Redskins interested in Brunell? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Redskins interested in Brunell?

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
From http://www.fanball.com/fb/index.cfm

Head coach Joe Gibbs and his staff are currently in the process of assessing the Redskins' current crop of players, but he has already identified a couple of spots that he's like to address, the Washington Post reported. Although he has heard many good things about quarterback Patrick Ramsey, Gibbs would like to sign a high-quality veteran to back him up. The Post mentioned Jaguars' quarterback Mark Brunell as a possibility.

that's not good to hear, but from everything ive read brunell wants to play here, we want him here, it should get done if our new GM wants it to... hopefully nobody changes their mind

Agreed...it may be pure speculation on the Post's part...and I also hope that Bill Parcells is more worried about getting a RB than getting a veteran QB.

we want him as a starter......they want him as a backup......Gibbs is dreamin'

He'll play here..................If we want him.

thats why i dont understand why everyone just jumps all over one guy as if he is a lock to come to miami. what on gods green earth do you think Brunell is a lock to come here? just because he said he would like to play here? cmon people. the market is the market and you dont get a big contract if only 1 or 2 teams are vying for him. There are a lot of teams that like him and it will all come down to who wants him bad enough.

well, he wants to be a guaranteed starter which the redskins couldnt really offer him since ramsey will give him a run. he wants to stay close to his family in jacksonville, norv turner talked to him after the miami/jax to express his interest, and I dont think anyone will blow him away with an offer, so after our roster moves we should have enough money to give him a good offer, it's not like well be trying to get him dirt cheap.

good let him go to Washington. he's not that good anymore anyway. his last 2 games he has barley 100 yards passing, and around 55% completion.

i don't understand why anyone wants brunell in miami. he'll do nothing to help us. i would rather start a rookie (Rivers).

he can throw the deep ball, something miami desperately needs, it would open up running room for ricky and short passing game as well.
also, hes a lefty so he wouldnt have wade smith blocking his blinde side

Brunell is not looking for a backup role.

Yeah I think we can take it for granted that basically if Miami is offering him a starting job, he'll take that. The only way he would fly somewhere else is if we just waited too long to commit to him. He would have to wait until after the draft at the very least I think, but I doubt he'll wait much longer. The waiting is the only thing that could lose him.

Exactly, he isn't going to move somewhere else to be a back up. He is looking for a start job some where, and won't stop until he finds one.

I doubt it will be until the draft. Jags want to part with him now. Not the June 1st thing.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
he can throw the deep ball, something miami desperately needs, it would open up running room for ricky and short passing game as well.
also, hes a lefty so he wouldnt have wade smith blocking his blinde side

uhmmmm...last offseason it was Griese who was supposed give us the deep ball...INSTANTLY!

Are you guys serously saying that everyone out there is just looking for brunell to be a backup? i dont think so. first off, wouldnt the radiers be interested in Brunell and maybe dish off the old guy now? I think San Diego might look his way if they decide to do away with whatshisname? How about Arizona? denny green i think would be very interested in brunell. In cleveland, if couch is let go then why not brunell who played alot of teams in that division before? i could go on and on about possible sacenarios that will eventually pop up as time goes on. And that was my main point before, why are we thinking he is all ours when there will be other teams who can afford a larger salary for him?

Not everyone wants him as a back up, but some would want him as a back up. I'm sure we, the raiders and cards would love to have the guy.

Back
Top Bottom