends to implement an "enhanced" WC.

While many, including myself, thought he was picked early, there must have been concern that some other team might spoil their plans.

Attention All People Who Are Skeptical About Pat White

My question is why? Pat White is insurance! Everyone is already sold on Henne, but to be honest nothing is guaranteed with him. We have depth now and serious QB competition once Pennington takes a back seat, THIS WILL ONLY FURTHER BOLSTER GREATER QB PLAY! Do NOT be surprised if you see Pat White taking the snaps next year, the kid has got an arm and the one thing Pat White has over Henne is simply this.

He's a winner. Four bowl games, senior bowl mvp, leading college rusher of all-time. People say it's a stretch, but I'm not 100% sold that White would have been there at Round III. Yea it's a 'flashy' pick but you know what? Our offense NEEDS a little dazzle. The Phins were great at scoring early on, but to be honest our offense is not as good as it can be and there were more than a few occasions that we could have afforded an extra TD or two in the third quarter.

All of this and I haven't even TOUCHED on the Wildcat, which will allow him to have an IMMEDIATE impact in a system similar to the one he was running for four years in WVU. This is a guy that I'm assuming will be replacing Pennington in the formation (who was basically a waste of a spot with the exception of a play or two). Now we've got an arm behind some legs. This means the safety can NOT cheat up in the box which MEANS we're back to single coverage. Which means it's easier for Ronnie, Ricky, Ginn, White, and everyone on the offensive field.

Touche Parcells I never thought it'd happen but man I am far from complaining about it. Great pick.

I don't hate the White pick, I thought there was some great value at different positions still available. As the QB in White he is starting his NFL career as a long shot more so then any QB that gets drafted on day one. Why? because he's 6'0 tall, you can only name one QB in the NFL that is similar in height (Brees) and I don't believe he's close to Brees as a QB. Does this mean he's doomed to fail, of course not but it will hinder alot of abilities. I realize he will have the ability to break the pocket and run for yards but do you want your QB tucking it and running alot?

I understand the theory behind drafting him and using him all over the field trying to create match up problems and add new wrinkles to the Wildcat. He could very well have a strong impact on our season next year in that role but I have to see him play alot more at QB in the NFL to start believing he's an everydown QB.

So again I do not hate, I certainly do not hate White, I just question his ability to be a effective every down QB in this league but I willing to wait and see. It's very annoying that because some of us aren't doing backflips we get called haters, not true fans and the classic the FO knows more then you line.

As a fan I hope he becomes the greatest all time QB and leads us to multiple championships but before that happens lets take one step at a time before shrining him.

Hey if you're not a hater then my title wasn't addressed towards you, either way we can both agree that he's definitely a risk/reward player.

It is easier to comprehend if you take into account that the trifecta fully intends to implement an "enhanced" WC.

While many, including myself, thought he was picked early, there must have been concern that some other team might spoil their plans.

NE did work him out. And whispers were out there that NE did like him.

He may be classy. However, he still sucks and is a loser.

This is the 5th post by you I've seen about Beck saying the same thing. I think you need to get some help. Your 'hate' for someone you don't know is unhealthy. Leading to stroke, heart attack or worse a bromance.

I don't hate the White pick, I thought there was some great value at different positions still available. As the QB in White he is starting his NFL career as a long shot more so then any QB that gets drafted on day one. Why? because he's 6'0 tall, you can only name one QB in the NFL that is similar in height (Brees) and I don't believe he's close to Brees as a QB. Does this mean he's doomed to fail, of course not but it will hinder alot of abilities. I realize he will have the ability to break the pocket and run for yards but do you want your QB tucking it and running alot?

I understand the theory behind drafting him and using him all over the field trying to create match up problems and add new wrinkles to the Wildcat. He could very well have a strong impact on our season next year in that role but I have to see him play alot more at QB in the NFL to start believing he's an everydown QB.

So again I do not hate, I certainly do not hate White, I just question his ability to be a effective every down QB in this league but I willing to wait and see. It's very annoying that because some of us aren't doing backflips we get called haters, not true fans and the classic the FO knows more then you line.

As a fan I hope he becomes the greatest all time QB and leads us to multiple championships but before that happens lets take one step at a time before shrining him.
Vick is only 6'0", and only 10 or 15 lbs heavier.

Back
Top Bottom