Retain, Tag, Or Walk? - Cameron Wake | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Retain, Tag, Or Walk? - Cameron Wake

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
This is a tough one. Probably my favorite current Phin. He is going to be 37, but it wouldn't surprise me if he plays until he is 50. He has certainly overcame every other obstacle put before him. Let me list just a few: not drafted, stigma of being a CFL star, told that he couldn't play the run when he came into the league - he is not an every down player, he is too old, etc. With that being said, his age really doesn't fit with what we are about to embark on. I think he deserves to explore the opportunity to find a club that is a legitimate contender. Either way, stay or go, I'm fine with it.

1038619718.jpg.0.jpg

In our annual “Retain, Tag, or Walk” series of articles, we here at The Phinsider are giving you a closer look at the Miami Dolphins players with expiring contracts and providing a chance to vote on what you would do with that player. Today, we take a look at the legendary Cameron Wake.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/1...wake-miami-dolphins-defensive-end-free-agency

Keep him for 1/2 the price for situational pass rusher.

Leave it up to Cam Wake.

Maybe he wants to play one more season for Miami and retire?

Wake is the type of player that if I lost my Wake jersey, I'd buy another one even after he retired. Just like I have with Marino.

If he wants to stay I would be glad to have him. Even in a year in which he regressed he was still far and away our best pass rusher. Lead the team in hurries with 38 while 2nd place had 23 and only had 1 less sack than Quinn despite playing 118 less snaps.

If we do let him go I hope we go after Trey Flowers.

It's tough not to love Cam Wake, the guy is a phenomenal athlete, great player, lives right, bleeds aqua and orange, and mocks father time. We all want him to finish his career in a Dolphins uniform. I'm fine for giving him one more year … but his production has fallen off, and he's just a situational pass rusher at this point. So, 2019 is likely to be the last season we hold the line with him. Starting in 2020, I think we'll part ways with Cam either through retirement or replacement. So, in the mean time … let's enjoy Cam Wake while we have him.

I wouldn't have been sad had he been traded at the past deadline...

We still had an puncher's chance, but I didn't really expect to make the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom