Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade

what are you making up today? twice in 2 years, what was his season ending injury in 2011?

if he was a phin what would you be saying about him?

I'd be saying trade him. You should be thankful. This is the first brilliant move by the Jets in forever.

Individual defensive players are overrated. Especially guys in the secondary. Plus he's coming off an injury. Not interested.

I'd be saying trade him. You should be thankful. This is the first brilliant move by the Jets in forever.

Individual defensive players are overrated. Especially guys in the secondary. Plus he's coming off an injury. Not interested.

I am sure they will explore but will probably not like what they find w/ his salary demands and coming off injury and he'll be back w/ us. We'll see.

He could become the first player to get traded and then hold out after an ACL tear.

what are you making up today? twice in 2 years, what was his season ending injury in 2011?

if he was a phin what would you be saying about him?

we have a very similar player (jake long) and i think the consensus is to let him walk. the only difference is, we get nothing for long. you have a chance to trade revis and rebuild, you may even be able to get a qb out of it. revis is a great player and i believe he will recover from the ACL, but i think getting a couple of good picks and a qb to challenge sanchez would help you more.

we have a very similar player (jake long) and i think the consensus is to let him walk. the only difference is, we get nothing for long. you have a chance to trade revis and rebuild, you may even be able to get a qb out of it. revis is a great player and i believe he will recover from the ACL, but i think getting a couple of good picks and a qb to challenge sanchez would help you more.

If we trade Revis we also have a huge cap hit so that makes it very different and I don't think we'd get as much for him as we should based on him coming off the injury.

Jets shopping Revis

Hey Junc, looks like you might lose your best player.... that being said, i would love to see him in miami.. send the 2nd rd pick we got for Vontae. Revis will want big $$$ though.

No thanks. They are looking to get rid of his salary cus he is damaged goods and they need free cash. Let them suffer.

Hey Junc, looks like you might lose your best player.... that being said, i would love to see him in miami.. send the 2nd rd pick we got for Vontae. Revis will want big $$$ though.

This was already posted today and isn't Dolphins related. I moved it into the other thread.

Jets may part ways with Revis

I haven't seen this on the site so forgive me if it's been posted. I heard today on ESPN that the Jets are seriously considering parting ways with the best cornerback in football. Could it be that he's not bouncing back from his injury quickly enough? I'm not sure if they would trade him to an AFC rival or on what basis he may be available but I'd be interested in hearing some opinions of the Dolphin faithful.

You probably didn't see it cause every time someone makes this thread it probably got moved shortly after. I'm sure Miami is interested as is the rest of the league but no way I see any kind of trade talks between Jets and Dolphins.

The likelihood that the New York Jets trade Darrelle Revis to the Miami Dolphins has the same chance of taking place as Mark Sanchez going undefeated and winning the Superbowl next season for them.

Or Rex Ryan not asking his wife if he can worship her feet every Toesday.

In other words...

IT.AIN'T.HAPPENIN...

EVER!

Revis actually holds all (or most) of the cards here, a team is only going to give up a first round pick (plus more in all likelihood) for him as long as they have assurances that Revis will sign a long term deal with them. So if Revis says Miami or the Giants are the only teams he'll sign an extension with and Miami is the only team with a good offer on the table then the Jets are in a pickle.

No way. Not with Manning's contract.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

Darrelle Revis - DB - Jets
SI's Peter King gets the sense executive VP John Elway will try hard to convince Broncos owner Pat Bowlen that Darrelle Revis is the missing piece in Denver.

The Broncos currently have plenty of cap room, but with LT Ryan Clady still needing a new deal some of that will obviously evaporate. Still, it's not hard for teams to work around this issue. As we saw in the Divisional Round loss to the Ravens, Champ Bailey just can't hang with the deep speed threats at receiver anymore. Adding Revis to handle the opposing team's No. 1 receiver and taking some pressure off Bailey would be a nice upgrade. What Elway wants, Elway usually gets. A first- and second-round pick is said to be the Jets' asking price. King mentions the Chiefs and 49ers as other possible Revis suitors. This is pure speculation at this point.

Darrelle Revis - DB - Jets
SI's Peter King gets the sense executive VP John Elway will try hard to convince Broncos owner Pat Bowlen that Darrelle Revis is the missing piece in Denver.

The Broncos currently have plenty of cap room, but with LT Ryan Clady still needing a new deal some of that will obviously evaporate. Still, it's not hard for teams to work around this issue. As we saw in the Divisional Round loss to the Ravens, Champ Bailey just can't hang with the deep speed threats at receiver anymore. Adding Revis to handle the opposing team's No. 1 receiver and taking some pressure off Bailey would be a nice upgrade. What Elway wants, Elway usually gets. A first- and second-round pick is said to be the Jets' asking price. King mentions the Chiefs and 49ers as other possible Revis suitors. This is pure speculation at this point.

Denver makes a lot of sense and a first and a second is pretty fair.

Back
Top Bottom