Rep Power Points | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rep Power Points

SCall13

Finheaven QB
Reaction score
I go over to PanthersHuddle.com occasionally. They have a thing set up for Rep points/Rep Power. It's actually a pretty cool idea.

Everyone starts off with X amount of rep power. When someone posts a good post or starts a good thread, each person who reads his/her post or thread is allowed to up that persons rep. The rep is done in 100 point increments. For each 100 rep points you recieve, your rep power becomes 1. IF your total rep points are 200, your rep power becomes 2 and so on. You pass along points by your total rep POWER. When someones recieves a total accumulation of rep power, and their points reach x100, they get 1 point of additional rep power to give out.

Also, you can do a negative rep on someone who is totally moronic with a post, goes off topic, throws out personal jabs, etc.

Anyway, I think I made sense. Check out PanthersHuddle.com if I didn't explain it very well. I think it's a great idea and COULD and SHOULD encourage people to post a little more "intelligently."

We used to have that feature. Not sure if we intentionally got rid of it or not.

I know MindWarp is familiar with that feature on that "other" board. :D

The problem is people will just neg people they don't like, good post or bad, it becomes a popularty contest.

Now saying that, who cares if they get negged or rep? Billzone does it.

The problem is people will just neg people they don't like, good post or bad, it becomes a popularty contest.

That is the big downside to it: A popularity contest. I just figured it would be good as a tool to at least encourage people to improve the post quality, particularly in the football areas of the site. In general, noone would want the bad rep numbers, so it may help.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there.

True, I can imagine what mine would have been over the last month with all the Buckeyes fans. :lol:

True, I can imagine what mine would have been over the last month with all the Buckeyes fans. :lol:

And that right there is why we no longer use it here. Do we still have it sure. its just deactivated.

To many people abused it when we did have it which caused it to go away.

And that right there is why we no longer use it here. Do we still have it sure. its just deactivated.

Understandable.

You get rep from me!!!
posrep-1.gif

Unfortunately that system like the star rating system on threads get misused by malcontents and those who are envious or have issues with the posters.

It only works if all of members use it and not just the sourpuss members who go out of their way to rate negatively.

The system is flawed, hell I got neg.rep points for being a finfan on Billszone the first day I joined.

Back
Top Bottom