Retain, Tag, Or Walk? - Brock Osweiler | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Retain, Tag, Or Walk? - Brock Osweiler

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
I think this a no-brainer. Well, at least for me it is.

1070645514.jpg.0.jpg

Our esteemed managing editor Kevin Nogle and I have been putting together our annual “Retain, Tag, or Walk” series of articles, given you a closer look at Miami Dolphins players with expiring contracts and giving you a chance to vote on what you would do with that player. Today, we take a look at enigmatic quarterback Brock Osweiler.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/1...weiler-miami-dolphins-quarterback-free-agency

He would actually be the ideal guy to have start for us next year if we don't draft a QB at the top of this year's draft. However his reputation with the fans makes him a no go, even in a tank situation. Thanks for the Bears game Brock and good luck with whatever you do next year, pretty sure you won't be back in the league.

Your going to need a QB next season if you wave/trade Tanny. There are worst alternatives then O. If you draft a rookie QB you may want to sit him the first year. I’ll take a fyier on him at the right price.

I love how tag is still one of the options, even with a scrub like this. If the Dolphins told him they were planning on tagging him, Osweiler would fly across the room and jump over the table in order to sign that contract.

We missed Drew Brees in both the draft and free agency. With Brock Osweiler at least we corrected the second part. That will be his legacy.

:lmfao:
I love how tag is still one of the options, even with a scrub like this. If the Dolphins told him they were planning on tagging him, Osweiler would fly across the room and jump over the table in order to sign that contract.
I have to agree with that.

And this is what is crazy to me about the delusion of Ryan Tannehill fans.

Miami's offense under Brock Osweiler in 5 games + 1 drive (against the Pats) put up 107 points, roughly 21.4 ppg. The opposing team scored 7 points on direct turnovers from Osweiler so in effect Miami's offense scored 100 points in 5 games (+1 drive) for roughly 20 ppg when factoring in +/-.

Miami's offense under Ryan Tannehill in 11 - 1 drive (against Pats) put up 186 points, roughly 16.9 ppg. The opposing team also scored 21 points on direct turnovers from Tannehill so in effect Miami's offense scored 165 points in 11 games (- 1 drive) for roughly 15 ppg when factoring in +/-.

I say roughly b/c of the 1 drive against the Pats.

Under Tannehill Miami's offense
Scored 0 points against the Pats (first game)
Scored 7 points against the Jags and gave up 7 (0 point +/-)
Scored 10 points against the Bengals and gave up 14 (-4 points +/-)
Scored 10 points against the Vikings
Scored 10 points against Bills (2nd game)

That's 5 games out of 11 in which Miami's offense scored 10 or fewer points. 3 games in which the offense 0 or less when factoring in turnover-6s.

And most fans would probably choose Tannehill over Osweiler.

Both of these QBs should NOT be on the team next year, but if one is then it should be Osweiler as a backup.

And this is what is crazy to me about the delusion of Ryan Tannehill fans.

Miami's offense under Brock Osweiler in 5 games + 1 drive (against the Pats) put up 107 points, roughly 21.4 ppg. The opposing team scored 7 points on direct turnovers from Osweiler so in effect Miami's offense scored 100 points in 5 games (+1 drive) for roughly 20 ppg when factoring in +/-.

Miami's offense under Ryan Tannehill in 11 - 1 drive (against Pats) put up 186 points, roughly 16.9 ppg. The opposing team also scored 21 points on direct turnovers from Tannehill so in effect Miami's offense scored 165 points in 11 games (- 1 drive) for roughly 15 ppg when factoring in +/-.

I say roughly b/c of the 1 drive against the Pats.

Under Tannehill Miami's offense
Scored 0 points against the Pats (first game)
Scored 7 points against the Jags and gave up 7 (0 point +/-)
Scored 10 points against the Bengals and gave up 14 (-4 points +/-)
Scored 10 points against the Vikings
Scored 10 points against Bills (2nd game)

That's 5 games out of 11 in which Miami's offense scored 10 or fewer points. 3 games in which the offense 0 or less when factoring in turnover-6s.

And most fans would probably choose Tannehill over Osweiler.

Both of these QBs should NOT be on the team next year, but if one is then it should be Osweiler as a backup.

It's shocking isn't it that there were still so many flying the Tannehill flag throughout the season and still a few on here that think he's been badly treated. The guy has literally stolen a living out of this franchise with the longest tease known to man, 7 damn years and he's still on our roster and still the starter, who knows what Flores thinks of him.

He would actually be the ideal guy to have start for us next year if we don't draft a QB at the top of this year's draft. However his reputation with the fans makes him a no go, even in a tank situation. Thanks for the Bears game Brock and good luck with whatever you do next year, pretty sure you won't be back in the league.
I’m not watching 16 games of Brock Osweiler.

Back
Top Bottom