Report: Waddle Unhappy With His Role (?) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Waddle Unhappy With His Role (?)

I have been saying the same thing for months about Hill. While he has explosive speed his drops have hurt this team. and I can think of other receivers who would be just as valuable in this offense. It might be a combination of Tua’s inability to drive the ball down the field, but it seems as if teams have been able to nullify his speed. Seems like a dumb statement for the receiver with the most receiving yards this year, but if you look at it on a game by game bases, he gets most of his yards and catches against the weaker teams. Like Carolina, Denver, Chargers… Go look at his results against the bills, Chiefs, Ravens, Chiefs… he does not have a single hundred yard receiving game against those team.

Personally, if I was the GM, I would start talking to a few teams behind the scenes about his availability in a trade. Most likely the conversation would go “It’s amazing that we’ve had some offers for Tyreek, and as much as we’d like to keep them some of these offers have been strong enough that we would consider it since we have other needs.” my first contact would be with Dallas since Jerry Jones is desperate for a Super Bowl while he is still alive and in charge of the team. The thought of pairing Tyreek with cd lamb further offense would give them a legitimate chance with Dak. The value of their first round pick this year along with the first next year if not a second and a fourth. They are in a win now mood and Hill would give them the best receiver option available either via draft or free agency they would look at their first rounder this year And see that Tyreek would be the best fit. Other teams might give us a first rounder, and that is about it, and with Tyreek only wanting to play one or two more seasons, and his cap hit this year it makes sense. Another 4 to 5 seasons I would keep him.
I let you in on why Hill didn't have big number vs teams like the Ravens, Bills, and Chiefs. It has nothing to do with Tua or Hill. How do you negate Hill's speed? Simple make the QB throw before he can use his speed.

Our OL sucks still. They were below average vs poor DLs and people thought they were good. They got destroyed by good DLs. Everyone focused on QB sacks/pressures and were say wow Our OL isn't that bad. Those stats are about multiple things, QBs matter (getting rid of the ball faster), play calls (you adjust routes/depth of routes).

Go look at Pass Block Win Rate. Miami was 31st in PBWR. People made fun of the Jets OL on here yet Miami was worse in pass protection. When Miami average 2.5+ seconds (which is still very quick) in Time to Throw, their O pretty much throttled everyone. When they struggled (good DLs) the TTT dropped down to around 2 seconds. It doesn't matter if you add Marino at QB and Jerry Rice at WR to this O, you will still struggle to pass consistently we only given 2 seconds or less to throw.

Bottom line is Grier/McDaniel need to get their heads out of their arses and realize that you can only mask a crap OL so much.

I let you in on why Hill didn't have big number vs teams like the Ravens, Bills, and Chiefs. It has nothing to do with Tua or Hill. How do you negate Hill's speed? Simple make the QB throw before he can use his speed.

Our OL sucks still. They were below average vs poor DLs and people thought they were good. They got destroyed by good DLs. Everyone focused on QB sacks/pressures and were say wow Our OL isn't that bad. Those stats are about multiple things, QBs matter (getting rid of the ball faster), play calls (you adjust routes/depth of routes).

Go look at Pass Block Win Rate. Miami was 31st in PBWR. People made fun of the Jets OL on here yet Miami was worse in pass protection. When Miami average 2.5+ seconds (which is still very quick) in Time to Throw, their O pretty much throttled everyone. When they struggled (good DLs) the TTT dropped down to around 2 seconds. It doesn't matter if you add Marino at QB and Jerry Rice at WR to this O, you will still struggle to pass consistently we only given 2 seconds or less to throw.

Bottom line is Grier/McDaniel need to get their heads out of their arses and realize that you can only mask a crap OL so much.
Actually I agree about the OL but the fact of the matter is with Tua’s arm strength safeties and DB’s only have to cover so much field because they know his arm strength will not allow us to stretch the field vertically. Tua has to rely on rhythm and timing more than almost any other QB because he lacks arm strength and the ability to stress a defense with his legs. No threat to run means safeties don’t have to support the run and no spy needed.

