RESULTS OF AN UNCAPPED YEAR for those confused byt he whole thing... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RESULTS OF AN UNCAPPED YEAR for those confused byt he whole thing...

fishin said:
Gees man whats your deal. He never said it was his own. he just stated what he read. what is it some kind of rule that you have to put out a link with it. hes just trying to help out the people that dont get it. Dont be upset that you couldnt provide the thread for those guys man, its OK. we are all phin fans here. Go take that @#$% to the bills forum.
:shakeno:

I didn't say he needed a link, but I was just saying it is common courtesy to tell where you got your story from. It would be one thing if he paraphrased it, but he copy and pasted an entire article from a different website. It is call plagiarizing. And what do you mean "people who don't get it", it a free site, and what about I "couldnt provide the thread for those guys."

fishin said:
Gees man whats your deal. He never said it was his own. he just stated what he read. what is it some kind of rule that you have to put out a link with it. hes just trying to help out the people that dont get it. Dont be upset that you couldnt provide the thread for those guys man, its OK. we are all phin fans here. Go take that @#$% to the bills forum.

Actually PSUfinfan is right. Its wrong to take someone elses writing and pass it off as your own as he did. He never mentioned it was from somewhere else, it sounds like he found the information and wrote it.

Well

In either case, the way they treat players, and contracts they DONT honor, something had to change. Yes, we as fans get hosed, but how about if you were due to get 9 mil and you start planning how you gonna take care of your money.. Then you get cut? That's all BS..

I'm glad we have an owner like Wayne, because we for sure wont be the "kansas city royals" of football. We'll be one of the teams that can compete. Welcome back to the age where we might REALLY see NFL dynasties again. I just feel bad for teams like the Jaguars etc.. That's gonna suffer. We gotta just roll with the changes and trust in Nick Saban, and Randy Mueller..

BLOODY THURSDAY CONTINUES>>

An uncapped NFL means the Dallas Cowboys become the Yankees of the NFL.

Jerry Jones would go out and outbid everyone on a team of allstars, only to lose in the first round of the playoffs. :sidelol:

Will restricted free agency remain the same, with tenders rewarded with picks, or is an uncapped restricted free agency totally different? I'm not old enough to remember the specifics of the NFL pre-cap, is that what the NFL will turn back into?

tristang said:
An uncapped NFL means the Dallas Cowboys become the Yankees of the NFL.

Jerry Jones would go out and outbid everyone on a team of allstars, only to lose in the first round of the playoffs. :sidelol:

Jerry Jones is certainly not the richest owner in the NFL

ABrownLamp said:
Jerry Jones is certainly not the richest owner in the NFL

Right, but him and Dan Snyder have the largest amount of revenue flowing into their pockets from football. Obviously, the Seahawks owner would be the richest, but not because of the money he makes as an NFL owner.

fishin said:

actually man, he never said it wasnt his either. made it look like it was his own. i greatly apreciate his help because this whole thing is so confusing but I re read it and it does not say anwhere that he didnt write that up himself. cant copy and paste somone elses thoughts and say their your own

A few quick observations on the many good points in this thread.

1) The originator - good content - but you did rip it from PFT without crediting them in any way.

2) NFL should have guaranteed contracts like the other sports. That would put an end to the over-inflated contracts and force the business end of football to be more diligent. It would also end all of the T.O.-like crap that happens with players from year to year.

3) The owners should not have to share any revenue with each other. If you are a business man and decide to drop nearly a billion dollars on a small market team, then that is the decision you made and other, smarter businessmen, shouldn't bail you out.

4) Revenue sharing with players is ridiculous. They are an employee and make a salary. Sure I get PROFIT sharing at work, but nowhere near the salary that these guys get and I only get it as a performance bonus. There is no expectation they owe me anything.

5) The players need to realize that they have received benefits from football beyond the NFL. They were admitted to a college that many (most) would not have otherwise gotten into. Same point for graduating from said university/college. Players with talent become marketable and thus generate large sums of money for themselves in endorsement and promo deals. Should the players share that revenue with the owners?

I'm pretty sick of the whole thing. Most make millions when in any other occupation they would have been making slightly above minimum wage somewhere - given most common skillset. So spare me. Yes it is a hard game that requires dedication and preparation. However, to the poster who brought getting tackled by Zach and then never questioning how much they make. If you've ever been tackled by Wall Street you would realize that, in comparison, Zach doesn't hit very hard at all.

While we're on the topic of cleaning up the NFL, let me hit you with this one: Convicted felons are not allowed in the NFL - period. If you are convicted of a misdemeanor - you cannot be drafted above the 5th rd - salary slotted appropriately. That would end a lot of the current thugishness and solve a lot of problems for the league going forward. In a very short period of time, you would also see issues regarding player conduct at the college and high school levels improve as well.

phinMikeDC said:
Right, but him and Dan Snyder have the largest amount of revenue flowing into their pockets from football. Obviously, the Seahawks owner would be the richest, but not because of the money he makes as an NFL owner.

Give Paul Allen a couple years of uncapped free agency and he will have a dynasty. This guy is the 3rd richest man in America and spending a couple BILLION on his team is nothing to him. He can spend what most owners spend in a year in a day by just spending the interest of his money.

ASUFinFan said:
actually man, he never said it wasnt his either. made it look like it was his own. i greatly apreciate his help because this whole thing is so confusing but I re read it and it does not say anwhere that he didnt write that up himself. cant copy and paste somone elses thoughts and say their your own

So are you saying that every time you state a fact that you found of google or espn or anywhere else that you qouted it and provided a link? I know that I am guilty of it. But We all read things from other websites and then post what we read. Now I am with you when his statement was word for word or copy and paisted but all I was trying to say is that there was really no need to break his back on his thread. All that did was make him feel bad about it. And what I meant by "People who dont get it" is simply that. The people who do not understand what the result of an uncapped year means. and about the thread what i meant was that you could not provide the answer he gave to those people, whether it be through another site. I really dont mind if he plagarizes, this isnt a college english class, so if you dont tell on him I wont.

fishin said:
So are you saying that every time you state a fact that you found of google or espn or anywhere else that you qouted it and provided a link? I know that I am guilty of it. But We all read things from other websites and then post what we read. Now I am with you when his statement was word for word or copy and paisted but all I was trying to say is that there was really no need to break his back on his thread. All that did was make him feel bad about it. And what I meant by "People who dont get it" is simply that. The people who do not understand what the result of an uncapped year means. and about the thread what i meant was that you could not provide the answer he gave to those people, whether it be through another site. I really dont mind if he plagarizes, this isnt a college english class, so if you dont tell on him I wont.

Its about ethics man, passing off someone else's words as your own is the wrong thing to do. He could have summarized it or just put that it was from PFT in his first post instead of taking credit for it. "so if you dont tell on him I wont" that attitude right there can get you fired, sued or put in jail for a long time if your boss is doing something unethical/illegal in the workplace. It happens to secretaries and people internal to organizations ALL the time.

haha wow u guys are anal, i did get it from pft i did not pass off anything as my own none of those are my own words its straight from the article i would not summarize it cuz thats waaay too long, yes i guess i should have written PFT on it somewhere, but for u other losers who are blowin steam outta ur ears, get a life

FINMAN OUT!

BillC it is interesting how you talk about a player getting into college and having low skills.
These players are gifted individuals that have more than repaid their colleges for their lack of education, they play for free but rhe school charges to see them.
The NFL is a monopoly and it serves them right I would never pay to watch Jerry Jones play footbal and if you were a premier player in this league you would like the contract you signned to stand and not be cut when you are injured or at the end of your career.

Back
Top Bottom