Retain, Tag, Or Let Walk - Marqueis Gray | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Retain, Tag, Or Let Walk - Marqueis Gray

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
626137798.jpg.0.jpg

Today, we continue with tight end MarQueis Gray.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/1...eis-gray-miami-dolphins-tight-end-free-agency

Drafting two TEs last year pretty much ensured he'll be gone.

This is the EXACT type of player we have been 7-9ing it up with, saying, "He isn't great...but whatevs might as well keep him." WALK. New direction for this franchise should mean if we see your ceiling and it isn't up to snuff, we look towards youth.

Edit: I do recognize that comment above is harsh, but it's less about the player himself than wanting to break away from the team's usual ways of signing middle-of-the-road talent.

Let go. Keep adding fresh blood to the mix.

I still like Gesicki’s potential but we missed an opportunity to add a stud last year.

Not being talked about much in these parts but Dallas Goedert would’ve made a HUGE difference in 2018, especially in the 2nd half of the season.

Zach Ertz doesn’t have long in Philly with the more talented Goedert behind him.

In fairness to Gesicki I started to notice him get open quite a few times late in the season and the offense just wouldn’t allow for what was designed to properly unfold. I think that’s what AG was eluding too when he said they sacrificed stats for wins. He didn’t always run his playbook but the playbook the available players had a chance of executing.

But make no mistake about it, Dallas Goedert should’ve been the selection.

I’ll post a video shortly on a play DG made in the Eagles playoff win against Chicago that is so impressive it might upset some of you. FYI it’s a block and not a reception, on the Eagles game winning drive. I have it in my phone but the file is too big. Maybe I can email it to one of you tech guys?

Last edited:
Retain if his physical checks out ok. I think he brings more than O'Leary.

In due time we'll know. Expect at least 15 to 20 new players in 2019 tho

Between him and AJ Derby...I'll take Gray.

I can see Flores kicking the tires on Derby because he's an ex Pat.

Between him and AJ Derby...I'll take Gray.

I can see Flores kicking the tires on Derby because he's an ex Pat.
Agree but I think we have the two rookies from last year and O’Leary. No room for Derby or Gray. I always thought Gray could’ve been a “player” but for whatever reason he never exploded.

Agree but I think we have the two rookies from last year and O’Leary. No room for Derby or Gray. I always thought Gray could’ve been a “player” but for whatever reason he never exploded.
Smythe...meh.

Leary...meh x 2.

Gesicki...nah x 2 (hope he proves me wrong...but we swung and missed here.)

Back
Top Bottom