Restricted Free Agents | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Restricted Free Agents

Dolphins17-0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know ogunleye will likely bring us a 1 and 3 if someone signes him, but does anyone know what type of compensation we get for lesser restricted free agents like Travis Minor and Morlon Greenwood if someone offers them a contract? Just curious, thanks

This is just a guess but:
TRavis Minor 3rd or 4th
Morlon Green wood 3rd or 4th

No team will sign them if the phins tender them at the min. Both would require a team to give up its 2nd round pick.

Does anyone think we will try to bring Minor back? I've always thought he was a solid backup.

Anybody have any ideas of who might be interested in Ogunleye? I'm excited about the idea of that 1st round pick.

I think Minor should be brought back and should get the ball more next season.
Tams probably interested in Ogunleye:
Buffalo Bills
Arizona Cardinals
Jacksonville Jaguars
Cincy Bengals
Cleveland Browns
On the top of my head

I would love to get Ogunleye.

We desperately need someone to put on the other end.

That said...I just can't give up the 13th pick and a third rounder when we need a WR and a QB just as badly.

Originally posted by Spikes
I would love to get Ogunleye.

We desperately need someone to put on the other end.

That said...I just can't give up the 13th pick and a third rounder when we need a WR and a QB just as badly.

thats why i don't see a market for him. theres 3 pretty good DE that are UFA. then theres a decent group of people. but none of them are gonna demand $, and picks like Ogun will.

Ogun will be a dolphin next season because of that.

I have no problem with the idea of keeping the tandem of JT and Ogun together. But how, exactly, would we keep him? What kind of contract would we offer? If we spend more money on defense to keep him, then I think they really have to consider getting rid of Madison . . . especially if the front office is sincere about revamping the passing game. We need more money on the offensive side of the ball.

The 1st and 3rd round tender is only a little over $1 million. It's possible that Ogunleye could play under a one year deal for about $1 million next season. However, if there are no takers, I expect Rosenhouse to hold Ogunleye out in attempt to get a long term contract.

Dave cost the Dolphins quite a bit of money by not getting a long term deal done last year when Ogunleye was an exclusive rights free agent and was wanting a long term deal.

From page 59 of the CBA:

(1) Right of First Refusal: one year Player Contract with Paragraph 5 Salary of at least $275,000;

(2) Right of First Refusal and Draft Selection at Player’s Original Draft Round: one year Player Contract with a Paragraph 5 Salary of at least (a) $275,000, or (b) 110% of the player’s prior year’s Paragraph 5 Salary, whichever is greater; in addition, if option (b) applies, all other terms of the player’s prior year contract are carried forward unchanged (this subsection is subject to the rules of subsection (c) below);

(3) Right of First Refusal and One First Round Draft Selection: one year Player Contract with a Paragraph 5 Salary of at least (a) $600,000, or (b) 110% of the player’s prior year’s Paragraph 5 Salary, whichever is greater; in addition, if option (b) applies, all other terms of the player’s prior year contract are carried forward unchanged;

(4) Right of First Refusal, One First Round Draft Selection, and One Third Round Draft Selection: one year Player Contract with a Paragraph 5 Salary of at least (a) $800,000, or (b) 110% of the player’s prior year’s Paragraph 5 Salary, whichever is greater; in addition, if option (b) applies, all other terms of the player’s prior year contract are carried forward unchanged;

Originally posted by Frayser
I have no problem with the idea of keeping the tandem of JT and Ogun together. But how, exactly, would we keep him? What kind of contract would we offer? If we spend more money on defense to keep him, then I think they really have to consider getting rid of Madison . . . especially if the front office is sincere about revamping the passing game. We need more money on the offensive side of the ball.

That´s the fuc*** POINT!!!!
We cant sepnd more nothing to D#...

[]´s
From BRASIL!!!!

God Bless AMERICA!!!!

of Minor Sage and Greenwood

Minor is #1 priority since he is such a great team player playing on ST and getting good YPC a RW's backup

Sage s/b kept as well if we were dumb enough to give up a pick for him but I still have not seen enough of him to kno

Greenwood is more than capable to play the SSLB in our base D which is only on the field 1/2 the time

bottom line - we need allocate top $ for all these guys (of couse OGun gets max.)

I agree with minor, but wouldn't have a problem if someone took greenwood off our hands. We do have eddie moore who can hopefully show us something and if we could get a 3rd or 4th rounder for greenwood then we could take a shot at pasha jackson, buhl, kendyl pope, or another younger linebacker with a lot more potential than greenwood and give him a year to break in slowly before taking over for seau.
All that being said, i doubt anyone pursues greenwood, so it's all moot, but whatever

Originally posted by dolphan39
of Minor Sage and Greenwood

bottom line - we need allocate top $ for all these guys (of couse OGun gets max.)

Miami has all the leverage with the three RFA's. Ogun will get at least a 1st round tender and the other two will get the minimum tender offers. Minor and Greenwood have not shown enough to get a better offer than one year at the min. Ogun may ask for 5 mil a year but the max hes gettin from the phins is a one year at around 1.5 mil.

Back
Top Bottom