Rex Ryan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan

he wrote a book after the 2010 season w/ those comments, the were pretty even in 2011 but the Giants had the luxury of playing in a weak division and winning a div title w/ 9 wins then getting hot and winning the SB, NYG was better in '12, NYJ was better in '13.

he didn't predict SB wins, he talked about winning SBs. the only year he came out and "guaranteed" a SB win was at the 2011 combine.

you can have all the post shula coaches you have had which is why you haven't even been close to a conf title game.

rex is one of the best HCs in the league, he had some of the worst talent in the l4eague last year and finished in 2nd place while offseason champ Miami missed the playoffs and finished behind the Jets again. if last year didn't prove it I don't know what will prove it for you. he has done his best work the last 2 years despite not having his best records.

Ross has the next dynamic hot, old assistant ready to bring in when he fires mr. personality after this season:lol2:

He wrote the book with a bunch of foolish comments and hasn't made the playoffs or had a winning record since. You can make up all the excuses you want, but the Giants won the Super Bowl beating Rex and the Jets along the way.

What is the difference? In 2010 he signed Adam Schefter’s training camp bus, “Soon to be champs “. When asked about it, he said: Again I’m not apologizing I just know what’s going to happen. My crystal ball I’m seeing a Super Bowl trophy in there. Sounds like a prediction to me. :idk:

Us having bad coaches since Shula doesn't have anything to do with me wanting a better one than Rex. I said we could do worse than Rex (which we have many times), but I want someone better than Rex Ryan. Rex has had 2 winning seasons out of 5. One of which wouldn't have happened if not for the Colts resting starters. So, he was very close to having only 1 winning season out of 5. Rex also has a losing record against the bad coaches we have had.

He didn't have some the worst talent. Maybe at QB and WR, but the Jets have always had a strong rushing attack and defense. I will give Ryan full credit for the Jets defense, but his focus on D has also hurt the O. Winning 8 games and finishing ahead of the Dolphins on a tie breaker is supposed to prove that he is one of the best coaches in the league? :lol:

Rex doesn't act like a professional, and comes off like a buffoon. As a Dolphin fan, it is entertaining, but I don't want a head coach like Rex Ryan. No thanks!

Ross wanted Jim Harbaugh. He turned out alright. We had to settle for Philbin, and the jury is still out. Rex has about as good a chance of being fired after this year as Mr. personality. You wouldn't think that would be the case if he was one of the best coached in the league. :chuckle:

He wrote the book with a bunch of foolish comments and hasn't made the playoffs or had a winning record since. You can make up all the excuses you want, but the Giants won the Super Bowl beating Rex and the Jets along the way.

What is the difference? In 2010 he signed Adam Schefter’s training camp bus, “Soon to be champs “. When asked about it, he said: Again I’m not apologizing I just know what’s going to happen. My crystal ball I’m seeing a Super Bowl trophy in there. Sounds like a prediction to me. :idk:

Us having bad coaches since Shula doesn't have anything to do with me wanting a better one than Rex. I said we could do worse than Rex (which we have many times), but I want someone better than Rex Ryan. Rex has had 2 winning seasons out of 5. One of which wouldn't have happened if not for the Colts resting starters. So, he was very close to having only 1 winning season out of 5. Rex also has a losing record against the bad coaches we have had.

He didn't have some the worst talent. Maybe at QB and WR, but the Jets have always had a strong rushing attack and defense. I will give Ryan full credit for the Jets defense, but his focus on D has also hurt the O. Winning 8 games and finishing ahead of the Dolphins on a tie breaker is supposed to prove that he is one of the best coaches in the league? :lol:

Rex doesn't act like a professional, and comes off like a buffoon. As a Dolphin fan, it is entertaining, but I don't want a head coach like Rex Ryan. No thanks!

Ross wanted Jim Harbaugh. He turned out alright. We had to settle for Philbin, and the jury is still out. Rex has about as good a chance of being fired after this year as Mr. personality. You wouldn't think that would be the case if he was one of the best coached in the league. :chuckle:

he's only had one losing record since.

