Rich Rodriguez could be in some hot water | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rich Rodriguez could be in some hot water

finswin56

Limitless paper in a paperless world
Reaction score
Michigan football coach Rich Rodriguez remains public enemy No. 1 in West Virginia.

If today's reports from West Virginia newspapers are true, with the first one emerging from the Charleston (W. Va.) Gazette, the hatred is about to reach a new level.

Advertisement
The initial Gazette report, which cited an unnamed source, said that Rodriguez “destroyed all or most of the paperwork filed relating to every player on the Mountaineer roster and virtually all of the activities conducted by the programs over the past seven years.â€
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080115/SPORTS06/80115046/0/SPORTS12

Rich Rod also came out and said West Virginia needs to quit lying. Hard to really know the truth about the whole situation

Posted this at Celtkin.

I heard he used WVU Cellphones to recruit Michigan players while he was still the coach at WVU.

Rich Rod also came out and said West Virginia needs to quit lying. Hard to really know the truth about the whole situation

Posted this reply on Celtkin...

I am not much of a WVU fan and do not keep track of the inner workings...but, it was reported and confirmed by school administration that RR had some pretty basic requests after the season. Basically everything other schools do such as players keeping textbooks (to sell) after they were done with class (currently have to turn in), etc...basic stuff. WVU officials told him to stick it and RR interviewed with Meat chicken......

I am not overly intelligent but I have been exposed to some pretty big business and this strikes me as typical and spin control ... attack and deflect the blame, it has worked for me almost every time. I do not know this for fact but sure seems like a tactic that WVU has followed before...........in any case if they were personal files so what. Also the school should keep administrative files on athletes, that is not a coach's responsibility. 40 times, wt room progress etc, is really not a school administrative function, and RR can do with them as he pleases IMHO....grades and community service are their (administrative) responsibility and should not be kept at a coach's disposal.....blame yourselves admin's....IMHO only....

Posted this at Celtkin.

I heard he used WVU Cellphones to recruit Michigan players while he was still the coach at WVU.

Many many of us when changing jobs or positions keep the same cell phone...generally you pay for it after the bill comes in and it is not a big deal. I would bet he did use WVU cell phones, he will probably pay the bill to WVU...chances are he or Meat Chicken can afford it...and if that was not the arrangement then WVU admins are idiots for not turning the thing off with 5 minuets of his resignation....does not seem like an issue to me...and the boosters supported RR, and many denounced the way the administration handled the whole process.................

Who knows what's going on with this.There's always that 2 sides to a story thing.The one thing I heard that I did'nt like was when Rodriguez said people are starting to threaten his family.:shakeno:That would make me shread more than just documents.

think about this though, the WVU administration is not even investigating the situation. They're mentioning this in the media, but have not looked into it.

I don't know everything RichRod did leaving WVU, but I do know that the way the WV people have treated Rod's family is dispicible. I also know that when you have your state's governor complaining about college football then you are IMO pathetic.

Many many of us when changing jobs or positions keep the same cell phone...generally you pay for it after the bill comes in and it is not a big deal. I would bet he did use WVU cell phones, he will probably pay the bill to WVU...chances are he or Meat Chicken can afford it...and if that was not the arrangement then WVU admins are idiots for not turning the thing off with 5 minuets of his resignation....does not seem like an issue to me...and the boosters supported RR, and many denounced the way the administration handled the whole process.................

It wasn't using "WVU cell phones" ... it was talking to recruits when he knew he was moving on to Michigan (but still employed as coach by WVU). He was trying to get them to follow him ... problem is, it was during the time that coaches are not allowed contact with recruits ... therefore, any possible sanctions for his behavior would not follow him to Michigan, they would be enforced vs. WVU. That was the big deal.

I'm to the point where I consider "coach" Rod to be a total scumbag merc, and frankly, I'm done talking about his sorry arse.

it was talking to recruits when he knew he was moving on to Michigan (but still employed as coach by WVU).

Yeah that part did not register, sorry. If he did then that would be unethical to say the least, I never saw that part of the report though. If he had contact with recruits during the dead period then his actions are going to be reviewed without doubt,,,,we will know if the allegations are true or not in time...if he did do that there is little doubt it will come out...

Back
Top Bottom