Reshad Jones has a leg up on clemons. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reshad Jones has a leg up on clemons.

This x10.

Reed's dedication is what makes him great, not his god given ability. His drive and preperation are legendary.

And Slimm, who does Jones remind you of when you study him?

Lawyer Milloy is the comparison I've always made for Reshad Jones, that's who he reminds me of... that's what I think he can be if he reaches his potential..

Lawyer Milloy is the comparison I've always made for Reshad Jones, that's who he reminds me of... that's what I think he can be if he reaches his potential..

But one thing about Milloy is he wasn't much of a ballhawk. He had a few seasons of 2, 1 and 0 for his interception total..

Jones I think will be better than that

Wanna talk about a blur and big hits check this out...he worked hard and got better every year at UGA so he brought a great work ethic with him...much like Vontae his natural ability will take over once he gets a grip on the NFL game and he will be a beast wherever you put him

[video=youtube;1su79vloRNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1su79vloRNg[/video]

[video=youtube;5uppzu_pGDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uppzu_pGDc&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;JQzMrxZxSVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQzMrxZxSVs&feature=related[/video]

Those black georgia helmets are a thing of beauty, the red facemasks really set it off.

Those black georgia helmets are a thing of beauty, the red facemasks really set it off.

I was there and alot of old school UGA fans and i mean OLD school were like totally turned off by that jersey combination and few actually left to return to tailgating.

To each his own i guess.

But one thing about Milloy is he wasn't much of a ballhawk. He had a few seasons of 2, 1 and 0 for his interception total..

Jones I think will be better than that

as Milloy has gotten older, his game has become less about ints, but he has always been an enforcer.

As for Jones, he WAS projected as a first rounder (ironically to us by a lot of people) after his sophomore season, but Georgia's disappointing (for lack of a better term) season during his junior year really hurt him

as Milloy has gotten older, his game has become less about ints, but he has always been an enforcer.

As for Jones, he WAS projected as a first rounder (ironically to us by a lot of people) after his sophomore season, but Georgia's disappointing (for lack of a better term) season during his junior year really hurt him

Alot of his low INT seasons were when he was in his prime.

reeds god given instincts are what sets him apart...as instinctual as any player in football...but his physical abilities are very high end also...

i haven't seen ed reed level instincts in the small sample size i've seen of reshad jones...but if he's the next lawyer milloy that would be a hell of a player...milloy wasn't the best vertical speed coverage guy either...

no doubt reshads a physical force back there...and he does have good short area quick acceleration

I dont think you can start Jones in base packages yet...

Getting him 1 on 1 vs any wideout with some burners will put us in trouble everytime in the beggining..

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d816dce91/2010-Combine-workout-Reshad-Jones

Go to :7 seconds in. Watch his combine workout, his swiveling of hips is below average and takes him time to transition. In the bears game his angles got eaten up a bunch of times when trying to attack the ballcarrier.

I love him in Nickel and Dime packages where he can just roam and use his ballhawking ability. But until he learns how to use angles right and understands his cushion I dont think you can start him fulltime.

The dilemma is that with Clemons in, we have a sure-fire safe FS who will make very little mistakes but won't cause that many turnovers.

Then you have Jones who is a loose cannon per se. He can cause havoc back there, but he can also suffer several mental lapses and give up big plays.

With Clemons your looking at a #5-8 defense consistently, maybe peaking at #3,4. With Jones your looking at either a #1-3 defense or #8-11 ranked defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Milloy was an incredible ballhawk when he first entered the league.... He had 25 career interceptions, and 15 of them came in his first 4 years...

He was used a little bit differently when he left New England and started playing for different teams in different systems. He became more of an enforcer.. an intimidating presence in the secondary (big hits, forcing fumbles)...

Reshad Jones beating Chris Clemons... If that didn't happen I would have been severely disappointed. Clemons isn't a "bad" player, but I expected Jones to be a beastly beast. Obviously... I'm a R.Jones fan boy, I admit it.

yeah if i'm the oc and reshad is patrolling the deep middle in single high i'm finding ways to get my edmond gates on him as much as i can...ii know that...my burners going right at him

O
I dont think you can start Jones in base packages yet...

Getting him 1 on 1 vs any wideout with some burners will put us in trouble everytime in the beggining..

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d816dce91/2010-Combine-workout-Reshad-Jones

Go to :7 seconds in. Watch his combine workout, his swiveling of hips is below average and takes him time to transition. In the bears game his angles got eaten up a bunch of times when trying to attack the ballcarrier.

I love him in Nickel and Dime packages where he can just roam and use his ballhawking ability. But until he learns how to use angles right and understands his cushion I dont think you can start him fulltime.

The dilemma is that with Clemons in, we have a sure-fire safe FS who will make very little mistakes but won't cause that many turnovers.

Then you have Jones who is a loose cannon per se. He can cause havoc back there, but he can also suffer several mental lapses and give up big plays.

With Clemons your looking at a #5-8 defense consistently, maybe peaking at #3,4. With Jones your looking at either a #1-3 defense or #8-11 ranked defense.

Clemons is far from a sure fire FS. He's solid. I'll take Jones big play ability over him anyday of the week.

Every FS in the NFL will get burned by s speedster. And just about all of them have stiff hips.

i love a playmaker at free safety also...heck its what you want...but if the guys gettin eaten up by vertical speed that invades his area teams are gonna attack it to no end...reshads gonna have to bail early and the qb and wr can break off the route and have anything underneath or if he squats and gets flat footed he won't be able to recover and they'll be hanging 6 burgers on us all night long if the protection holds up...teams are gonna design ways to get him one on one with their burner...

reshads transition screams attack him vertically...he better be in his pedal a lot

that said chris clemons as everyone knows doesn't do much for me...his speed keeps him from being an outright eye sore

Back
Top Bottom