Reggie Howard | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reggie Howard

we cant just go interchanging linemen as we see fit. have any of you guys ever played line, its totally different technique and mental prep for each spot, never mind the line calls the center must make, u cant just plug any slob in there and expect him to get it right, altough id rather have a moneky than mckinney. but seriously, some guys cant even switch left to right tackle cuz they cant handle the hand and footwork switch...

Jaj said:
LT- St. Clair
LG- Vernon Carey
C- Wade Smith
RG- Damion McIntosh
RT- McDougle

Crazy. :shakeno:

Lineman are not like leggos, you can just plug them where you see fit. :lol:

StClair doesnt have the footwork to be a LT. he would get killed there.

McIntosh-James-Whoever-Carey-McDougle with StClair as the utility man would be the best line. Centerwise I dont know who is the best player because Wade Smith and Hadnot are still question marks.

Reggie Howard is SO Overrated it's not even funny. I dont know how we fell into his Free Agent Trap

Philter25 said:

McIntosh-James-Whoever-Carey-McDougle with StClair as the utility man would be the best line. Centerwise I dont know who is the best player because Wade Smith and Hadnot are still question marks.

Exactly.

Surferosa said:
What did we pay for Howard? If I remember correctly, we only gave him a $4.5 million bonus. Is that correct?

ONLY $4.5 mill? That's a pretty big chunk of money for someone who is OK at best. And was only OK at best with Carolina. He didn't suddenly become average after he signed the contract. Wanny and Rick over spent for him. He should be asked to take a pay cut. And if he were smart, he'd take it - because he won't be getting much money anywhere else.

I wouldnt be suprised if Reggie Howard is our best cornerback this year. Reggie is a zone cornerback and last year we made him play nickel where he was usually man to man...... I have no idea why Wanny and Spielman signed him to what they did b/c he didnt fit their scheme. Did they overpay for him, you bet, was he playing a different defense that he played in carolina, you bet, does it make absolutely no sense why we would sign a zone cornerback to play nickel in a man to man defense last year, you bet..........

If Saban plans on playing mostly zone coverage and we have Madison, who is a man to man cornerback, and Poole, who is more of a man to man cornerback and neither are your ideal zone cornerbacks, I would expect because of Reggies excellent tacking ability that he MIGHT be the best cornerback we have for Saban's scheme...... if he beats out Will Poole. Although last year he definately wasnt worth what we paid him, he actually might be this year. I havent given up on him yet and he has one more year in my book. If he doesnt beat out Poole for the starting spot opposite of Madison, then I wouldnt be suprised if we took the cap hit and moved him because as a nickel again theres no way we can justify what we are paying him.

I don't ever wanna see St. Claire, Mckinney, Macintosh, W. Smith ever again. But too bad. Looks like we're stuck with em.......AGAIN.
Please...Dont gimme the ole Hudson Houcke routine.

Philter25 said:

agreed...

I think the reality is that Seth may be the best we have at C, we'll see.

anyone who thinks McIntosh will play over St. Clair has not been seeing much of the Dolphins last year huh?

dolfreak said:
anyone who thinks McIntosh will play over St. Clair has not been seeing much of the Dolphins last year huh?
anyone who knew anything about football will know that D-Mc was injured all last year and still played hard.

St Clair is crap.... he was crap at the Rams, and he was the best of a bad bunch last year. The best of the worse. Personally, he wouldnt even make my 53 man roster - that is more because I dont like him rather than think he is that bad, but he isnt good, he shouldnt start this year.

All i know is that "D-Mac" allowed way too many "D-SACKS". All you would see was the defensive End FLY around him and hit the crap out of Feeley.
St. Clair and Hadnot played phenomenal the last 6 games, the right side of our line was SOLID.Don't know if it was Bates' Coaching but he stepped it up at the end.

dolfreak said:

Watching the fins last year has nothing to do with it. I watched every single game last year. Understanding the Oline has everything to do with it.

Its not Mcintosh playing over St Clair, its St Clair plays RT and I think McDougle will beat him out. St Clair doesnt have the footwork to play LT and is a RG/RT in my book.

Therefore, they are not competing for the same positions. St. Clair CAN NOT play LT. The only people who will compete at LT will be McIntosh, Carey (maybe) and Wade Smith (maybe).

I feel McIntosh will win the LT spot over Carey and Smith, whereas I feel Carey has the best shot to win the RG spot and StClair will get beat out by McDougle.

Therefore even though McIntosh would start in my book and StClair wouldnt, McIntosh isnt playing OVER StClair.

john st claire can not play LT in this league im very sorry, Dmac is def our best option and then Carey but we dont know how he will pan out yet, i dont even want st claire starting to tell the thruth

dolfreak said:
All i know is that "D-Mac" allowed way too many "D-SACKS". All you would see was the defensive End FLY around him and hit the crap out of Feeley.
St. Clair and Hadnot played phenomenal the last 6 games, the right side of our line was SOLID.
trust me... st clair was a turnstyle in St Louis... think Wade Smith (who I like) at his worst.

i know st clair was a bust in St. louis and i'm not saying he's going to play LT because HE WONT. He played solid at RT the second half of the season... McIntosh really played HORRIBLE the WHOLE YEAR. DID anyone else notice this? When Bates used Hadnot at RG and St. Clair at RT i've never seen Feeley have more time.

Our Best lineup last year was

McIntosh/James/Seth/Hadnot/St. Clair

it was reliable and it worked!!

But "D-Mac" BY FAR was the worst lineman we had last year.Maybe not in ability but in PRODUCTION. D-ENDS were FLYING by him like crazy!!! Tony Wise sucks also, dont forget about that.

Back
Top Bottom