Rep Power Points | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rep Power Points

negrep-1.gif

At first I wanted that feature to be used here but after watching how it plays out on other boards I don't anymore. Ends up creating a lot of drama and I don't think we are short on that as it is. :lol: You end up with threads being interrupted by "Why the heck did I get negged for this post!?!?" Which is sometimes a very ligament question as many posters just neg people they don't like without regard to the actual content of the post.

People like NJFINSFAN1. :evil: :njphins: :D

That is the big downside to it: A popularity contest. I just figured it would be good as a tool to at least encourage people to improve the post quality, particularly in the football areas of the site. In general, noone would want the bad rep numbers, so it may help.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Rep points are a nice feature as long as people can be responsible with them. I'm a mod on a small private site and the rep points work well because everybody knows each other and gets along. It doesn't work on bigger sites because there is so much more opportunity for arguments and so many different personalities that are trying to make their POV heard. BillsZone is a good example of a place that has rep but the people misuse it. I'm not knocking the site, just the misuse of that feature.

Back
Top Bottom