RESULTS OF AN UNCAPPED YEAR for those confused byt he whole thing... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RESULTS OF AN UNCAPPED YEAR for those confused byt he whole thing...

Do not forgot, if there is no CBA then there is no draft just a free agent free for all!

fin13 said:
BillC it is interesting how you talk about a player getting into college and having low skills.
These players are gifted individuals that have more than repaid their colleges for their lack of education, they play for free but rhe school charges to see them.
The NFL is a monopoly and it serves them right I would never pay to watch Jerry Jones play footbal and if you were a premier player in this league you would like the contract you signned to stand and not be cut when you are injured or at the end of your career.

Most are gifted athletically, not academically - which is supposed to be the criteria for getting into college.

I do not disagree that the colleges make a lot of money off of them and that the NFL has a free farm system as a result. My point is that these guys get a lot more value and benefit from football than just the contract. They get a free education, endorsements, promos, and if they are model citizens - lifelong community relations deals.

And yes - you would pay to watch Jerry Jones play football - because many people did when he used to play.

I agree with guaranteed contracts, I do not like that the NFL can negotiate and then terminate at will. If the contract was fully guaranteed, you would see a lot more care and diligence being taken at the front office level.

Back
Top Bottom