Richmond Webb.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Richmond Webb....

GROOVES12 wrote: "I seriously doubt he would want to come back. He felt he was screwed by the Dolphins' management, and that is why he was forced to sign for less money with the Bengals".................

Well, even if that is so, once you played for the bengals, you forgive and forget real quick. i think webb would be ont The first plane back to miami if offered the gig.

I WOULD ABSOLUTELY BE IN FAVOR OF SIGNING WEBB!!

DEDICATED TO OFFENDING LIBERAL WHINERS!!

Wanny would be a fool not to try to get Webb back. In fact he should be on the phone with the Bengles now to inquire about the Pro Bowl Tackle.

Here's to hoping that John Jackson and Levi Jones are both doing extremely well. Heh. Man I wish Wannstedt would give Mike Brown a call. I'd pay Webb the $1.5 million for the season and trade Brown a 6th round pick on top of it.

I don't think I've ever disliked a good Phins player more than Webb. I think he was overrated for 5 yrs. and I would be sad if we brought back a selfish, overrated player even if he prob would be a slight upgrade over what we have.

We don't have a 6th rd pick the Bears have it.

Since when is Webb selfish. He had been one of the biggest locker room leaders we've ever had for years. The players looked up to him, asked him for advice often, and when he got old and we didn't feel like paying him what he was worth, he was shipped off to Cincinnati rather than being able to stay a dolphin.

I'm all for bringing Webb back on board! This is a guy who's as much a part of this organization as ZT or anyone else; he belongs in Fin-land. Someone get on the hotline to Wanny and tell them we all want Webb back home. :D

If I remember correctly, wasn't his situation similar to Trace Armstrong's? Pretty much, a money motivated move. I think that Wanny really wanted him to do a "Brock Marion" and come back to the fins, after getting few suitors on the open market. But the bungles offered big bucks, and there was no way that the fins were going to match that.

Would he come back for the vet minimum? Who knows? But it is definitely worth a phone call!

Would he be an upgrade over what we presently have at LT? I think yes!

webb would totally solidify lt...i would feel a lot more comfortable with webb over smith or spriggs...than next year draft a lt with 1st pick...

Originally posted by Phinstd
I don't think I've ever disliked a good Phins player more than Webb. I think he was overrated for 5 yrs. and I would be sad if we brought back a selfish, overrated player even if he prob would be a slight upgrade over what we have.

In a way, I kinda feel the same way about him. But bottom line, since he's been gone, our line has not been the same. Now, is it totally because of his absence? No. But a lot of it can be attributed to his leadership qualities that he brought to the rest of the unit, especially Ruddy.

No doubt, his best days are way behind him, but is he better that what we presently have? No doubt. Can he help solidify the LT position for this year? Probably. Could he be "the missing piece"?
to our SB run? Who knows? Would I like to find out? You betcha!!

Bengals fans seem not to think so. Buchsbaum's blurb was pure speculation I think based on Levi Jones looking fairly good coupled with the fact that John Jackson's angiogram showed up good so it looks like his heart is ok for him to play. He's been the Bengals' LT forever but his injury problems led to them signing Webb. If Jackson's back and still wants to play they might feel they owe it to the 14 or 15 year BENGAL to let him play another season and if thats the case then they've got Anderson, Jackson, Webb, and high 1st round pick Levi Jones. A little overinvested in the position I'd say.

I just hate it when all these fans come out of the woodwork and call a player "selfish" and moneygrubbing and stuff, saying he doesn't play for the love of the game and all that crap, just because a guy doesn't take a contract with your favorite team. If a player should have loyalty enough to his team to take significantly less money from them in order to play for them, then a team should have enough loyalty to a player to accept significantly less talent level just to allow that player to keep playing for them.

But no, when a player slips up or isn't all that talented he gets tossed out like yesterday's garbage...and fans couldn't be happier cuz they are tired of seeing him drop passes, or get burned in the secondary, or miss tackles. A player taking his market value from another team is their way of fighting back about the fact that teams (and fans) rarely have loyalty to players regardless of talent level.

My bad, Jackson's a longtime Steeler not Bengal. He's been with the Bengals about 3-4 years.

But he has been in the league 15 years.

Back
Top Bottom