The man takes the heat for his team, I can't believe people don't realize that. Pats playoff week no one was talking about 45-3, everyone was talking about rex and his big talk. It got a player benched for a qtr by Belichick.

Rex is one of the best in the NFL, why wouldn't you want Rex?

He had one of the worst rosters entering the season of anyone. we purged players and allowed a bunch to leave via FA last year while not replacing any or making any big moves. the "experts" thought we'd win 3-4 games and finish in last, he had us in playoff contention most of the year and we won 8 and finished in 2nd.

He may act like a buffoon in the media but at least he isn't really a buffoon like your HC who allowed the dolphins to spiral out of control and was clearly in over his head.

You guys told me Rex would be fired last year, rex isn't going anywhere unless the team implodes. The owner loves Rex and for good reason. He finally has a playoff caliber roster again, this team is going to be a playoff team.

he's only had one losing record since.

The man takes the heat for his team, I can't believe people don't realize that. Pats playoff week no one was talking about 45-3, everyone was talking about rex and his big talk. It got a player benched for a qtr by Belichick.

Rex is one of the best in the NFL, why wouldn't you want Rex?

He had one of the worst rosters entering the season of anyone. we purged players and allowed a bunch to leave via FA last year while not replacing any or making any big moves. the "experts" thought we'd win 3-4 games and finish in last, he had us in playoff contention most of the year and we won 8 and finished in 2nd.

He may act like a buffoon in the media but at least he isn't really a buffoon like your HC who allowed the dolphins to spiral out of control and was clearly in over his head.

You guys told me Rex would be fired last year, rex isn't going anywhere unless the team implodes. The owner loves Rex and for good reason. He finally has a playoff caliber roster again, this team is going to be a playoff team.

That doesn't change the fact that he hasn't made the playoffs, or had a winning record since.

I disagree. His talking ensures that the opponent is going to give full effort, and it puts more pressure on his team. The team responded to it early on, but he turned into the boy who cried wolf with one foolish comment after another.

What makes Rex one of the best in the NFL? Only having 1 losing season doesn't change the fact that he has been the head coach for a team that hasn't made the playoffs, or had a winning record in 3 years. How many other coaches that are considered the best in the NFL have done that?

That is funny since you were praising that same coach when it looked certain they were going to make the playoffs, and claim that the bullying scandal had nothing to do with the team's poor performance down the stretch. I'm not defending Philbin. He has his faults. I could say he has only had 1 losing season so far like you do for Rex, but Philbin is on the hot seat and I won't deny that. Again, the quality of coaches we have / had doesn't change how good or bad Rex is as a head coach.

Everyone said that for good reason. Rex even thought he was getting fired with 2 games left in the season. You can thank the Dolphins poor performance for saving Rex's job. Another 8-8 season isn't going to cut it. If Rex doesn't make the playoffs, he is gone. Unless the NFL decides to expand the playoffs this year, I don't see it happening.

That doesn't change the fact that he hasn't made the playoffs, or had a winning record since.

I disagree. His talking ensures that the opponent is going to give full effort, and it puts more pressure on his team. The team responded to it early on, but he turned into the boy who cried wolf with one foolish comment after another.

What makes Rex one of the best in the NFL? Only having 1 losing season doesn't change the fact that he has been the head coach for a team that hasn't made the playoffs, or had a winning record in 3 years. How many other coaches that are considered the best in the NFL have done that?

That is funny since you were praising that same coach when it looked certain they were going to make the playoffs, and claim that the bullying scandal had nothing to do with the team's poor performance down the stretch. I'm not defending Philbin. He has his faults. I could say he has only had 1 losing season so far like you do for Rex, but Philbin is on the hot seat and I won't deny that. Again, the quality of coaches we have / had doesn't change how good or bad Rex is as a head coach.

