Reggie Williamas | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reggie Williamas

we must sign a vet to help free chambers up NOW i like TO's talent but a dic so i say Darrell Jackson draft Clayton or Woods be a nice 3 reciever core so that would take the pressure off the Rookie!!!!

Originally posted by Zachspac54
we must sign a vet to help free chambers up NOW i like TO's talent but a dic so i say Darrell Jackson draft Clayton or Woods be a nice 3 reciever core so that would take the pressure off the Rookie!!!!

I think Miami wants to develop all the young wr talent (simmons, Tolver and probable draft pick) and they are counting on the new wr coach to guide the youngsters and maybe Thompson. The only way I see them signing a vet is if a guy like Boston is cut and we get him cheap. Boston had performed well under our wr coach when he was in Ariz.

If they are looking to improve the WR, Jerry Sullivan is definately the way to go..

whoever miami drafts.. woods, reggie williams, evans, and or clayton ... i'm sure sullivan will work hard with whoever it is... to get the best out of him.. tolver and newson are guys to watch.. and believe it or not.. he may resurect thompson ... lets hope whoever miami drafts is some that can come in and contribute ASAP!!!

We'll take WR in the first round and whoever he is will be better than DT. We'll take care of the o-line in free agency. I like R.Williams too but Jenkins or Woods would be fine too.

Ozzy rules!!

Reggie Williams would be a great pick. He is a very hard working guy.

From thehuddlereport.com :
Reggie Williams WR Washington

Strengths
Reggie runs good routes. He has good speed. Has some quickness in and out of his breaks. He shows very good hands. He is very strong and powerful. He shows leadership qualities. Shows up for the big play and wants to be the man. This is important for an impact player. He runs very well after he catches the ball. He uses a stiff arm to break from his tackler, which not many WR's do well at the college level. Reggie has the POTENTIAL to be as good as Eric Moulds of the Buffalo Bills. The same things that were being said about Eric are being said about Reggie. Good and bad.

Needs to Improve
Reggie still needs to work on his quickness off the line. He will have trouble getting separation until he learns to change speeds in his routes. Bump and run DB's will slow him just enough to throw the timing off of his routes until he learns to fight through it. He must learn how to run routes with his smarts and not just his talent. Reggie has good hands and catches the ball from a QB with a big time arm, but he does drop the ball at times. Most of the time scouts would say this is from a lack of concentration, which is true in most cases, but in Reggie's case I feel that it is because he is too impatient. He wants the ball so bad, that he sometimes lunges at it. It throws his hand-eye coordination off and he drops the ball. Reggie could also improve the consistency of his blocking.

Bottom Line
Some scouts say that Reggie has a bad attitude, I disagree. He just wants to be the best. This is a positive, not a negative. His attitude is typical of an impact player who plays with just a little bit of fear. The fear that he won’t succeed. This is what motivates him to be as good as he is. This is what motivates him in his work ethic. No amount of money affects this fear. Money is a secondary factor for players of this type. Reggie will succeed big time at the next level, because he is afraid of NOT succeeding at the next level. Reggie will be banging on DB's like a screen door in a hurricane for a long time. Hurricane Williams… sounds good to me!
Drew Boylhart

Potential to be as good as Moulds?! Yeah, this guy looks like a great prospect. If the Bills go WR there is a good chance we will get Reggie or Roy because of how deep this draft is at the top.

At least we have a deep threat...we get a big wr that'll go over the middle and you guys wont just be worried, you'll be stressed. So how's the offensive line looking this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a good chance that all three Williams will be gone and Clayton will still be there.
There are possible 7 teams that pick before us that may take a WR.

Oakland
Atlanta
Jacksonville
New York Jets
Buffalo
Tampa Bay
San Francisco

I was hoping for Reggie Williams but I'm having a hard time believing he will still be there at 20.
I think we will have the pick of Evans, Clayton, Woods

Originally posted by Jets81
At least we have a deep threat...we get a big wr that'll go over the middle and you guys wont just be worried, you'll be stressed. So how's the offensive line looking this year?

I find it hilarious that a Jets fan is trying to pick a fight. :lol:

Miami swept the Jets with a horrible, horrible offense. With the moves Spielman has made with the cutting of players that are over the hill and not playing to their contract, they got their heads in the right direction and the offense will be more effective next year.

Back to the subject, Miami will draft a WR in round 1. I have that marked as a lock because Wannstedt talks about the FA acquisitions affecting the thought process on the draft and quite frankly, there are no free agent WR's that would take Miami's mind off of one of the top 5 WR's in this draft.

Now, it's interesting to predict what WR Miami will draft. I believe Miami drafts Rashaun Woods over Reggie Williams if both fell. The only knock on Rashuan Woods was his speed. HE shut that up in the combine and now, There's no reason why this guy should not be the #3 or #2 WR in this draft. He's 6'2" (Very nice height) and about 200 lbs or a little under (A little lanky) and is "ultra-consistent" playing at a high level every week in college displaying the work ethic and character to succeed big time in the NFL. Rashaun Woods is being overshadowed by Clayton, Reggie, Roy Williams, Fitzgerald and the young Williams because they are all in the 6'4 range where as Woods is at 6'2.

This Rashaun Woods could make this group of WR's selected ahead of him look like busts at the end of his career and I see Woods as the "Marino" of the best WR class in history.

IMO :drinker:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Dolphins13Fan
Williams' biggest pitfall is that he has a major attitude problem, and is in the mold of Meshawn Johnson and T.O.

To me his biggest pitfall is that his agents are the Poston's. I want him I just want him to fire his agents.

Reggie Williams is an excellent WR. I love the way the guy plays.

But, as CKparrothead brought up a while back when I said Miami should definetely draft Reggie without a doubt, Reggie is in the mold of T.O and Keyshawn where he wants to make the plays and he wants most of the pass plays to go to him because he consistently beats out the opponent across from him consistently every game. Reggie's college numbers dont reflect how dominant he was when going one on one with a CB. HE wants to be the best and nothing short of it.

His attitude is not one to fit in Miami because of the strong run game, McMichael and Chambers being the go to receiver.

Because of that, I really like Rashaun Woods. Great attitude.

Back
Top Bottom