Reference point: The possible trades | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reference point: The possible trades

ZOD said:
Damn fine points Phunwin. :up:

Okay INFINS.... You used a big word (autonomous). Assuming you got the spelling right, I'm not talking to you anymore about this. :evil:
I checked...it's right!! :woot: :cpatch:

Da 'Fins said:
And, you may have a hard time getting value on future trades.

Personally, I think the trade charts are over-rated. But, your summary is useful and illustrates precisely why I've been saying (with much disagreement) that a trade is very unlikely. Not impossible, but unlikely.
Wrong....Those who are trying to trade up for our pick need people to believe trade is unlikely, it is in thier best interest to do so. We need to trade down for more picks one HELL of alot more than we need anybody one player we could possibly get a the #2 spot!!!! A trade down WILL happen one way or another. And we can't go by that stupid trade value chart and it would be ignorant if we did. I give Saban alot more credit than that. He has a great poker face, plain and simple, but we will compromise the so-called value chart and trade down, guaranteed!!! Please people look at this situation from an objective perspective. We would literaly screw ourselves by picking any one player at the #2 spot.

It's not far-fetched that the Browns could be a trade partner.
This draft is becoming a two-player race between Smith and Edwards. If Niners grab Smith and we take Edwards, what does that leave Browns with.
They don't need a RB, it's too high to take a defensive player so basically their options are Rogers or M. Williams and I'm not sure they're thrilled about either.
Unlikely anyone would trade up either because there's really not a player to move up for, so I think we could force their hand if they really wnat Edwards.
A second round pick might be enough to get them Edwards and we drop to No. 3.

phinfan2003 said:
I'd be willing to make the trade with the Vikings just for their 2 1st rounders. I know it's not an even trade but it might be good enough in this draft.

I totally agree! Then try to get that second round piick from the Chiefs.

inFINSible said:
I understand that but, he can't let other's perceptions shape the way he improves the team. If there is a chance to pick up extra draft picks and still get comparable value he HAS to do it. It's about improvong THIS team not keeping up appearances.

If team's want to look at that as being an easy mark, more power to them when they come to The Dolphins with ridiculous trade offers. I'm sure they'll get laughed at a few times and then get the message that we are going to do what's best for THE MIAMI DOLPHINS always.

One year that may mean, taking what we can get, and another year that may mean taking what we want. Each year is autonomous and should be treated as such, IMO.

Glad to see I am not the only one that sees it that way.

The main point is you do what's best for your team, who cares what anybody else thinks. If you come out of the draft with a better team, let the other GM's think you are a sucker, and next year when they try and lowball you they miss out if it isn't to the advantage of the Miami Dolphins.

Just like anything else in life, something is only valued at what somebody is willing to pay for it.

How can a chart that was made 15+ years ago determine what a players worth today is.

The chart should be a guideline and be adjusted based on the overall talent from year to year, or at the least be adjusted to the changing times.

Fin4life said:
It's not far-fetched that the Browns could be a trade partner.
This draft is becoming a two-player race between Smith and Edwards. If Niners grab Smith and we take Edwards, what does that leave Browns with.
They don't need a RB, it's too high to take a defensive player so basically their options are Rogers or M. Williams and I'm not sure they're thrilled about either.
Unlikely anyone would trade up either because there's really not a player to move up for, so I think we could force their hand if they really wnat Edwards.
A second round pick might be enough to get them Edwards and we drop to No. 3.
http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/111364381554770.xml

apparently the Browns like Johnson. I also feel that Antrel Rolle would represent value at #3.

I think Johnson would be a big reach at No. 3. Rolle could be a possibility, still seems a little high for him.

The latest rumor from the guys at profootballtalk say that if the Surtain deal doesn't get done by draft day, the Fins and Chiefs may still trade, with Surtain going to KC for Larry Johnson.

MiamiFan1354 said:
Let it ring!! J/k

I don't think we are looking for perfect value, but I think the vikings would have to do two firsts and like 4th and tampa would have to do First and second this year and first next..

Now, I would do the TB trade, for their 1st and second this year, and their 1st and 3rd next. Move down three, and we got 9 picks already for 06. I would do that, but they will take carnell. They aint goign to take Smith.

ZOD said:
I should mention another thought I've had.......

If there is a way we can get into Tampa's number 5 overall, there is a team I think would like to have it for Mike Williams.

Number 5 overall = 1700

San Diego -

12. 1200
28. 660

you betcha! alot ridiculed me three weeks ago, when i had us moving down gently through the top 15, accumulating alot of 2nd and 3rds, and still grabbin Alex barron at 12, and two more first rounders.

i like your thinking!

The Minny trade (2 first rounders and another pick...maybe their 3rd, but most likely a 4th this year or third next year) is most likely to happen.

Tice has screwed up on draft day 2 years in a row, and the fans are pissed Moss is gone. They NEED Edwards bad, and they will make the trade in the first few minutes we are on the clock. They need it more than we do.

JJT said:
Wrong....Those who are trying to trade up for our pick need people to believe trade is unlikely, it is in thier best interest to do so. We need to trade down for more picks one HELL of alot more than we need anybody one player we could possibly get a the #2 spot!!!! A trade down WILL happen one way or another. And we can't go by that stupid trade value chart and it would be ignorant if we did. I give Saban alot more credit than that. He has a great poker face, plain and simple, but we will compromise the so-called value chart and trade down, guaranteed!!! Please people look at this situation from an objective perspective. We would literaly screw ourselves by picking any one player at the #2 spot.

Right. That onyl works if stupid GM's on other squads make stupid moves, like letting Marcus Stroud drop out of the top 10, or Ben Rothlisberger. it doesnt happen every year. sometimes the best picks are in the top 5. Its 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Do you want to risk taking the 3rd or 4th best, when we could of had the best? Theres a reason one guy is the best, and the 3rd or 4th are the 3rd or 4th best guy. impact players are impact players, its how much of an impact is the question.

we saw it with Gallery/Andrews/Carey, now didnt we?

LithoMan said:
Now, I would do the TB trade, for their 1st and second this year, and their 1st and 3rd next. Move down three, and we got 9 picks already for 06. I would do that, but they will take carnell. They aint goign to take Smith.

that is way to much 2 firsts a 2nd and a 3rd to move up 3 spots. No way

Back
Top Bottom