Everyone said that for good reason. Rex even thought he was getting fired with 2 games left in the season. You can thank the Dolphins poor performance for saving Rex's job. Another 8-8 season isn't going to cut it. If Rex doesn't make the playoffs, he is gone. Unless the NFL decides to expand the playoffs this year, I don't see it happening.

he had a lot less talent to work with, he's done his best 2 jobs the last 2 years even though they haven't made it either year and again he only has 1 losing season.

did NE give full effort in the 2010 playoffs? how about Indy the week before? the only game he didn't talk bug before was the Pitt game and they lost. The game is about execution.

what makes him one of the best? one of the leaders in playoffs ins since 2009, teams always competitive, team always gives effort, teams love to play for him, won 14 games last 2 seasons w/ teams that should have won about 6-7, one of the best D coaches in the game.

I thought Philbin did a good job until those last 2 weeks but when you lose to 2 mediocre/bad teams and score 7 pts total in the process all the good will goes out the window.

The bullying thing was an excuse. That was in the rearview mirror when they won 3 straight and 4 of 5 including beating the Pats and being in great shape the last 2 weeks of the year. The bully thing came back into the discussion after they choked.

Philbin has 1 losing season in 2 seasons, Rex 1 in 5. philbin has zero winning seasons too.

The Jets have a great shot to make the playoffs and a great coach to get them there. I am fully confident in him, too bad you can't say the same about your coach.

he had a lot less talent to work with, he's done his best 2 jobs the last 2 years even though they haven't made it either year and again he only has 1 losing season.

did NE give full effort in the 2010 playoffs? how about Indy the week before? the only game he didn't talk bug before was the Pitt game and they lost. The game is about execution.

what makes him one of the best? one of the leaders in playoffs ins since 2009, teams always competitive, team always gives effort, teams love to play for him, won 14 games last 2 seasons w/ teams that should have won about 6-7, one of the best D coaches in the game.

I thought Philbin did a good job until those last 2 weeks but when you lose to 2 mediocre/bad teams and score 7 pts total in the process all the good will goes out the window.

The bullying thing was an excuse. That was in the rearview mirror when they won 3 straight and 4 of 5 including beating the Pats and being in great shape the last 2 weeks of the year. The bully thing came back into the discussion after they choked.

Philbin has 1 losing season in 2 seasons, Rex 1 in 5. philbin has zero winning seasons too.

The Jets have a great shot to make the playoffs and a great coach to get them there. I am fully confident in him, too bad you can't say the same about your coach.

I don't believe Rex had no say over the roster. He has had 3 years to help shape it. His focus has always been on D. The D and running game have always been good which has enabled the Jets to stay competitive. What good is only 1 losing season when it comes along with no winning seasons and no playoffs?

I'm sure they did. Just because they won those games doesn't mean they didn't have more pressure on them, or face greater effort from the other team than they would have. If running your mouth was such a great strategy, all the other head coaches would be doing the same. It seemed to work for Rex early on, but it quickly turned into a joke.

As long as the experts thinks the Jets will win 4 or 5 games in a given season, you will think Rex is great as long as the team wins 6 or 8 games? As long as the players love to play for him, stay competitive, and give their best effort, you're good with no playoffs and no winning seasons in 3 years?

Those things are great, but not when they only produce 2 winning seasons out of 5. One of which was practically given to him.

You said he allowed the team to spiral out of control. Then claim that the bullying thing was just an excuse. You can't have it both ways.

I think if you took a poll from other Jets fans, I'm confident that you would be in the minority. Your confidence in him doesn't mean much. I'm confident that Philbin can bring this team to the playoffs. What does that prove? Both have as much of a shot at getting fired as they do of making the playoffs. The difference is that only one of us is claiming that their head coach is one of the best in the league.

I don't believe Rex had no say over the roster. He has had 3 years to help shape it. His focus has always been on D. The D and running game have always been good which has enabled the Jets to stay competitive. What good is only 1 losing season when it comes along with no winning seasons and no playoffs?

I'm sure they did. Just because they won those games doesn't mean they didn't have more pressure on them, or face greater effort from the other team than they would have. If running your mouth was such a great strategy, all the other head coaches would be doing the same. It seemed to work for Rex early on, but it quickly turned into a joke.

As long as the experts thinks the Jets will win 4 or 5 games in a given season, you will think Rex is great as long as the team wins 6 or 8 games? As long as the players love to play for him, stay competitive, and give their best effort, you're good with no playoffs and no winning seasons in 3 years?

Those things are great, but not when they only produce 2 winning seasons out of 5. One of which was practically given to him.

You said he allowed the team to spiral out of control. Then claim that the bullying thing was just an excuse. You can't have it both ways.

I think if you took a poll from other Jets fans, I'm confident that you would be in the minority. Your confidence in him doesn't mean much. I'm confident that Philbin can bring this team to the playoffs. What does that prove? Both have as much of a shot at getting fired as they do of making the playoffs. The difference is that only one of us is claiming that their head coach is one of the best in the league.

He's not a GM, whether he had influence or not is meaningless. They had a good roster the first 2 years and had to re-toll it, they had one bad season and now look like they could be a force in the coming years.

talking doesn't win or lose a game, it's nice for the media and fans to talk about but it doesn't do anything.

everyone thought the Jets would be awful last year and despite losing his starting QB and having a million other injuries on O he led them to 8 wins.

Only 1 losing season.

playoff wins since 2009:

John Harbaugh 7
Mike McCarthy 5
Sean Payton 5
Jim Harbaugh 5
Pete Carrol 5
Rex Ryan 4
Bill Belichick 4
Tom Coughlin 4
Mike Tomlin 2
John Fox 2
Mike Smith 1

Not bad company

The bullying thing was overcome, they lost b/c they weren't good enough and weren't well coached enough.

I don't care what jet fans think though the majority wanted him back.

we know Rex can, you think Philbin can. I think if we switch the coaches last year we win 4-5 games and Miami is easily in the playoffs.

the Jets have been better than the Giants 3 of the 5 years Rex has been here.

talked big in 2009 and 2010, his team was one of the best in the league so the talk was backed up. the only year he talked and they didn't back it up was 2011.

he is a master motivator, when he told the team he thought he was getting fired it was to get his team to play for him, they finished 3-1 and knocked Miami out of the playoffs. you guys would kill to have a coach as good as him and you would have been a playoff team last year with him.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

:lol:
You are truly a laughing stock. So here you run around and hold your two AFCC games in the air because that's what counts. I got news for you. It doesn't matter if you went 4 out of 5 years to the Superbowl and lost - the Giants won one that makes them better than the Jets.

Plus, since 2009 the Giants have one more regular season win than the Jets.
Plus, The Giants have 4 playoff wins just as many as the Jets in the same span (2009-2013)
Plus, The Giants have no playoff loss while the Jets have two in that span.

Yes, the Giants were better between 2009 and 2013.

Good bye.

You are an (almost) 28,000 post troll.

You are truly a laughing stock. So here you run around and hold your two AFCC games in the air because that's what counts. I got news for you. It doesn't matter if you went 4 out of 5 years to the Superbowl and lost - the Giants won one that makes them better than the Jets.

Plus, since 2009 the Giants have one more regular season win than the Jets.
Plus, The Giants have 4 playoff wins just as many as the Jets in the same span (2009-2013)
Plus, The Giants have no playoff loss while the Jets have two in that span.

Yes, the Giants were better between 2009 and 2013.

Good bye.

You are an (almost) 28,000 post troll.

It's great to have fans and inspire people who never post to actually post. I wish they knew more about this sport but one thing at a time.

It's great to have fans and inspire people who never post to actually post. I wish they knew more about this sport but one thing at a time.

Just the fact that you think you actually have fans is an indication how delusional you are. Believe me. You really don't have fans here.
I do post. I just don't spend my entire workday on messageboards as you do. There is a reason that you can't really go on a messageboard at night (and no that you want to spend time with your family is not the reason).

And you are telling me that I have no knowledge? You didn't even contradict my post but rather focused on something trivial (you).

So, no. The Jets were not better (since 2009) than the Giants.

Just the fact that you think you actually have fans is an indication how delusional you are. Believe me. You really don't have fans here.
I do post. I just don't spend my entire workday on messageboards as you do. There is a reason that you can't really go on a messageboard at night (and no that you want to spend time with your family is not the reason).

And you are telling me that I have no knowledge? You didn't even contradict my post but rather focused on something trivial (you).

So, no. The Jets were not better (since 2009) than the Giants.

The Jets have been better 3 of 5 years, that's better. The Giants had the best single postseason but if they played in the AFC East they wouldn't even have made the postseason.

Thank you for being a fan.

He's not a GM, whether he had influence or not is meaningless. They had a good roster the first 2 years and had to re-toll it, they had one bad season and now look like they could be a force in the coming years.

talking doesn't win or lose a game, it's nice for the media and fans to talk about but it doesn't do anything.

everyone thought the Jets would be awful last year and despite losing his starting QB and having a million other injuries on O he led them to 8 wins.

Only 1 losing season.

playoff wins since 2009:

John Harbaugh 7
Mike McCarthy 5
Sean Payton 5
Jim Harbaugh 5
Pete Carrol 5
Rex Ryan 4
Bill Belichick 4
Tom Coughlin 4
Mike Tomlin 2
John Fox 2
Mike Smith 1

Not bad company

The bullying thing was overcome, they lost b/c they weren't good enough and weren't well coached enough.

I don't care what jet fans think though the majority wanted him back.

we know Rex can, you think Philbin can. I think if we switch the coaches last year we win 4-5 games and Miami is easily in the playoffs.

They have gone D in the first round every year for the last 4 years. Rex has had a lot to do with that. He's not a GM, but he is partly to blame for not focusing more on the offense. It is a big reason why they have missed the playoffs for 3 straight years. How many coaches that are considered one of the best go 3 years without a winning record and making the playoffs?

It doesn't do anything but put a target on the team. There is a reason why most coaches don't give or want their players to give the other teams bulletin board material.

I don't care what the experts predicted. Half of them have no idea what they are talking about. The Jets had the talent to be in the 6 to 8 win range. Going 8-8 with that team doesn't make him a great coach.

It's great that they were able to win some playoff games when they got in, but all those wins came in only 2 appearances and resulted in nothing. I might give a coach (who doesn't make the playoffs often) a pass if he won the Super Bowl in one of those appearances, but not when you come out of it with nothing to show for it. When you only make the playoffs 2 out of 5 years (with one of those years basically a gimme playoff birth), I can't consider you one of the best coaches in the NFL. Let's take a look at where Rex ranks in playoff apps compared to other coaches.

Playoff apps since 2009:

Bill Belichick 5
Mike McCarthy 5
John Harbaugh 4
Marvin Lewis 4
Mike Smith 3
John Fox 3
Sean Payton 3
Jim Harbaugh 3 (Only been in the league since 2011 and has more playoff apps)
Pete Carrol 3 (Only been in the league since 2010 and has more playoff apps)
Andy Reid 3
Mike Tomlin 2
Gary Kubiak 2
Jim Caldwell 2
Rex Ryan 2
Tom Coughlin 1

Only Coughlin has fewer playoff apps, but he won a Super Bowl with that appearance.

All you know is what Rex has done with a completely different roster. You don't know what he can do with this roster. Philbin has exhibited some weakness in his two seasons as HC, but I'm confident he can lead this team to a playoff birth. He will have another shot at Rex in week 17. We'll see what happens.

The Jets have been better 3 of 5 years, that's better. The Giants had the best single postseason but if they played in the AFC East they wouldn't even have made the postseason.

Only if you are judging by winning more games in individual seasons and not considering anything else. Do you really care that the Jets were 1 game better in 2013 when they won 8 games and missed the playoffs? That gives them a year as being better, but who cares when both teams didn't even have a winning record? You always talk about playoff wins and the Giants have the same amount in that time period, but have no losses and a Super Bowl win.

You do know the Giants went 5-0 against AFC East teams in 2011 right? :lol:

Ask anyone else which team in New York has been better over the last 5 years, and the clear answer will be the New York Giants.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you for being a fan.

Sure that's better. Of course. In the jun(k)c world everything is better because all we have to do is change the parameters. Let me change the parameters as well. Coughlin and the Giants were more successful in the last 5 years than Ryan and the Jets.

You don't have to thank me for being a Dolphins fan.

Sure that's better. Of course. In the jun(k)c world everything is better because all we have to do is change the parameters. Let me change the parameters as well. Coughlin and the Giants were more successful in the last 5 years than Ryan and the Jets.

You don't have to thank me for being a Dolphins fan.

Winning more games than another team in a given season is not the only parameter to look at to determine which team has been better. Let's take a look at what else should be considered.

Playoff apps:
Jets 2
Giants 1

Advantage Jets.

Regular season wins:
Giants 43
Jets 42

Advantage Giants.

Head to head:
Giants 1-0
Jets 0-1

Advantage Giants.

Winning seasons:
Giants 3
Jets 2

Advantage Giants.

Division titles:
Giants 1
Jets 0

Advantage Giants.

Playoff wins:
Giants 4
Jets 4

Draw.

AFC / NFC titles:

Giants 1
Jets 0

Advantage Giants.

Super Bowl titles:
Giants 1
Jets 0

Advantage Giants.

:ponder:

They have gone D in the first round every year for the last 4 years. Rex has had a lot to do with that. He's not a GM, but he is partly to blame for not focusing more on the offense. It is a big reason why they have missed the playoffs for 3 straight years. How many coaches that are considered one of the best go 3 years without a winning record and making the playoffs?

It doesn't do anything but put a target on the team. There is a reason why most coaches don't give or want their players to give the other teams bulletin board material.

I don't care what the experts predicted. Half of them have no idea what they are talking about. The Jets had the talent to be in the 6 to 8 win range. Going 8-8 with that team doesn't make him a great coach.

It's great that they were able to win some playoff games when they got in, but all those wins came in only 2 appearances and resulted in nothing. I might give a coach (who doesn't make the playoffs often) a pass if he won the Super Bowl in one of those appearances, but not when you come out of it with nothing to show for it. When you only make the playoffs 2 out of 5 years (with one of those years basically a gimme playoff birth), I can't consider you one of the best coaches in the NFL. Let's take a look at where Rex ranks in playoff apps compared to other coaches.

Playoff apps since 2009:

Bill Belichick 5
Mike McCarthy 5
John Harbaugh 4
Marvin Lewis 4
Mike Smith 3
John Fox 3
Sean Payton 3
Jim Harbaugh 3 (Only been in the league since 2011 and has more playoff apps)
Pete Carrol 3 (Only been in the league since 2010 and has more playoff apps)
Andy Reid 3
Mike Tomlin 2
Gary Kubiak 2
Jim Caldwell 2
Rex Ryan 2
Tom Coughlin 1

Only Coughlin has fewer playoff apps, but he won a Super Bowl with that appearance.

All you know is what Rex has done with a completely different roster. You don't know what he can do with this roster. Philbin has exhibited some weakness in his two seasons as HC, but I'm confident he can lead this team to a playoff birth. He will have another shot at Rex in week 17. We'll see what happens.

Only if you are judging by winning more games in individual seasons and not considering anything else. Do you really care that the Jets were 1 game better in 2013 when they won 8 games and missed the playoffs? That gives them a year as being better, but who cares when both teams didn't even have a winning record? You always talk about playoff wins and the Giants have the same amount in that time period, but have no losses and a Super Bowl win.

You do know the Giants went 5-0 against AFC East teams in 2011 right? :lol:

Ask anyone else which team in New York has been better over the last 5 years, and the clear answer will be the New York Giants.

It is actually 5 straight years and in one of them we had 2 1st rounders and went D. I think it is more coincidence than anything else. the players they felt were the best that were available they took.

How did they make 2 title games if that target was so huge? Cincy, SD, Indy and NE weren't motivated enough to beat them?

I am usually pretty close w/ my expectations, I expected 6-7 wins last year. we got 8, that's still exceeding expectations and those expectations were w/ Mark at QB and a healthy offense which we had neither. if we had mark and a healthy O we cruise into the playoffs. the healthy talent and a QB that wasn't ready we probably should have won 4-5 games.

so what? Tomlin's PO wins came in 2 seasons, Coughlins in 1, BB's in 3, Fox in 1, etc...

