Ricky and the CFL ****Post all topics about him here*** | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky and the CFL ****Post all topics about him here***

Will Ricky Williams Score Today?

• No Way!!! - Too Early!!!

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Yes - In A 2 Points Conversion

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Yes! - 1 Touchdown!

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • Yes!! - 2 Toucdowns!!!

Votes: 18 18.0%
  • Yes!!! - 3 Touchdowns!!!

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Are You Serious? - He Will Score 4 Or More Touchdowns!!!!

Votes: 15 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catssuck said:
He'll do well but Kent Austin will have to adjust the Argos offense and he loves the pass. We have a great receiving corps and this just adds a totally new dimension to the team that one the Grey Cup 2 years ago. Last season the Argos only averaged 83 yards a game on the ground - Ricky will definately change this stat but by how much? I don't know. In the CFL the running game just doesn't factor into it the way it does in the NFL - I can see him getting a hell of a lot of yards catching balls out of the backfield. Anyway you look at it though it is great to be an Argos fan right now.
The one thing I have been curious about is how good is the argo's O-line.If ricky is getting hit 7 yard's behind the line of scrimmage it matter's little.That has been proven down here.

Blue&Gold said:
And if he doesn't, what excuse will you be using?

I don't need or use excuses. I extrapolate information based on facts. If Ricky Williams arrives to play in the CFL he will DOMINATE. It's very simple.

I knew eventually we would get Sean Salisbury steak to post in this forum :D
Go Ricky :ricky:

peg_city said:
So I am not really all that suprised by the reaction by most fans when they heard that Ricky Williams was going north. The CFL has nothing but average tallent and any NFL backup would be the best player in the CFL. But just to prove my point here is alittle back ground info. First, the Toronto Argos have now 4 former 1st round picks. John Avery, RJ Soward, Eric Flowers (former Pro bowl'er) and now Ricky Williams. The CFL has had former first round runningbacks Lawernce Phillips (which league hasn't he played in), Robert Edwards, and John Avery (Only one of those leading the CFL in rushing for 1 year). Of course if these player were good enough they would be playing in the NFL which comes to my next point.

I would like to paraphrase the great Quincy Cater when he was cut by montreal. "The players are smaller but the quality of quarterback is still the same." Like most NFL players he came in expecting he would start without qualification and then was the first player cute in training camp. He found out that he would have to battle for a back-up role and didn't like it. The point is that it is a different game and any player can't come in expecting to put little effort in and be the best at his position. The CFL and NFL Europe has seen players such Lawrence Phillips and Andre Rison come in put in a lazy effort and then get cut. Also, the NFL is a size league and the CFL is not. A player like Marc Boerighter (6'3"-6'4") gets less then a 1000 yrds in his last CFL year and be the 3rd or 4th receiver in and NFL team because he has size, while players with obviously alot more talent with little size end up playing minor league football his whole life. Most players which play in either the NFL-Europe/AFL/CFL are there because they are injury prone, to small, or have a bad attitude. What will happen is Ricky will put in a lazy effort, collect his money, finish 3rd-6th in rushing, sell some tickets and go back to the NFL for one more failed drug test.

Most of the players you list are either has beens at end of their careers or were never that good a quality player for the NFL. Whereas the CFL has a larger field. For players to get open in.How do you know that Ricky will put in a lazy effort. While he is not my on my most favorite player list. I think he can do better than most of the players you listed.

I think you can look at how he rushes in different ways. If he doesn't run hard he could be saving himself for getting back to NFL. But again if he puts in a lazy effort. NFL teams might think he is getting lazy. I think he might do good to get back in NFL shape and showcase himself. Because you never know he may never play in Miami again.

Differant league, differant game, differant molds.

Ricky will most likely be a top 4 back, but I doubt he'll lead the league in rushing let alone break records.

If you are expecting your boy to break records, be prepared to be dissapointed.

The CFL has yet tot see talent level of Ricky Williams as far as pure football skills. And as far as being lazy.... ricky got lazy and unmotivated in 2003 and still rushed for almost 1400 yds, Against great competion and on an awful offense. Not to mention ricky has many reason to be motivated over in canada. When he comes back to the league in 07' his contract will be up and if he tears up the CFL odds are he will get a more intriguing deal. My points are A. If Ricky Williams becomes lazy he will still dominate. B. Ricky Williams won't be lazy over there.

Rushing

Att: 383

Yards: 1853

AVG: 4.8

TD: 16

Recieving

Rec:47

Yards: 363

Avg: 7.7

TD: 1

Phins28 said:
4,000 yds, 44 tds

:shakeno:

He never ran for that kind of yardage in NCAA ball so why would you expect him to run for that in CFL ball?

He's not going to play high school football again, he is playing against elite competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom