Rich Eisen: Are people sleeping on Miami to win AFCE? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rich Eisen: Are people sleeping on Miami to win AFCE?

The Jets are not elite... by any stretch. That being said they have really good receivers. They have really good running backs. They have a really good defense (Top 3 potential) And an experienced QB that even at his age should be good enough to win with.

I HATE the jets with a passion that few can understand. Last year the Jets were a joke... This year they deserve to be respected.

The QB is the straw that stirs the drink.... They finally have someone that can make use of their skill players on offense.

Question to everyone: (Since it is the offseason.)

Over/Under for the Jets at 10 wins?

Question 2: Over/under for the Bills at 10 wins?

Question 3: How many games do the Dolphins need to win... To win this division?

I will go first.

Jets are a 10 win team
Bills are a 10 win team

Dolphins must win 12 to win the division.... (Because either the Jets or the Bills might exceed the 10 wins..)

So to feel like we will win this division I will say 12 wins.

Assuming we sweep the Pats, Split with the Jets and Bills. That is 4-2... So we would need to go 8 and 3 outside of our division.

That is going to be pretty tough.
We are gonna win 12

The division is wide open.
Injuries and close 4th quarter game wins will decide the division and seeding.
If the Fins come together best case scenario, we can make the playoffs. But will be seeded high enough to avoid the winter games. A dumb play call or turn over could decide it.

The Jets are not elite... by any stretch. That being said they have really good receivers. They have really good running backs. They have a really good defense (Top 3 potential) And an experienced QB that even at his age should be good enough to win with.

I HATE the jets with a passion that few can understand. Last year the Jets were a joke... This year they deserve to be respected.

The QB is the straw that stirs the drink.... They finally have someone that can make use of their skill players on offense.

Question to everyone: (Since it is the offseason.)

Over/Under for the Jets at 10 wins?

Question 2: Over/under for the Bills at 10 wins?

Question 3: How many games do the Dolphins need to win... To win this division?

I will go first.

Jets are a 10 win team
Bills are a 10 win team

Dolphins must win 12 to win the division.... (Because either the Jets or the Bills might exceed the 10 wins..)

So to feel like we will win this division I will say 12 wins.

Assuming we sweep the Pats, Split with the Jets and Bills. That is 4-2... So we would need to go 8 and 3 outside of our division.

That is going to be pretty tough.
I think this is our most realistic path to win the division.

Split with the Bills and Jets and sweep the Patriots for a 4-2 division record.

Go 3-1 against the AFC South.

Split with the Raiders and Browns.

Go 3-2 against the NFC. Preferably 3-1 against the NFC West since the Packers game doesn't count against tiebreakers.

Thats 11-6 again, hopefully this time its good enough to win the division.

If we can somehow sweep either the Bills or Jets and go 5-1 in the division that would give us more margin for error outside the division and might allow us to drop another game outside the division so 11-6 with a 5-1 division record would almost assuredly be good enough to win the division.

Sadly no, we had a slightly better roster last year, in most folks eyes and couldn't close out the division down the stretch of the season with Buffalo on the ropes.

Were pretenders until proven otherwise.
If they don't have Lester Cotton, Kendall Lamm, Rob Jones and Liam Eichenberg playing 2400 snaps between them this season they will instantly be better. Same with Eli Apple no longer being on the roster, that's an addition by subtraction.

If the team stays relatively healthy (not losing 4 starting OL, 2 starting pass rushers etc) then I think they win the division. Blows my mind that both Buffalo and the Jets are betting favourites over them.

The good part of a message board is everyone is entitled to voice their opinion, even if they are wrong lol jk

Just saying a healthy Rodgers makes any team a SB contender.
He's been to 1 Super Bowl in 16 years and since a lot of Dolphins fans are "what have you won lately" they would say he sucks.

The good part of a message board is everyone is entitled to voice their opinion, even if they are wrong lol jk

Just saying a healthy Rodgers makes any team a SB contender.
Rogers has consistently choked in the playoffs ever since the Packers won the SB over a decade ago. He has been
very effective during the regular season while with the Packers but he has been a below average QB once the playoffs start.

A healthy Rogers would obviously be better than any QB the Jets have had in recent history but I just don’t see him being the same QB he was when he was younger. I see him as a middle of the pack QB at this stage of his career and I’ll be extremely surprised if he doesn’t just retire once the 2024 season ends.

I could not care less what public opinion is right now. The season hasn't even begun and opinions are not facts neither.

Back
Top Bottom