Retain, Tag, Or Walk? - Travis Swanson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Retain, Tag, Or Walk? - Travis Swanson

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
1070847368.jpg.0.jpg

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/1...ns-free-agency-2019-nfl-review-travis-swanson

I’d bring him back, can be some depth at the very least but i do hope we are looking to add some new pieces to the OL

I’d bring him back, can be some depth at the very least but i do hope we are looking to add some new pieces to the OL
I think the OL is so important that if it can be highly rated a medium QB could get us to 8-8.

I think the OL is so important that if it can be highly rated a medium QB could get us to 8-8.
If we would’ve had a better line our average quarterback would have been fine. So now we’re looking for a quarterback that can run for his life and make plays, because apparently standing in the pocket is not the norm now.

I don't know if he's better than healthy Brendel, but I'd bring them both back to battle it out to be back up Center, and Guard depth.

I'd retain him, but ultimately it's going to come down to the system that the new OL coach wants to run. If its a zone scheme they could well cut him loose and build with Brendel. Either way, I think Kilgore and Sitton are living on borrowed time.

If we would’ve had a better line our average quarterback would have been fine. So now we’re looking for a quarterback that can run for his life and make plays, because apparently standing in the pocket is not the norm now.
Specially when there's no pocket

I thought Swanson did a good job, better than Kilgore. He is also 3 years younger then Kilgore. Swanson is no pro bowler, but I would say he played above average. Not all the pieces need to be perfect. He is a legit starting C for us

Agree to bring him back Kilgore just seems to be injured a lot. Plus i think swanson was a decent C. If serviceable gives us chance to look into the G situation I'm a fan of Sitton (when healthy) so in honesty if we had Tunsil, Sitton, Swanson, Drafted G, James id be a lot happier. Ive banged on about our OLine but i don't think its far off being OK. Get a decent QB behind an OK line and we have better results than last few years straight away.

Better keep Swanson, Brendal, and a backup. Neither of the first two can stay healthy.

Back
Top Bottom