Carroll won a division at 7-9 and has had much more talent than Rex ever had. Give Rex those rosters and those teams are winning big. The jets had roster issues the last few years and he still kept them competitive.

w/ the worst roster in the division last year he led them to a 2nd place finish.

5-0 is awesome(4 in reg season) but they ended up 9-7, 9 wins doesn't cut it in this division. even giving them 2 more wins(max they could win in a div) they win 11 which is 2 les than what it would have taken to win division that year.

those are people that haven't paid attention, one fluky SB run doesn't outweigh 3 of 5 better years. I'd rather have the one fluky title but they haven't made a postseason since and since 2001 they have won playoff games in only 2 seasons.

Winning more games than another team in a given season is not the only parameter to look at to determine which team has been better. Let's take a look at what else should be considered.

Playoff apps:
Jets 2
Giants 1

Advantage Jets.

Regular season wins:
Giants 43
Jets 42

Advantage Giants.

Head to head:
Giants 1-0
Jets 0-1

Advantage Giants.

Winning seasons:
Giants 3
Jets 2

Advantage Giants.

Division titles:
Giants 1
Jets 0

Advantage Giants.

Playoff wins:
Giants 4
Jets 4

Draw.

AFC / NFC titles:

Giants 1
Jets 0

Advantage Giants.

Super Bowl titles:
Giants 1
Jets 0

Advantage Giants.

:ponder:

more reg season wins in weaker division.

div title at 9-7 in that weak division, Jets won 11 and finished 3 games back in 2010.

you forget:

better record:

Jets 3
Giants 2

playoff wins in different seasons:

Jets 2
Giants 1

WC wins:
Jets 2
Giants 1

div rd wins:
Jets 2
Giants 1

title game apps:
Jets 2
Giants 1

Jets

It is actually 5 straight years and in one of them we had 2 1st rounders and went D. I think it is more coincidence than anything else. the players they felt were the best that were available they took.

How did they make 2 title games if that target was so huge? Cincy, SD, Indy and NE weren't motivated enough to beat them?

I am usually pretty close w/ my expectations, I expected 6-7 wins last year. we got 8, that's still exceeding expectations and those expectations were w/ Mark at QB and a healthy offense which we had neither. if we had mark and a healthy O we cruise into the playoffs. the healthy talent and a QB that wasn't ready we probably should have won 4-5 games.

so what? Tomlin's PO wins came in 2 seasons, Coughlins in 1, BB's in 3, Fox in 1, etc...

Carroll won a division at 7-9 and has had much more talent than Rex ever had. Give Rex those rosters and those teams are winning big. The jets had roster issues the last few years and he still kept them competitive.

w/ the worst roster in the division last year he led them to a 2nd place finish.

5-0 is awesome(4 in reg season) but they ended up 9-7, 9 wins doesn't cut it in this division. even giving them 2 more wins(max they could win in a div) they win 11 which is 2 les than what it would have taken to win division that year.

those are people that haven't paid attention, one fluky SB run doesn't outweigh 3 of 5 better years. I'd rather have the one fluky title but they haven't made a postseason since and since 2001 they have won playoff games in only 2 seasons.

more reg season wins in weaker division.

div title at 9-7 in that weak division, Jets won 11 and finished 3 games back in 2010.

you forget:

better record:

Jets 3
Giants 2

playoff wins in different seasons:

Jets 2
Giants 1

WC wins:
Jets 2
Giants 1

div rd wins:
Jets 2
Giants 1

title game apps:
Jets 2
Giants 1

Jets

:lol:

you forgot about challenges.

So basically for you to make a case for the Jets you have to break it down to the most miniscule comparisons. How about points scored against common opponents.

But your last post is picture-book proof that you are nothing but a troll. Just can't give up and god-forbid you are actually wrong.

Actually your posts are almost baiting.

Back
Top Bottom