Retain, Tag, or Let Walk? - William Hayes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Retain, Tag, or Let Walk? - William Hayes

Should the Dolphins retain William Hayes or let him walk?

• Retain

Votes: 73 94.8%
  • Let Walk

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
If he's healthy, it's a no-brainer: high caliber individual, quality player + team guy!

We should have kept him with the 2 year deal he signed for, now its a wildcard situation for next year plus we lost a draft pick that would have been on a 3 year minimum deal and been developing. Sure he played well this year but his contributions were wasted on this loosing season IMO.

Voiding the second year was always a mystery to me, and they never really explained why that was done, either.

Voiding the second year was always a mystery to me, and they never really explained why that was done, either.
Hayes asked for it and they did... Hayes bet on himself, got injured and lost...

If you're keeping Cameron Wake then you really need to re-sign this guy to play base (and kick inside). He's a proven commodity. It's that or spend a high draft pick on a questionable DE. (Chubb will be gone.) It's an easy roster spot fill when we have too many other needs up and down the roster. They never should have shortened his deal to begin with....

We are eventually going to need another DE and can draft one next year. Branch will be gone (hopefully). Harris will be ready to start on the weak side. Wake will probably retire and leave us with a need on the strong side. Hopefully we can find a 3-down guy.

Hayes asked for it and they did... Hayes bet on himself, got injured and lost...

Hayes said he never asked for a new deal. He (his agent) was approached by the front office. He also said if he knew how much he would like it here, he never would have restructured.

I cannot remember where I saw it but it came directly from Hayes.

Sounds to me like he wants to sign on again....

3. Tell us something about William Hayes that not many people know?

WH: I’m a family man. I have four beautiful kids. They are in Los Angeles now because everything happened so quickly with me getting traded to the Dolphins during the offseason, we decided it would be best to keep them there through this school year. When I sign on next year, they’ll move down here. I miss them every day. I just want them to be good citizens. I’m not worried about whether they’ll play sports or not. That will be up to them. My goal is to raise them to be good people.

“I’m happy,” Hayes said. “I want to spend the rest of my little career I’ve got left out here. And just give them everything I’ve got. I’m enjoying myself and having fun. It’s a good situation.”

His original contract was basically a one year deal with no 2018 guaranteed money. Not sure why the FO restructured. One thought is they will try to trade Wake, not re-sign Hayes and go after a 3 down player. I would not like it but it makes sense considering it's 1 player replacing 2 as well as getting younger at DE. Getting something out of Wake before he is done and still a commodity. It's a Belichick type move.

He's a bit older and coming back from season ending injury. He played well but don't go breaking the bank once again based on one season that he couldn't finish. I'd like him back but at the right price

Ozzy rules!!

Something to consider; Suh has lined up at DE in the past and was awesome.

Dolphins may have a Reggie White type player if they gave him a legitimate shot.

Not exclusively mind you, but he could take some of the snaps at DE that Hayes was getting.

We have a couple nicely developing DT's who can man the middle.

He's a bit older and coming back from season ending injury. He played well but don't go breaking the bank once again based on one season that he couldn't finish. I'd like him back but at the right price

Ozzy rules!!
Agree w this.

Back
Top Bottom