Ricky and the CFL ****Post all topics about him here*** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky and the CFL ****Post all topics about him here***

Will Ricky Williams Score Today?

• No Way!!! - Too Early!!!

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Yes - In A 2 Points Conversion

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Yes! - 1 Touchdown!

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • Yes!! - 2 Toucdowns!!!

Votes: 18 18.0%
  • Yes!!! - 3 Touchdowns!!!

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Are You Serious? - He Will Score 4 Or More Touchdowns!!!!

Votes: 15 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
grantj said:
No he's really not doing good at all in the CFL, he's been injured a lot and has not made his mark......in Edmonton he did good, then he went to the NFL for awhile and when he came back he wasn't the same.

Yeah, Avery is turing into a 1-year wonder. It should be pointed out that most starting running backs in the CFL are of the style that'd you see in "3rd down back" in the NFL. Troy Davis and Edwards are the exceptions...and they're not so big either. CFL running backs tend to be juking/slashing machines who can take advantage of the space. It's no suprise that Avery's physique is much more suited to the CFL.

I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to dis-agree about you saying he's one of the best backs in the league. He's actually in the bottom half of the league for runningbacks.

edit: I'm actually quoting runningback guru

grantj said:
I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to dis-agree about you saying he's one of the best backs in the league. He's actually in the bottom half of the league for runningbacks.

Avery's done...he won't get another look in the CFL after this camp.

Oh the irony.

Ricky Williams and John Avery in the same backfileld.

Surreal.

grantj said:

edit: I'm actually quoting runningback guru

Sure. That's your opinion.

McMichaels81 said:
407carries
800yards
2tds
Sorry dude, we are talking about Ricky Williams the running back for the dolphins...Not Ricky Williams, the running back for the colts

RunningBackGuru said:
Yes...unfortunately it is. He's doing pretty well in the CFL though. :lol:

Really? Have you been watching? Maybe stick to posting about things you know about?

Avery was good when he was in Edmonton, then went back to the NFL, then to Toronto, and since he's been in Toronto, he's been borderline terrible. Canadian kid, Jeff Johnson stole quite a few carries from Avery. Avery doesn't seem to have the quickness he used to have, and also can't hold onto the football anymore.

And for those who think Williams will rip apart the CFL, tune in. He'll likely do well. But we've all seen this story before... the superstar NFLer making his way up to the CFL, expecting to dominate, declaring themselves the best player in the league before playing a down, only to be surprised at how different the game is, and how talented the league is, and basically sent packing.

In recent note, Quincy Carter...yeah he may not have been an all-star QB, but he started in Dallas and took them to the playoffs. He should at least be able to start, if not dominate in the CFL right? Actually he was just cut by Montreal a week into training camp. Couldn't even hold a backup or 3rd string spot.

hey chaps, good to see a fellow riderfan.com 'er here

FinNasty said:
It doesnt matter... He wont be getting 20+ carries a game...

Its just a different game... you will see...

That's exactly it.

Offensive systems are different.

If Ricky does well he might budge that number up by 2 or so.

2K yards is friggin just, out there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom