Report: Oklahoma Qb Kyler Murray Has Bulked Up To 206 Pounds Before Nfl Combine | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Oklahoma Qb Kyler Murray Has Bulked Up To 206 Pounds Before Nfl Combine

finomenal

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
https://www.thephinsider.com/platfo...-206-pounds-before-nfl-draft-combine-dolphins

The Heisman Trophey winner is ready to impress at this week’s combine

One bit of Murray news before we move on. The new Mike Mayock at NFL Network, Daniel Jeremiah—talk about big shoes to fill—told me over the weekend that he heard Murray has bulked up to 203 pounds from his OU playing weight of 190. And calling around over the weekend, I heard it was 206. That is significant. Here’s why: Talking to NFL people about Murray, as I wrote last week, there was worry that Murray had more of a Mookie Betts build in college than a Russell Wilson physique. Meaning Murray was not only small, but also slight. If Murray has spent the past five or six weeks bulking up, that would play in his favor at the combine and in completing scouting reports on a complex prospect, because teams want to see a thicker player than Murray was at OU. Theoretically, it would mean he’d be more equipped to withstand the pounding he’ll obviously have to face in the NFL.

This is good news for those Dolphins fans that want Kyler Murray. After all, one of the only negatives surrounding his game is his size. If he is indeed 1/8th of an inch under 5’10 and north of 205, that should help calm some of the narrative that he doesn’t have an NFL frame.

CK was early on this news. Rounding up to 5'10, it'd give him a BMI of 29.6, which is higher than Carson Wentz's 28.1 (6'5 237) - as a point of comparison.

Love this time of year where I can just say "Smokescreen" At everything that hits the news like everyone else does.

tenor.gif

If this kid doesn’t go 1st overall to the Cardinals, I don’t think he makes it past Gruden and the Raiders.

I'd like to see how the added bulk affects his throwing motion. As long as he maintains flexibility and range of motion, he should be fine.

If this kid doesn’t go 1st overall to the Cardinals, I don’t think he makes it past Gruden and the Raiders.

I have a feeling he'll definitely go 1st overall, whether the Cardinals pick him or another team trades up. By the time the combine and his pro day are over, there will be so much hype. We'll hear the more accurate Michael Vick comparisons. Book it.

8 5/8" hands...No QB in the modern NFL has ever played with smaller than 9" hands.
There are times when the kid,can't spin it...more like a frisbee....Just saying...

8 5/8" hands...No QB in the modern NFL has ever played with smaller than 9" hands.
There are times when the kid,can't spin it...more like a frisbee....Just saying...
This is your projection? They haven't measured yet

Just wait...everything will fold out like it's supposed to..

Tony Romo and Mike Vick both had sub-9" hands. It's less than ideal, but it hasn't shown up as an issue for Murray - far less of an issue than either of the aforementioned QB's. People also said Mayfield would have small hands, so we'll have to see.

Tony Romo and Mike Vick both had sub-9" hands. It's less than ideal, but it hasn't shown up as an issue for Murray - far less of an issue than either of the aforementioned QB's. People also said Mayfield would have small hands, so we'll have to see.
I think people assume small QBs have small hands. But that's not the case, Russell Wilson had 10 inch hands. Hand size doesn't equate to height, totally independent aspect

Tony Romo was 9 5/8" ... Vick was 8 1/2"....my bad on that one...thought Vick was a horrible QB..but ,hey..If that's the comparison....

Tony Romo was 9 5/8" ... Vick was 8 1/2"....my bad on that one...thought Vick was a horrible QB..but ,hey..If that's the comparison....
Why don't you like Murray? I think that's the issue here. Nobody knows how big his hands are, I tried to compare how he holds the ball with somebody like Russell Wilson to compare hand size but can't tell lol. We will know tomorrow that's when the measurements are

I just feel his career will be the same as RGIII....much better options coming down the road.
But,If we draft Murray....He'll be a Dolphin, I'll root like hell for the son of gun....
I've rooted for a LOT of crappy Dolphin QB's...just my take guys...but hands will
be under 9"

Back
Top Bottom