Remember this guy the Dolphins tried to trade for? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remember this guy the Dolphins tried to trade for?

jasmine

Starter
Reaction score
Maybe Miami saw something no one else did:

Seahawks | Thompson Plays Through Pain - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 09:24:05 -0700

Updating previous reports, Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks OT Michael Thompson (knee) made a statement to his teammates. After going down with a knee injury on Tuesday, June 3, Thompson played through the injury in Wednesday's practice, June 4. Thompson suffers from an arthritic knee. "I don't have all the lubrication in my joint that I should have and I know this, so when I go down, I feel like I have to be out there and help my team," he said. "This being a minicamp, coaches might want to hold me out, but I feel like I have something to prove."

Last edited by a moderator:
that means we have a better medical staff than the seahawks...:)

Excellent find, Jasmine. I think a few people, including some in the media, owe our medical staff an apology. Vindication is sweet. :up:

Man, ever since we started that girl thread......we've got a bunch of girls who are really contributing to this site. Bringing stuff that we probably wouldn't have seen or found.....as well as intelligent, educated conversation. I am truly impressed. Bravo. You guys rule. :rocker:

Originally posted by jasmine34
Maybe Miami saw something no one else did:

Seahawks | Thompson Plays Through Pain - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 09:24:05 -0700

Updating previous reports, Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks OT Michael Thompson (knee) made a statement to his teammates. After going down with a knee injury on Tuesday, June 3, Thompson played through the injury in Wednesday's practice, June 4. Thompson suffers from an arthritic knee. "I don't have all the lubrication in my joint that I should have and I know this, so when I go down, I feel like I have to be out there and help my team," he said. "This being a minicamp, coaches might want to hold me out, but I feel like I have something to prove."

Wow, the move not to sign that guy was the biggest dissapointment to me of the offseason. Especially when he was cleared by the Seahawks Medical staff. The Fin staff must be really on their game to have detected something these guys didn't. Looking back it was a damn good move by the Fins not to sign him.

Girl Power!

GREAT post, Jasmine.

And speaking of girl power, let me say one more time, inFINS ... LOVE the new sig pic.

The Dolphins are fortunate to have a very talented medical staff. Players from other teams routinely come to Miami for surgeries

Now if our medical staff could just surgically remove Cindich's head from his :booty: ...

man isn´t it funny, the whole offseason now, we rip our front office for things we don´t like, like the slow start in free agency, the gadsden situation, the draft, the thompson decision but in the end, they always show us, how little we now about, what it takes to run a professional football team, i pull my hat to the coaching staff and all the guys who work in this organization, because of them, i can say i´m very proud to call myself a MIAMI DOLPHINS FAN, keep up the good work guys, this year is our year....and like someone already stated in an earlier thread : 2003 Back with a vengance

I think most teams that would have examined Thompson would have found the knee problem, its just some teams draw the line between passing and failing a physical at a different spot. Miami had more long-term interests in Thompson, so they saw that and just were like "well this guy ain't lastin too long" so they rejected it. Seattle just wants him for this year if I'm not mistaken, so they were like "we'll put up with it" I think it was a good call on our front office's part because as it looks like it could be showing, Thompson may not even make it through this year or any year with that knee.

Excellent find, Jasmine. I think a few people, including some in the media, owe our medical staff an apology. Vindication is sweet.

Man, ever since we started that girl thread......we've got a bunch of girls who are really contributing to this site. Bringing stuff that we probably wouldn't have seen or found.....as well as intelligent, educated conversation. I am truly impressed. Bravo. You guys rule.

While we're on the subject, you new Dol-Chicks know about our initiation practices here at FinHeaven, don't you? Maybe the Mods didn't get to you about it yet but its ok we all went through it, its no big deal. All you have to do is get together in a bedroom and have a nude pillow fight while one of the veterans videotapes. I know most people hate putting up with newb's so I'll volunteer to tape the actual pillow fight. If you could just get back to me on PM on a good time and place that would be great, and don't be nervous we've all been through it.

CK's story is basically true, but don't trust him to do the taping, because he used the incorrect nickname for the female fans. Dol-chicks? Puhleease.

Of course, the correct term is "Dol-femmes." And of course, I'M the one you should be PM'ing. ;)

ROFL!

Originally posted by ckparrothead
While we're on the subject, you new Dol-Chicks know about our initiation practices here at FinHeaven, don't you? Maybe the Mods didn't get to you about it yet but its ok we all went through it, its no big deal. All you have to do is get together in a bedroom and have a nude pillow fight while one of the veterans videotapes. I know most people hate putting up with newb's so I'll volunteer to tape the actual pillow fight. If you could just get back to me on PM on a good time and place that would be great, and don't be nervous we've all been through it.

:rofl:

I guess it's not just me. Man, it's like Spring is in the air or something!

Back
Top Bottom