Regarding this new "thanks" thing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Regarding this new "thanks" thing

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Reaction score
I see I've been thanked one time for one post. Is there any way to tell for which one? :unsure:

You know, the more I think about it, the more I like this thanks thing. I think it should also be pointed out that this allows star ratings to be used for what they were intended: recognizing the overall quality of a thread. This could alleviate the complaint that the star ratings were based more on the popularity of the thread originator than anything else. To wit, to recognize an individual post (and poster), use the thanks tool instead!

You know, the more I think about it, the more I like this thanks thing. I think it should also be pointed out that this allows star ratings to be used for what they were intended: recognizing the overall quality of a thread. This could alleviate the complaint that the star ratings were based more on the popularity of the thread originator than anything else. To wit, to recognize an individual post (and poster), use the thanks tool instead!

I originally installed the Thanks hack because it can only be used positively and never in a negative way as the star rating system has too often been used. I hope it works out well here too.

The thanks thing is GREAT....it takes the place of "me too" or "I agree"....I love it.

Back
Top Bottom