What season do the Dolphins return to the Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bumpus

Looks at bottle ... *sigh*
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
With the dominating talk of “tanking” or “rebuilding” ... There seems to be a uniform amount of pessimism here at FH that most of us aren’t accustomed to.

So, I was wondering where exactly the pulse of our site is right now.

Vote above as to which year you believe we will be relevant again as a franchise.

2019 - To build the base and/or select a possible QB. 2020 - To select a franchise type QB? 2021 - Continue building the core base and develop a winning culture? 2020 - Start winning and quite possibly Start Dominating?

QB is not in the cards this year and that works for me. Be in a position to take a excellent player next year instead of someone you sort of like.

Hopefully in year 2 (2021) the new QB as well as a rebuilt o-line and a growing defense has us int he playoffs.

GOing in to 2022 We are the team people are talking about...Brady has retired in shame after it is found out that he is actually not a human (which would explain a lot of the awkward interactions on the sidelines). Josh Allen has already washed out and Darnold is ruined by Gase.

Who the hell knows? When Ross dies will have another shot at it. We've had 6 shots at it in the last 15 years, in 2005, in 2007, in 2008, in 2012, in 2016, in 2018. Wasted every single time.
This time we hired glorifed secretaries, from Grier, to Oshea, to Flores. There just isn't anyone ever hired who gets it and gets stuff done. It's unbelievable, for an NFL team, a multibillion dollar industry, idiots running the place.

By 2021 whatever QB they decide on should be settled in and the team is on the ascent. If this isn't the case and we're still as shitty as we're going to be next year, the regime has to go. Rebuilds don't take 5 years.

Translating the benefits of the process Grier has undertaken into a consistent, high-performance football machine is going to take some time. That said, I fully expect to see "signs" of turning the corner Y2 (i.e., late 2020 season) and definitely a competitive product 2021 -- with a viable "chance" to get into the playoffs.

No doubt there are going to be some challenges in the process -- and 2flippers crossed we get some much needed good fortune (in terms of targeted dudes being available when we pick, hitting on a high % of premium picks, + some positive surprise dividends in the mid/latter rounds). With that in mind I'm pretty pumped about the acquisitions Grier made on the personnel side including Marvelous Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie.

Last, at this point in time it's impossible to overstate and/or undervalue the superb job Grier and Flores have done putting together the coaching staff! I know there's nothing guaranteed, and there's a LOT to prove, but I think we've assimilated a collection of WINNERS the likes we haven't seen in these parts for (perhaps) 40+ years!

Don’t worry. Be happy!

BNF

I was between 21 and 22 but I chose 21. I really like the fact that it seems to be a complete overhaul. New qb, both lines, etc. Set up in good shape for cap space and have draft picks for 2020. For the first time in a long time it feels like this team has direction. We will see.

With the dominating talk of “tanking” or “rebuilding” ... There seems to be a uniform amount of pessimism here at FH that most of us aren’t accustomed to.

Vote above as to which year you believe we will be relevant again as a franchise.

You are not accustomed to the amount of pessimism on this site? You must not have been reading the General Forum Posts for several years now.....LOL
I come on this forum just for punishment because as far as I'm concerned the sky is always falling around here.

Who the hell knows? When Ross dies will have another shot at it. We've had 6 shots at it in the last 15 years, in 2005, in 2007, in 2008, in 2012, in 2016, in 2018. Wasted every single time.
This time we hired glorifed secretaries, from Grier, to Oshea, to Flores. There just isn't anyone ever hired who gets it and gets stuff done. It's unbelievable, for an NFL team, a multibillion dollar industry, idiots running the place.

I'm confused. You've posted that you believe the people running the team are idiots and you're done. Yet, you keep posting your hot rage over and over again. It's easy to critique, especially when you don't have all of the information, any accountability, or any skin in the game.

For gods sake man, either go away and start to enjoy your life away from here or have the strength of your convictions and try and run a team.

Last edited:
It's hard not to be in a wait and see mode. The coaching staff seems like an upgrade, but we really don't know.

Grier has had a couple of nice drafts, but can he build a team virtually from scratch? Can Miami get a top 10 caliber quarterback?

Hopefully these questions will be answered positively.

I'd like to see a 'who knows' option. Is Flores the real deal? Who will Miami get as QB? will he be a PManning or a Jamarcus Russell. If all falls Miami's way, 2021

Back
Top Bottom