Return of the Fiedler | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Return of the Fiedler

Originally posted by DolFan31

So if say, Trung Cannidate has 3.3 ypc, he'll get 1299 yards? :rolleyes:

Jay would his job enough to win the game...he'll throw it to the other team!

:shakeno:

If the Redskins gave him the ball as many times as we gave Ricky the ball, then yes.

The reason Brunell will no longer be with the Jags is not because he wasn't good enough to play for them. The reason is they have a youngster who is good, they are not good, and he is older and they know they won't be winning for a few years.

Miami is a team trying to win NOW, not looking toward the future. If you're always to the future, you're never looking at the present.

Garcia is good enough to play for the 49ers, look at his numbers. They are going in a direction other than a scheme that fits his talents and he makes a ton of money.

The cap is more of an indicator of what teams do than a players talent a lot of times.

Just because a player is drafted high does not mean they are a future star. I'd wager that when all is said and done, one of the QB's drafted later will end up with a better career than a few of the first round QB's this year. Their is too much evidence supporting this over the years to think otherwise.

This is why I'm a proponent of drafting a WR and OL early and looking for a QB in the third or fourth rounds. Assuming we trade O-Gun of course and get the other first rounder.

PrimeTime, i hate to say it but you're wrong about this one involving Ricky.

Alot of the problems are the O-line, but most of the offenses problems are the lack of a true offensive general to run it and make plays when things break down.

Ricky takes more of a pounding than any other back and makes a lot of plays that others couldn't. Canidate wouldn't make it one game if they gave him the ball 30 times in it. He'd be done by the time he got 25.

Originally posted by Lukin
Not that i'm a huge Jay supporter, but I would much rather keep him around next year and draft Losman for the future, than sign a washed up has-been like Warner or Brunell or Garcia. Haven't we realized that signing old pro-bowlers in hopes of a quick fix isn't the answer. We're going to become the Oakland Raiders..It's not like we don't have plenty other problems as well, like Coaching, Receivers, Offensive Line. We can't put it ALL on Fiedler. Unless we can pull of a miracle and draft Eli Manning or Roethlisberger, we should just stick with feidler for now. There just aren't any other options right now.

Garcia is anything but washed up. If anything, hes squeaky clean. How many times has Fiedler made it to the pro bowl? What is Fiedlers touchdown to interception ratio? Garcia does not only smash him in both but he is also clutch. Jay gets hurt every year, and he never tries to even toughen up to win a game. Jeff is the complete oppisite. He goes all out for your team and he burns Jay in speed too.

Martz is a Norv protoge, if we kept Norv theoretically Warner should be able to walk into camp knowing the playbook. Mc mahon in Detroit looked good when he first got there but then Harrington took over

Seriously guys!!!! Whether you like Jay or not if you swapped him and Marc Bulger I guarantee Fiedler would be doing as well, if not better, than Bulger is in St. Louis and Bulger would be doing worse in Miami.

Originally posted by DolfanF150
Seriously guys!!!! Whether you like Jay or not if you swapped him and Marc Bulger I guarantee Fiedler would be doing as well, if not better, than Bulger is in St. Louis and Bulger would be doing worse in Miami.

I cannot agree with you. Bulger came in proved himself,took a probowlers team away from him and will probably win the Superbowl Jay has done none of this in his career at Miami and he won't do it elsewhere. If what you say is true he will start for another team next year, I know Bulger would start for over half the teams now and I guarantee he would be our starter over Fiedler if he were a Dolphin but he isn't a dolphin and fiedler sucks IMO.:goof: :goof: :goof:

I think Sage will get the start. He has waited long enough; i would like to see what he can do. He gets enough praise from the coaching staff and he can't be worse than fiedler has been recently.

Okay PhinsmissedFG and BuchanonforPrez, maybe you don't understand what i'm getting at. I don't care about Garcia's numbers and how many times he's been to the pro bowl, the fact is he's done no more for his team than Jay has for Miami. Why? Because both teams have bigger problems. Miami needs a new coach and Offensive coordinator because N Turner is so predictable that any dolphin fan can guess what he's gonna call at any given time, let alone a defensive coordinator who gets paid 100,000's to figure him out. Then we need an offensive line that could at least block a High School team. Then we need another receiver that can catch besides Chambers, and Finally we need an accurate enough passer so that we can get the ball to Chambers and friends. The reason I don't want Garcia or Brunell or Warner is because it won't help. It will only prolong the agony.

I miss Dan. :(

Jay flat out sucked this year point blank!!!!! It's time for change yes our o-line needs to get better,but even with a better 0-line jay won't take us anywhere!!!!

Originally posted by Lukin
Not that i'm a huge Jay supporter, but I would much rather keep him around next year and draft Losman for the future, than sign a washed up has-been like Warner or Brunell or Garcia. Haven't we realized that signing old pro-bowlers in hopes of a quick fix isn't the answer. We're going to become the Oakland Raiders..It's not like we don't have plenty other problems as well, like Coaching, Receivers, Offensive Line. We can't put it ALL on Fiedler. Unless we can pull of a miracle and draft Eli Manning or Roethlisberger, we should just stick with feidler for now. There just aren't any other options right now.

IMO Fiedler NOR Griese stays next yr uNLESS one of them takes a big cut. NO way this team pays either almost 7 mil to tutor a youngster. If neither accept a cut, dump them, draft one with our 1st rndr and pick up another for backup along the way and let Sage do the duty next yr. it can't be much worse than we've had lately. What's the worse that can happen? Miss the playoffs entirely??...........Again??

i say bring in Marino as the QB coach and draft a Qb first round. Keep sage.. and trade Jay to the Canadian league for some maple syrup and pecans..

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
Jay flat out sucked this year point blank!!!!! It's time for change yes our o-line needs to get better,but even with a better 0-line jay won't take us anywhere!!!!
how right you are but some pepole around here just can not comprehend that.

Originally posted by outtawack311
I think Sage will get the start. He has waited long enough; i would like to see what he can do. He gets enough praise from the coaching staff and he can't be worse than fiedler has been recently.

Like a friend of mine pointed out...do you honestly see this guy taking this team to the SB??? The kid threw more INTs than TDs in college, which is not a good sign at all.

Back
Top Bottom