Reinforcements For Dolphins As Several Starters Return To Practice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reinforcements For Dolphins As Several Starters Return To Practice

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_10439203.jpg

Perhaps the worst has passed the Miami Dolphins by. The Dolphins were severely undermanned during their Week 2 preseason contest against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers — half the starting defense was on the shelf with injury. So, too, was at least three key contributors on offense and the team’s primary return-man on special teams.

The injury bug hasn’t claimed anyone with anything significant to this point in the preseason for the Dolphins — thank goodness for that. But bumps and bruises have stretched this team thin, revealing the alarming lack of depth in some areas on the roster. But yesterday brought a bit of good news for Miami: reinforcements are here.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...phins-as-several-starters-return-to-practice/

This Team is still loaded with Soft players, paycheck collectors, keep the purge going.
For example?

I would agree that we don't have a plethora of physically dominant guys, but for the most part they seem to be busting their collective asses. I wouldn't say they are "soft", and just collecting a check.

Jones and Alonso are, indeed just biding their time, knowing their days are numbered, but I wouldn't label either as soft.

At this point I'm not expecting Wilson to be ready for week one. Don't take a genius to see that he's just not 100% yet. Not sure about Grant either tho if he actually plays this week it'd mean he's ready to go?
Yeah, I don't either. The 4th preseason game is basically a no show for starters and the rest of time is trying to stay healthy until week 1 practice. It would suck to see him on the pup list for 6 weeks but long term vision that may be the best option for him.

No good news here however..

Major hip injury. Can’t say I’m surprised. Just know that our own Dwayne Allen had hip issues and he basically had to change his entire game up. No longer a pass game vertical threat.

What’s Albert Wilson’s plan b? His entire game revolves around his hips

I’m just being real about it. When a guy whose game revolves completely around his hips has a major hip injury I’m trying to get out of that money as soon as possible.

Could he be an exception yeah maybe. If he never gets it back you talking about a shadow of his former self

I’m just being real about it. When a guy whose game revolves completely around his hips has a major hip injury I’m trying to get out of that money as soon as possible.

Could he be an exception yeah maybe. If he never gets it back you talking about a shadow of his former self
A hip injury ended Bo Jackson's career. Wilson might never be as fast as he was either and that'd be a big problem.

A hip injury ended Bo Jackson's career. Wilson might never be as fast as he was either and that'd be a big problem.

I’m more worried about fluidity. His game is largely after catch. Run after catch

I don't see any of our wr's being here in two years. Maybe, maybe, maybe Grant and/or Williams, if he amounts to anything.

I don't see any of our wr's being here in two years. Maybe, maybe, maybe Grant and/or Williams, if he amounts to anything.
And even Grant may depend upon what kind of contract he's looking for.

I love the guy, but he is not, at this point, a top tier WR, and you can't pay big $ to a returner, even a great one.

Back
Top Bottom