Reggie Howard | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reggie Howard

finsnchips said:
Personally, he wouldnt even make my 53 man roster - that is more because I dont like him rather than think he is that bad, but he isnt good, he shouldnt start this year.

As of right now with his cap number and only one year left, he isnt on my roster. I am not paying a 1 million dollar backup.

McIntosh - James - McKinney - Carey - McDougle Starters
Smith - Cook - Hadnot - Hadnot- Alibi Backups A
Alibi - Whitley - Smith - Cook - Smith Backups B

Wade Smith can play either tackle position and Saban's going to give him a shot at center, Rex Hadnot can play C/G positions and Alibi can play tackle and Cook can play both G positions along with Whitley.

Even though StClair was the best of what we had last year, if he cant beat out McDougle for the starting spot, I cut him because his pay wouldnt warrant him on the bench even though he would be the next best guy IMO.

dolfreak said:
i know st clair was a bust in St. louis.....i'm not saying he's going to play LT because HE WONT. He played solid at RT the second half of the season... McIntosh really played HORRIBLE the WHOLE YEAR. DID anyone else notice this? When Bates used Hadnot at RG and St. Clair at RT i've never seen Feeley have more time.
Read what you originally typed, then re-read my post.

LT - McIntosh (later Alabi, believe in HH!)
LG - Wade Smith (J. James backing up)
C - ? perhaps Rex Hadnot
RG - Hadnot/Carey/St. Clair
RT - Carey/St. Clair/McDougal

I still believe that Wade Smith can excel; if not as a Tackle, then as a Guard. I don't know that we have a clearcut starting Center on the roster right now - and am among many who consider McKinney a disaster should we go into another season with him being knocked backwards on every snap.

dolfreak said:
i know st clair was a bust in St. louis and i'm not saying he's going to play LT because HE WONT. He played solid at RT the second half of the season... McIntosh really played HORRIBLE the WHOLE YEAR. DID anyone else notice this? When Bates used Hadnot at RG and St. Clair at RT i've never seen Feeley have more time.

Our Best lineup last year was

McIntosh/Carey/Seth/Hadnot/St. Clair

it was reliable and it worked!!

But "D-Mac" BY FAR was the worst lineman we had last year.Maybe not in ability but in PRODUCTION. D-ENDS were FLYING by him like crazy!!! Tony Wise sucks also, dont forget about that.
he had time with st clair and hadnot... think what he'll have with a pair of first rounders in Carey and McDougle blocking the right side.

I knew from the beginning Carey would never play Tackle in the NFL. At UM he Excelled as a Guard, he was NEVER dominant at the Tackle spot. If Carey is going to play he'll be a Guard at most. We should of have drafted WILFORK, damn you WANNSTACHE!!! :shakeno:

dolfreak said:
Our Best lineup last year was

McIntosh/Carey/Seth/Hadnot/St. Clair

it was reliable and it worked!!

When did Carey every start at LG? I recall him starting at RT against NE when StClair was hurt.... but never at LG....? :confused:

Carey was a lot more dominant at RT than he was at RG. He played guard his senior season and stuggled. If Wanny drafted willfork this town would've exploded with "how could this guy draft defense again?"

Mcintosh is awful and even JT last year said that he wasn't the answer at LT when we brought him in from San Diego. Apparently (according to the herald), saban is forcing St. Claire to take some time at LT against his will. While I know he's not a true LT, it won't take much to beat out Damien Sackinstosh.

LT St. Claire / Carey
LG James
C Mckinney (i hope hadnot beats him out)
RG Carey / St. Claire
RT McDougal

donshula72 said:
Apparently (according to the herald), saban is forcing St. Claire to take some time at LT against his will.

I wouldnt be suprised if he forced everyone on the Oline to learn and play every position (excluding Center). We dont have standout players and the only player I see stuck in one position is McKinney.... he is just too small to play anything but center. Having versatility on your Oline is excellent incase someone gets injured you have more than one option.

Hostile 17 said:
LT - McIntosh (later Alabi, believe in HH!)
LG - Wade Smith (J. James backing up)
C - ? perhaps Rex Hadnot
RG - Hadnot/Carey/St. Clair
RT - Carey/St. Clair/McDougal

I still believe that Wade Smith can excel; if not as a Tackle, then as a Guard. I don't know that we have a clearcut starting Center on the roster right now - and am among many who consider McKinney a disaster should we go into another season with him being knocked backwards on every snap.

Wade Smith will not be starting at LG.. That position I see as the most set in Jeno James.. He will start at LG barring any injuries I would think..

Dphins said:
I wouldn't hold it against the dolphins to ask him for a paycut this guy was Subpar last year. Infact both Carolina guys really let us down last year. On the NFL network they showed Jeno getting thrown to the ground easily. They were all laughing saying how horrible our line was.

What was obvious was that Howard was played out of position...he better fits Saban's D than Wanny's....Jeno had a subpar year, but that falls in line with the entire Offense...no scheme, poor technique, poor coaching...all adds up, even for an experienced guy like Jeno...

Back
Top Bottom