Relax And Enjoy The Ride

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, May 9, 2019.

1. DKphin

DKphin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

[​IMG]

As the Miami Dolphins inch ever closer to the start of Summer training camp and the eventual regular season, the inexorable reality that this is a season unlike any other in the fifty four year history of the franchise continues to at once captivate and confound the team’s fan base.

Never before has the team’s front office intentionally left the roster so undermanned that the team, at least on paper, may not be able to beat a single opponent on its sixteen game schedule. I personally don’t believe it will be that bad; as I’ve said previously, I look for them to win about four games.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/5/9/18538221/relax-and-enjoy-the-ride

Ray R and 13marino13 like this.
  2. cuzinvinny

cuzinvinny A True Fan

Nice team view and short videos of the UDFA we picked up. On "The Rundown"

https://twitter.com/miamidolphins

3 categories:

WR RB & TE's

OL men

LB, CB, S's

DL

enjoy

BigNastyFish, 13marino13 and DKphin like this.
  3. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E12 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

I disagree with
    The biggest part is always the franchise QB. Rosen has the ability to become our franchise QB. If that happens we just shaved off 2 years (2020 and 2021).

The biggest difference between last year (7-9) and this year is that we will be healthy going into the season, that we have two QBs which are leaps above both last year's QBs and coaching. I firmly believe that this coaching staff is able to coach the team up. They literally follow the Patriots blue print in acquiring players.
    We will be fine on offense and I expect us to score more than our normal 20ppg.
    A lot of our defensive problems last year were on the coaches. Sometimes players were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. That will change this year. There still will be bumps in the road and I am curious how high can Flores and Co coach this team up. But I believe that in 2020 we'll challenge for a playoff spot.

4. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 A True Fan

I fully expect a bumpy ride...and am completely OK with it. Never have I seen them go into a new regime with a concerted focus on the long-term like they appear to be doing now. I'm fully willing to lose a year or two to get respectable and consistent, and I think that's where they're headed. Very excited.

Edit: Can somebody please tell me how to change the "Team Tannehill" under my avatar? I've looked through the settings and can't seem to find it.

5. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid Donator

So are you trying say we got Tom Brady 2.0?

6. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

Are you trying to say any QB other than Tom Brady isn’t a franchise QB?

7. mfish41

mfish41 It is what it is Donator

This is such a trite article. I'm not going to "relax and enjoy" the Dolphins laying a giant turd for two seasons.

There's plenty of examples of teams making a leap in their 2nd year of a regime. If this regime has the sauce we should be seeing some kind of leap in 2020.

russst, kevphin and PhinFan1968 like this.
  8. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Not a particularly great article. It's a football season...same **** different year.

Our roster sucks, sure, but our roster has been pretty ****ty for the past decade or so.

Wake me up when we have a franchise QB. Hopefully it's Rosen.

Marino1313 and NY8123 like this.
  9. PhxSunFan34

PhxSunFan34 Well-Known Member

Always putting words in people's mouth...

10. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

I don't understand either. We dumped an average at best QB, a very average RT, two aging DE's and a partridge in a pear tree and we are an 0-16 team yet last season we had hope. :bobdole:

I don't see any difference between the 2018 roster and the 2019 roster except there are a couple new players who might become improvements over what departed.

russst and Ben Had like this.
  11. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

It's all in your perspective. If you are expecting a playoff team this year, get ready to be disappointed.
    If you believe in the building process, there will be all sorts of small victories along the way to relevance

lurking likes this.
  12. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin There's one, set for stun Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

13. Scrap

Scrap Hall Of Famer Finheaven VIP

I completely agree with this. Sure, there are weaknesses. But let them stay relatively healthy (big task there), add in a little dose of luck (some teams get this), and who knows what could happen. If the coaching is in any way improved, that could be a big difference maker.

13marino13 likes this.
  14. 13marino13

13marino13 QUICK, pull my finger! Finheaven VIP Donator

I'm gonna say 4-6. It also wouldn't surprise me to see it below that or even above those numbers. Most likely IMO is the 4-6. I don't see a total collapse scenario taking place. We're going to have a lot of young hungry guys. Young being the key here.

15. 13marino13

13marino13 QUICK, pull my finger! Finheaven VIP Donator

Sounds good, I hope you are correct. I hate losing...

Crump likes this.