Report: The Dolphins Inquired About Washington Lt Trent Williams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: The Dolphins Inquired About Washington Lt Trent Williams

I want to say I remember Tunsil struggled on the right side is rookie year in camp, but I'm not 100% sure of that.Perhaps they feel Williams could make the transition with less difficulty? I would have no problem with them pursuing this if the goal was to keep them both long-term.

The problem is, Williams probably wants in the $15 million range and Tunsil more than that. $30 million plus on two guys and you still have the least talented interior line in the NFL. Plus you are giving up day 2 compensation for Williams.

Its one thing if this was a playoff team and Tunsil went down with an injury, but injury prone and over thirty just to place him at a lesser position but pay him like he was the primary guy would be a terrible move.

Miami has no reason to do this move in the state the team is currently in. Inquiring is just due dilligence at this point.

We have Tunsil. Why were we looking at a LT?
Maybe because we need a right tackle?I could be happy if they swung this by giving up a six or seven, I mean you have to do your due diligence. Nothing wrong with kicking the tires. The real crime would be if they didn't even try to improve the offense of line

T Plus you are giving up day 2 compensation for Williams.

Miami has no reason to do this move in the state the team is currently in. Inquiring is just due dilligence at this point.
I agree with you 100% if the compensation was between the two or three. Even if it was an early day three pick I probably wouldn't be happy.

I agree with you 100% if the compensation was between the two or three. Even if it was an early day three pick I probably wouldn't be happy.

Adam Schefter said it will likely take a 1 and change. Now I think that is too high considering the age/injury history/new salary . . . But its far more likely than a 6 or a 7.

Its not a reasonable play for Miami, but if I am a contender with a major need at LT, I am trying my best to get the deal done. He really is the best LT in the league when fully healthy.

We are the exact opposite of that type of team and need.

Adam Schefter said it will likely take a 1 and change. Now I think that is too high considering the age/injury history/new salary . . . But its far more likely than a 6 or a 7.

Its not a reasonable play for Miami, but if I am a contender with a major need at LT, I am trying my best to get the deal done. He really is the best LT in the league when fully healthy.

We are the exact opposite of that type of team and need.
Can't argue with any of what you're saying

Yeah dude is looking for a new contract next offseason, and will be 32 by then... There's really no way this makes sense.

Can't argue with any of what you're saying

It sucks because I certainly want to add more talent to this group.

But at this point, Miami may be best suited in coaching the current guys up, looking through cuts and see what the product looks like towards the end.

Anybody not named Tunsil that can cement a spot for 2020 on this line would be a big win for this staff.

I believe I read somewhere that New England was interested in him and we may have been driving up the price to possibly shake loose a different player next year, doubt were willing to give up 2020 1st for him.

found it

Chris Kouffman‏ @ckparrot Aug 13

Chris Kouffman Retweeted JennaLaineESPN

Don’t think this is THAT hard to figure out. Patriots were rumored to be so far in on this at one point it sounded imminent. Miami calls a bunch, now Patriots can’t get a bargain. And if a Trent Willliams trade leads to Isaiah Wynn kicking inside, hello UFA Joe Thuney in 2020.

Last edited:
Williams is a top olineman period. He is better than anyone on our line. Having said that, it's not the right time for us to make this move, but redskins aren't going to get what they want. Every team will lowball an offer because Williams not going to play for Washington

Back
Top Bottom