Rich Eisen: Are people sleeping on Miami to win AFCE? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rich Eisen: Are people sleeping on Miami to win AFCE?

When you have an elite QB behind center it makes all the difference in the world. Now him staying upright is another thing, but if he does they are Super Bowl caliber. There is no denying that. If we had Rodgers here, would be the same narrative for us.
I'll deny they are SB caliber in any case......

When you have an elite QB behind center it makes all the difference in the world. Now him staying upright is another thing, but if he does they are Super Bowl caliber. There is no denying that. If we had Rodgers here, would be the same narrative for us.
Rodgers is a great QB, but he is not the same caliber QB he was I his 20s.

When Miami last played the Rodgers lead Packers, Tua at worst was holding his own, and at best (My personal opinion), was out playing Rodgers until the 4th quarter, when the concussion forced Tua out.

Miami is deeper at Receiver, RB, with 2 capable QBs, and iffy O-lines.

The Jets have the better Defense on paper, just as the Dolphins have the better offense on paper, yet Jets are the legit SB contender, and Miami need to prove themselves? Why?

The good part of a message board is everyone is entitled to voice their opinion, even if they are wrong lol jk

Just saying a healthy Rodgers makes any team a SB contender.
He makes Jets better, not SB caliber, if he still was that good, why did he not do it in GB the last few years.

The good part of a message board is everyone is entitled to voice their opinion, even if they are wrong lol jk

Yep anyone can post their opinions.

As to Rodgers, he's "choked" a whole lot more that he succeeded in playoff runs.

Guy has 1 ring, same as Trent Dilfer.

Let's not exaggerate his postseason accomplishments.

Not sure anyone is “sleeping” on us… It’s just that we’ve only won the division once (2008) since realignment in 2002.

We absolutely can win the division this year, but Bills should be the favorites.

The Jets are not elite... by any stretch. That being said they have really good receivers. They have really good running backs. They have a really good defense (Top 3 potential) And an experienced QB that even at his age should be good enough to win with.

I HATE the jets with a passion that few can understand. Last year the Jets were a joke... This year they deserve to be respected.

The QB is the straw that stirs the drink.... They finally have someone that can make use of their skill players on offense.

Question to everyone: (Since it is the offseason.)

Over/Under for the Jets at 10 wins?

Question 2: Over/under for the Bills at 10 wins?

Question 3: How many games do the Dolphins need to win... To win this division?

I will go first.

Jets are a 10 win team
Bills are a 10 win team

Dolphins must win 12 to win the division.... (Because either the Jets or the Bills might exceed the 10 wins..)

So to feel like we will win this division I will say 12 wins.

Assuming we sweep the Pats, Split with the Jets and Bills. That is 4-2... So we would need to go 8 and 3 outside of our division.

That is going to be pretty tough.

".... makes any team a contender.":
To beat Rodgers and the team he is dragging down/ - LOL

i think they are because of the last thing they saw from us last year, which was a 3 game losing streak against the Ravens, Bills and Chiefs.

I see 3 positions that are downgrades from last year, Wilkins, Williams and Hunt.

I also think we made some upgrades at WR3 with OBJ, TE with Smith, RB depth with Wright, OLB depth with Robinson and Barrett, LB with Brooks and Walker, S with Poyer and Maye, possibly even DB with Fuller and if Smith can play since he didnt play last year.

i think they are because of the last thing they saw from us last year, which was a 3 game losing streak against the Ravens, Bills and Chiefs.
The Bills lost in Week #1 to the Jets (when Rodgers got hurt after 4 plays), and also lost a game to the lowly Patriots. While they did beat a few good teams, they also lost games to some bad teams, and were not looking or playing like the Bills of the previous seasons... yet they still won the Division.

Toward the end of the season, Miami was 3 games up on Buffalo with 5 games to go, and winning the Division and being the #1 or #2 Seed was well within their grasp. However, Miami lost several games, and the Bills won their last 5 games. Basically, when it was time to show that you're a contender, Buffalo won out and Miami choked... again. This is why the Media is always going to overlook Miami and will continue to do so until the Fins start beating good teams, winning consistently in December, and winning playoff games.

Back
Top Bottom