As far as oline it I s perfect example of why Grier needs to be gone.Jackson, Hunt, and Liam all drafted in the first two rounds, Armstead signed in FA to a huge number but healthy 50% of the time, and Williams signed as well in FA - solid pickup but injured.

Bottom line is Grier’s fingerprints are all over this team, and his mistakes in the draft caused our FA issues and cap Issues. Miss in the draft and then compound it with trading picks for players leaving us with fewer draft assets. Have to build through the draft and he can’t evaluate players - kind of an important trait to have as a GM.

Actually I agree about the OL but the fact of the matter is with Tua’s arm strength safeties and DB’s only have to cover so much field because they know his arm strength will not allow us to stretch the field vertically. Tua has to rely on rhythm and timing more than almost any other QB because he lacks arm strength and the ability to stress a defense with his legs. No threat to run means safeties don’t have to support the run and no spy needed.

As far as oline it I s perfect example of why Grier needs to be gone.Jackson, Hunt, and Liam all drafted in the first two rounds, Armstead signed in FA to a huge number but healthy 50% of the time, and Williams signed as well in FA - solid pickup but injured.

Bottom line is Grier’s fingerprints are all over this team, and his mistakes in the draft caused our FA issues and cap Issues. Miss in the draft and then compound it with trading picks for players leaving us with fewer draft assets. Have to build through the draft and he can’t evaluate players - kind of an important trait to have as a GM.

As I recall last time I looked at the stats, Tua completed more deep ball passes than vast majority of starting QBs. Are you seriously saying what you are saying? Tua has a weak arm? He can't drive it downfield? Tua can't stretch the field vertically? Call 1-800-IAM-LOCO. Counselors standing by to help you.

The arm strength thing with Tua is such BS. We faced as much or more 2 safety high then any team in the NFL, because Tua is one of the best deep passers in the NFL. Drew Brees was one of the best deep ball passers ever in the NFL , at about the exact same arm strength. Tua has completed multiple throws in the NFL at 50+ air yards. That is more then enough distance to stress any D. The key is you have to complete those deep throws and guess what Tua does. The only throws Tua real can't make at a high rate is old school NFL out type throws (which hardly any Offenses even throw much of anymore). The whole Tua doesn't have the arm to keep Ds from cheating up is a myth from shock jock guys on espn/Twitter.

Okay want some proof. Let's look at Tua's numbers throwing deep vs others
Tua 20+ yards:
32/63 50.8% 1,149yd 10td 7int
Mahomes 20+ yards:
18/63 28.6% 624yd 1td 6int
Allen 20+yards:
28/76 36.8% 933yd 7td 9int
Herbert 20+ yards
20/55 36.4% 615yd 2td 3int

So only QB to have over 40% completion was Tua and itbwas 50.8. Tua had the most yards. Tua not only had the most TDs, he had the same as the others combined.

Okay I know what your thinking Tua can only throw in the middle (inside the numbers. So let's go ahead bust that media myth as well.
These are deep (20+) outside the numbers.
Tua: 26/48 931yd 9td 4int
Mahomes: 12/38 443yd 1td 4int
Allen: 21/53 627yd 6td 3int
Herbert: 17/46 502 1td 1int

So my question is were is this mythical part of the field that Tua's arm strength won't allow us to attack vertically?

*disclaimer I am not saying Tua is a better QB then any of these guys. Just that he is a better deep passer (or vertical passer).

