Return of the Fiedler | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Return of the Fiedler

Lukin

Colbert '08
Reaction score
Not that i'm a huge Jay supporter, but I would much rather keep him around next year and draft Losman for the future, than sign a washed up has-been like Warner or Brunell or Garcia. Haven't we realized that signing old pro-bowlers in hopes of a quick fix isn't the answer. We're going to become the Oakland Raiders..It's not like we don't have plenty other problems as well, like Coaching, Receivers, Offensive Line. We can't put it ALL on Fiedler. Unless we can pull of a miracle and draft Eli Manning or Roethlisberger, we should just stick with feidler for now. There just aren't any other options right now.

I see what you're saying, but I just don't want to spend Ricky's best years during re-building.

He is a once-in-a-lifetime back. We need to win now with him.

There are plenty of good Qbs out there besides brunell, garcia, warner, etc...

Besides, miami is better off having a QB thats washed up, instead of someone who just plain stinks.
Brunell isnt much older than fiedler, if any. Despite his age, I am sure he can do better than Jay anyways. Plus, if the dolphins did draft losman, its pretty safe to say that brunell would be a much better mentor than jay.

Originally posted by Lukin
Not that i'm a huge Jay supporter, but I would much rather keep him around next year and draft Losman for the future, than sign a washed up has-been like Warner or Brunell or Garcia. Haven't we realized that signing old pro-bowlers in hopes of a quick fix isn't the answer.

A "washed up has been" as you choose to call Brunell or Garcia is still better than a "never been" -----> Jay Fiedler.

I welcome change..... it's long overdue.

JAy will be hre next year IMO. He will be our backup...possibly even our starter. If we draft someone, I doubt we put him in there right away, we will need him to learn the system and learn the NFL. Jay could very well be our starter next year.

great googly moogly, there'd be some pissed off jay haters if he was around for next year. i hope it happens:D i say draft rivers or losman, have jay start a couple games, then make way for the rook, they better restructure that contract though

Re: Re: Return of the Fiedler

Originally posted by Trekbiz

A "washed up has been" as you choose to call Brunell or Garcia is still better than a "never been" -----> Jay Fiedler.

I agree 100%

I say change if we can get someone who is younger and more talented. It is hard to teach old dogs new tricks. It will take a year to get anyone in here and learn the system, and pointless to get someone in here who have their own shortcomings.
Jay is NOT the future here. He is too old himself, and I also don't think he is a great teacher. He is more of a lone wolf type, who has a lot of self confidence. He knows 99% of the offense this year was not his fault, and probably laughed under his breath every time they brought someone else in to sub for him. But his style, IMO would not make a good teacher. We need to trade up and get a top notch QB. There are no back ups around the league that would be a upgrade over Jay. This has been proven the last two years. We need new blood and understand the new guy will cost us games the first year or so, but it will be worth it in the long run. This will also give us time to rebuild our OL.

if jay fiedler is back starting for us next year i would not have high expectations of this ball team simply the truth as bad as i hate to say it.

Re: Re: Return of the Fiedler

Originally posted by Trekbiz

I wasn't refering to Brunell and Garcia as much as I was Warner. But why would anyone want Brunell or Garcia to come to Miami? Honestly? So they aren't good enought to play for Jax or SF but they are for the Dolphins? Think about what you're saying guys. I don't really look for Garcia to be available anyway. San Francisco would be retarted to get let him go in favor of the unproven Rattay. He only started what, three games?

The season was not lost because of Jay. Give Jay a running game and an O-line and he can perform well. Look back to last year. It all starts up front. When we had a good line, Ricky found holes to run through and Jay was able to complete passes. It all starts up front, so If we need to improve anything first, it is the O-line.

Originally posted by Prime Time
The season was not lost because of Jay. Give Jay a running game and an O-line and he can perform well. Look back to last year. It all starts up front. When we had a good line, Ricky found holes to run through and Jay was able to complete passes. It all starts up front, so If we need to improve anything first, it is the O-line.
2002 ricky had 1,853 yards 2003 ricky has 1299 and counting you are right jay needs a running game :lol: :lol: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Yeah but that is because Ricky has the most carries in the NFL. Give him a guy that can average more than 3.3 a carry and he can/will produce. Look back at last year. When the Offensive Line opened up holes and Ricky would average 4.5+ a game, Jay would do his job well enough to win the game. This year with a 3.3 YPC runner, he coud not do his job as well as he could. Blame it on the O-Line.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Yeah but that is because Ricky has the most carries in the NFL. Give him a guy that can average more than 3.3 a carry and he can/will produce. Look back at last year. When the Offensive Line opened up holes and Ricky would average 4.5+ a game, Jay would do his job well enough to win the game. This year with a 3.3 YPC runner, he coud not do his job as well as he could. Blame it on the O-Line.

So if say, Trung Cannidate has 3.3 ypc, he'll get 1299 yards? :rolleyes:

Jay would his job enough to win the game...he'll throw it to the other team!

:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom