Redskins interested in Brunell? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Redskins interested in Brunell?

No FFIB wrong. Griese had problems with the deep ball in Denver. Brunell does have the deep ball.

Originally posted by FFiB

uhmmmm...last offseason it was Griese who was supposed give us the deep ball...INSTANTLY!

Uhmmm... and Jay is supposed to take steps forward and make the Pro Bowl every year....

I don't get your point.
Because Griese didn't work out... based on 4 games.....
any other FA acquisition won't work out????

That is what your post suggests.
Brunell has shown a level of consistency at QB that would be a relief to see on the Fins would it not? What else do you suggest rather than using Griese's 4 games to suggest that another FA acquision QB will be a flop?

I don't see your Griese reference having anything to do with wether Brunell can come to Miami and be a success.

One Griese threw about 3 nice long balls on the spot.. 2 were dropped by thompson.. also a qb cant get consistent with only four games that are in the mid season..

I don't know. Maybe I'm delusional , but I'm not ready to completely give up on Griese. Put him behind a better O-Line, with a healed foot, a second year in Norvs Offense and he may be the QB we need. There is no denying he throws a better, more accurate ball then Fiedler.

How did this guy go from a pro bowler to an also ran so quickly?

I bet he's willing to renegotiate his contract to make it very cap friendly.

Originally posted by poppy
I don't know. Maybe I'm delusional , but I'm not ready to completely give up on Griese. Put him behind a better O-Line, with a healed foot, a second year in Norvs Offense and he may be the QB we need. There is no denying he throws a better, more accurate ball then Fiedler.

How did this guy go from a pro bowler to an also ran so quickly?

I bet he's willing to renegotiate his contract to make it very cap friendly.

I agree with you on Griese.
Only if he renegotiated cheap with incentives and that we still bring in a FA veteran.

If we were going to keep one of the two vets on our roster I'd keep Griese to compete with the other FA we bring in. I still believe that with the tools he has he MAY be able to resurrect his career. However, I don't see it happening. I think this team is finally realizing that a new QB is necessary for success and Griese will be caught up in the winds of change that Jay has caused.

Trekbiz I agree with you I'm not saying that he is a starter. Griese is a pocket passer if you can get a line that can give him 4 to 6 seconds to throw not 2 seconds he can throw some of the prettiest passes you will see. He is cheaper than Fiedler aint he so I would keep him. I'm tired of dogging Fiedler he is not a bad player or guy but he has had a chance to prove himself and he failed. He has had a decent line before this year an still failed. But what ever happens to Fiedler or were ever he goes I wish him the best of luck.

Why is Fielder being judged on a bad OL play since he's been here, but Griese gets the benefit of a doubt. Lets look at this, Our OL has not be great Fielder's whole tender, but he operates and we win, Griese gets behing it and Lucas and the OL play shows even more, because the 2 couldn't do anything behind it. The only thing about Jay I wished, is if he had a stronger arm. I know he can throw deep actually, that's how Chambers make his name in his rookie year, Jay and him hooking up deep. This year the psy thing was in play, when it didn't happen early. I want a better OL first thing, then another speed receiver, then address the QB situation. But I bet if Jay could sit in the pocket 4-6 sections he'd be effiencient too...That's ridiculous, you guys willing to give BG a 4-6 second pocket time, but don't appreciate a person who had to take less and still make plays..I don't buy it.

Originally posted by Section126
we want him as a starter......they want him as a backup......Gibbs is dreamin'

He'll play here..................If we want him.

Aaah, but the Skins have almost a 20 mil advantage in the cap tho.

Back
Top Bottom