As I recall last time I looked at the stats, Tua completed more deep ball passes than vast majority of starting QBs. Are you seriously saying what you are saying? Tua has a weak arm? He can't drive it downfield? Tua can't stretch the field vertically? Call 1-800-IAM-LOCO. Counselors standing by to help you.
Yes i am and watch the film which does not lie. You will see deep balls that are underthrown on 9 routes as well repeatedly on post and post corners. He thrives in shorter routes like dig, seams, crossing routes, and shallow crossers. If we are on the right hash he cannot drive the ball to the opposite side and has to release it much sooner due to his arm strength which gives db’s more time to cover/recover. Some of his ”long passes” like against a Washington traveled 15-20 yards and went for 80 yard TD’s. Trust me I wish he had the arm to capitalize on the weapons and speed we have. Put it this way if you made him change teams and put Josh Allen in our offense and a Tua in Buffalo his numbers would plummet and Allen would throw for 5000+.

Yes i am and watch the film which does not lie. You will see deep balls that are underthrown on 9 routes as well repeatedly on post and post corners. He thrives in shorter routes like dig, seams, crossing routes, and shallow crossers. If we are on the right hash he cannot drive the ball to the opposite side and has to release it much sooner due to his arm strength which gives db’s more time to cover/recover. Some of his ”long passes” like against a Washington traveled 15-20 yards and went for 80 yard TD’s. Trust me I wish he had the arm to capitalize on the weapons and speed we have. Put it this way if you made him change teams and put Josh Allen in our offense and a Tua in Buffalo his numbers would plummet and Allen would throw for 5000+.
BS your are making stuff up. Tua threw 2 tds to Hill vs Washington. One was 31 yards, Tua at 15, Hill caught at 46. The other was 49 yards Tua at Miami 32, Hill caught at Wash 19. Just make up stuff to fit your narrative.

I see you have no response to my above post that has all the cumulative numbers for passes over 20+, which is also quad based, (different then air yards, which adds yard's for QB position and angle)so if the line of scrimmage is the 20 the catch us after the 40.

Too funny. Keep going. 😂

The arm strength thing with Tua is such BS. We faced as much or more 2 safety high then any team in the NFL, because Tua is one of the best deep passers in the NFL. Drew Brees was one of the best deep ball passers ever in the NFL , at about the exact same arm strength. Tua has completed multiple throws in the NFL at 50+ air yards. That is more then enough distance to stress any D. The key is you have to complete those deep throws and guess what Tua does. The only throws Tua real can't make at a high rate is old school NFL out type throws (which hardly any Offenses even throw much of anymore). The whole Tua doesn't have the arm to keep Ds from cheating up is a myth from shock jock guys on espn/Twitter.

Okay want some proof. Let's look at Tua's numbers throwing deep vs others
Tua 20+ yards:
32/63 50.8% 1,149yd 10td 7int
Mahomes 20+ yards:
18/63 28.6% 624yd 1td 6int
Allen 20+yards:
28/76 36.8% 933yd 7td 9int
Herbert 20+ yards
20/55 36.4% 615yd 2td 3int

So only QB to have over 40% completion was Tua and itbwas 50.8. Tua had the most yards. Tua not only had the most TDs, he had the same as the others combined.

Okay I know what your thinking Tua can only throw in the middle (inside the numbers. So let's go ahead bust that media myth as well.
These are deep (20+) outside the numbers.
Tua: 26/48 931yd 9td 4int
Mahomes: 12/38 443yd 1td 4int
Allen: 21/53 627yd 6td 3int
Herbert: 17/46 502 1td 1int

So my question is were is this mythical part of the field that Tua's arm strength won't allow us to attack vertically?

*disclaimer I am not saying Tua is a better QB then any of these guys. Just that he is a better deep passer (or vertical passer).

Dan the Man! Preach on Sir!

BS your are making stuff up. Tua threw 2 tds to Hill vs Washington. One was 31 yards, Tua at 15, Hill caught at 46. The other was 49 yards Tua at Miami 32, Hill caught at Wash 19. Just make up stuff to fit your narrative.

I see you have no response to my above post that has all the cumulative numbers for passes over 20+, which is also quad based, (different then air yards, which adds yard's for QB position and angle)so if the line of scrimmage is the 20 the catch us after the 40.

Fools don’t mess with Dan.

Ray is right and Dan is the Man.

Check yourself fried chicken. 😂

Back
Top Bottom