Rich Rodriguez could be in some hot water | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rich Rodriguez could be in some hot water

During the "Dead" period you're still allowed 1 call arent you? If not, Meyer cheated also ;)

You can pretty much call any time the way i understand it...from the NCAA.

Definitions of Recruiting Periods: Dead Period
A dead period is that period of time when it is not permissible to make in person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off the member institution’s campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by prospects to the institution’s campus. The provision of complimentary admissions to a prospect during a dead period is prohibited, except as provided in Bylaw 13.7.2.5 for a prospect who visits an institution as part of a group. During such a dead period, a coaching staff member may not serve as a speaker at or attend a meeting or banquet at which prospects are in attendance, except as provided in Bylaw 13.1.9., and may not visit the prospects’ educational institutions. It remains permissible, however, for an institutional staff member to write or telephone prospects during such a dead period

The only problem I have with Rich Rod was that he called and let Terrelle Pryor know he was going to Michigan WAY before he let his team....Thats dirty in my book.

The only problem I have with Rich Rod was that he called and let Terrelle Pryor know he was going to Michigan WAY before he let his team....Thats dirty in my book.

And the way the University and community has treated RR is......uhhhh what?

That only came after he announced he was going to Michigan. and as far as im concerned there whole family is trying to stir stuff up. Such as When MAMA RODRIGUEZ (rich's mom) said threats were made and property vandalized, I find it quite odd that insted of calling the police first, she called ESPN....

You're not a WVU fan. You wouldnt understand.

You are correct...I am kinda Switzerland on this one, rather neutral. I also do not understand or condone crime vandalism over a coach leaving, or over football in general....but hey that's just me.

But I do think it is a little ridiculous to get irritated that someone called people other than the cops.......I think it is a rather bright way to expose the entire situation rather than call Morganton cops to see what interest they have in investigating a vandalism by Morganton residents, at a home that Morganton residents (cops included) would rather see burned to timbers..... Don't see a real thorough investigation happening here folks....

I see you are a bit young to remember but A UM player...Rohan Marley I believe was hurt in Morganton, and the WVU fans tried to tip his ambulance over as it left the stadium to take him to the hospital. You sure have your right, to carry your own value system forward individually, but overall the societal perception of WVU fans isn’t real positive because of events just like these......and based on their history I would have to say from afar that it seems pretty accurate.

I think it is a rather bright way to expose the entire situation rather than call Morganton cops to see what interest they have in investigating a vandalism by Morganton residents, at a home that Morganton residents (cops included) would rather see burned to timbers

Actually, Rich's family doesn't live in Morgantown, they live a a city about 20 minutes south of there. So the MoTown police officers would have no reason to be in that area

As Mama Rodriguez said, Her familys property was vandalized, family members were being harassed at school. Yet when the police arrived they found no evidence of anything of that sort.

I'm majoring in Criminal Justice at WVU, So now, I'm starting to understand how everything works. and if you dont have evidence to support you statements or facts. Then you minds well not even bother. I've spoken to several officers and they told me the exact same thing. Nothing was found to support the Rodriguez's family statements and it sounded like they were making it up....And that is coming from an OSU grad....

[mod]There is no need for the snide comments.[/mod]
But I do think it is a little ridiculous to get irritated that someone called people other than the cops.......

So, if you're thinking that your life could possibly be in danger, You would call ESPN first and let them know your life was in danger before the Police....

[admin] Keep it respectful at all times! No more personal attacks! [/admin]

That only came after he announced he was going to Michigan. and as far as im concerned there whole family is trying to stir stuff up. Such as When MAMA RODRIGUEZ (rich's mom) said threats were made and property vandalized, I find it quite odd that insted of calling the police first, she called ESPN....

but because youre a WVU fan... you neglect to understand that its not okay to harass a man and his family for making a career change to a better opportunity???

step outside the box man.

its quite clear whats gone on here...wvu is upset and worried that the players that RR recruited to WVU are now going to follow him to michigan. so the school is doing everything in its power to try and tarnish his image to try and prevent those players from following him to michigan. but you wouldnt understand that... youre a WVU fan.

but because youre a WVU fan... you neglect to understand that its not okay to harass a man and his family for making a career change to a better opportunity???

step outside the box man.

its quite clear whats gone on here...wvu is upset and worried that the players that RR recruited to WVU are now going to follow him to michigan. so the school is doing everything in its power to try and tarnish his image to try and prevent those players from following him to michigan. but you wouldnt understand that... youre a WVU fan.

to be fair, very few players WVU recruits are guys Michigan will ever even go after. Most of them are 2 and 3* recruits that Michigan would not look towards. Not a knock on WVU, but Michigan really doesn't look for the type of players WVU gets.

to be fair, very few players WVU recruits are guys Michigan will ever even go after. Most of them are 2 and 3* recruits that Michigan would not look towards. Not a knock on WVU, but Michigan really doesn't look for the type of players WVU gets.

true about the difference in talent in recruits. i guess i missed my own point a bit too, what iw as really trying to get as is their attempt to try and ruin the reputation of RR and hurt him in the recruiting process while recruiting for Michigan... which is just ridiculous on their part. as i mentioned in my first post in this thread... WVU needs to get over it already, and move on. he's gone. shut up, and move on with your program.

true about the difference in talent in recruits. i guess i missed my own point a bit too, what iw as really trying to get as is their attempt to try and ruin the reputation of RR and hurt him in the recruiting process while recruiting for Michigan... which is just ridiculous on their part. as i mentioned in my first post in this thread... WVU needs to get over it already, and move on. he's gone. shut up, and move on with your program.

pretty much the sentiments of most Michigan fans. Go to a Michigan board sometime, most of us our sick of WVU fans saying so many bad things about RichRod (when before we hired him, most of them were talking trash saying he wouldn't leave), and many compare their fans to jealous ex-girlfriends. Personally, I've seen WVU fans lie about how Michigan is reacting to RichRod. They all seem to think the fans are pissed we didn't get Miles, when in reality most are excited for his system. Michigan by name gets top recruits, and RichRod gets good athletes at WVU. At Michigan, most feel he'll get the 5* Athletes instead of Michigan's 4/5* football players or WVU's 2/3* athletes.

Really, most Michigan fans are focusing more on our young coaching staff, and our recruiting more than WVU. We're just tired of hearing about it while WVU won't shut up about it.

Back
Top Bottom