Ricky and the CFL ****Post all topics about him here*** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky and the CFL ****Post all topics about him here***

Will Ricky Williams Score Today?

• No Way!!! - Too Early!!!

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Yes - In A 2 Points Conversion

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Yes! - 1 Touchdown!

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • Yes!! - 2 Toucdowns!!!

Votes: 18 18.0%
  • Yes!!! - 3 Touchdowns!!!

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Are You Serious? - He Will Score 4 Or More Touchdowns!!!!

Votes: 15 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CrunchTime said:
Ricky has a peaceful nature.He will be good to the fans but he will not seek worship or praise.

I am sure he is a great guy, but football on the praries up here is taken very seriously, and he is gonna get it.

I know Andre Rison was getting ragged on all game here in Winnipeg for being a deadbeat dad...nothing personal, but it will happen.

BillsInsider said:
Oh Yeah, It's Canada.

It has nothing to do with that really, I just think he is a premiere back in the world when he is on his game.

He is big, fast, and he has great vision. This misconception that the CFL is a rec league is pretty insulting.

Loacl video (Miami) of Ricky Williams CFL story

Sports Xtra, from Channel 7 in Miami, leads off with Ricky Williams joining the Toronto Argonauts. I created and uploaded it to Youtube, in case people want to see local reaction. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpwKAo4cGrkEdit: Grrr, it should say "Local".

- Removed -

YM305 said:
If Ricky Joins The CFL I predict he will brake every single record they have-
Rush:315
Yard:2050
Avg.:6.5
TD's:40
league MVP

Edit: grey cup

I disagree ONLY cause they only have 3 downs instead of 4 so they mostly throw the ball........so ill say about 1450 yards

Yeah, each RB only gets like 15 carries a game, and that is why Saban wan't so scared about letting Ricky go.

BillsInsider said:
Yeah, each RB only gets like 15 carries a game, and that is why Saban wan't so scared about letting Ricky go.

He will have the ball in his hands a lot either running or receiving, as long as he shows he deserves it...I think he will.

You guys need some Bomber fans on this board? From Winnipeg: I back up my boy geeber's comments. CFL is quality football. Not comparing NFL standards. Anyhow, believe it or not.

As for Ricky Williams. . . the guy will be great in Toronto. Hell, don't you guys know about Onterrio Smith is now in the CFL?

Also, Toronto's head coach is the epitome of "run-forest-run" coaches. Ricky Williams will only have good things to say. CFL is not a push over league. Watch the Bombers do it! LOL

Keep in mind, the lack of respect Americans give the CFL, a lot of these guys up here can ball, and they are gonna be trying to ear hole Ricky every carry to prove a point.

Defences are gonna be fired up to play this guy.

RW is a natural, man. With his ability, he will love playing with the Argos. "Pinball" (i.e. Argo's head coach) is far and away the best motivator I have ever seen coach. I say that without underestimating Ricky Williams. All in all, this is a perfect situation for RW. He'll do well.

RW said it himself, "playing instead of being 1 year away from football, and coming back to the Dolphins. . . " the guy knows he'll benefit in terms of conditioning himself into game shape for Miami. His bases are covered.

He'll do well but Kent Austin will have to adjust the Argos offense and he loves the pass. We have a great receiving corps and this just adds a totally new dimension to the team that one the Grey Cup 2 years ago. Last season the Argos only averaged 83 yards a game on the ground - Ricky will definately change this stat but by how much? I don't know. In the CFL the running game just doesn't factor into it the way it does in the NFL - I can see him getting a hell of a lot of yards catching balls out of the backfield. Anyway you look at it though it is great to be an Argos fan right now.

bigcanadiano said:
RW is a natural, man. With his ability, he will love playing with the Argos. "Pinball" (i.e. Argo's head coach) is far and away the best motivator I have ever seen coach. I say that without underestimating Ricky Williams. All in all, this is a perfect situation for RW. He'll do well.

Yeah...he is legit, no denying that.

LOL - Being a argo fan? I cannot stand the argo's. But Ricky I continually adopt as a monumental RB. No question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom