Ricky and the CFL ****Post all topics about him here*** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky and the CFL ****Post all topics about him here***

Will Ricky Williams Score Today?

• No Way!!! - Too Early!!!

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Yes - In A 2 Points Conversion

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Yes! - 1 Touchdown!

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • Yes!! - 2 Toucdowns!!!

Votes: 18 18.0%
  • Yes!!! - 3 Touchdowns!!!

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Are You Serious? - He Will Score 4 Or More Touchdowns!!!!

Votes: 15 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
YM305 said:
If Ricky Joins The CFL I predict he will brake every single record they have-
Rush:315
Yard:2050
Avg.:6.5
TD's:40
league MVP

Edit: grey cup

He wont get close to 315 carries... the game is different up there... and is a much more wide open, heavy passing type of offense...

Teams average only 16 total carries a game...

So his numbers arnt going to be close to that...

FinNasty said:
He wont get close to 315 carries... the game is different up there... and is a much more wide open, heavy passing type of offense...

How many teams had Ricky Williams as their RB though?

Just my theory but he will get far more carries than your average CFL RB

YM305 said:
If Ricky Joins The CFL I predict he will brake every single record they have-
Rush:315
Yard:2050
Avg.:6.5
TD's:40
league MVP

Edit: grey cup

These are the most unrealistic stats ever. Well, I guess not many of you watch the CFL like I do. Anyways, I would say 1800 yards, 20 TD's and around 270 carries. The CFL is a pass first league and Ricky is playing in a system were they pass even more. Also, the Argos have another star back in John Avery who will without a doubt steal some carries.

FinNasty said:

'

Because Ricky Williams is your average CFL running back. :rolleyes:

NJL52 said:
'

It doesnt matter... He wont be getting 20+ carries a game...

Its just a different game... you will see...

anyone remember Robert Edwards (first round pick and rookie of the year for the Patriots) he's the one that had the severe knee injury at the rookie beach game. He played for the Montreal Alouettes last year and I think he rushed for 1200 yards, he was fairly dominant. I think Ricky Williams will be good, but the Argos have been a fairly pass happy offense even by CFL standards.

RunningBackGuru said:
These are the most unrealistic stats ever. Well, I guess not many of you watch the CFL like I do. Anyways, I would say 1200-1600 yards, 20 TD's and around 250 carries. The CFL is a pass first league and Ricky is playing in a system were they pass even more. Also, the Argos have another star back in John Avery who will without a doubt steal some carries.

No way in hell he will reach 2000 yards/40 TD and 315 carries. That is just going too far.

Is that the same John Avery Miami wasted a 1st round pick on?

NJL52 said:
'

What a smart guy you are. Now that Ricky is in the CFL, you can be sure he is up for 25+ carries a game, 200+ yards a game and of course 3 TD's a game. And you can guarantee 2000+ yards receiving.

Ricky is the new best back in the CFL. But it's not a balanced game, it's a pass first mentality and being a fan of the Argos myself, they are a team that is based on passing first. Hey, I love Ricky too and I would like him to reach those stats. But I just think their is no way he will do it.

RunningBackGuru said:
Yes...unfortunately it is. He's doing pretty well in the CFL though. :lol:

No he's really not doing good at all in the CFL, he's been injured a lot and has not made his mark......in Edmonton he did good, then he went to the NFL for awhile and when he came back he wasn't the same.

RunningBackGuru said:
Yes...unfortunately it is. He's doing pretty well in the CFL though. :lol:

He did good in the XFL also. I never understood it when we drafted him and was curious what happened with him. thanks for the info.

grantj said:
No he's really not doing good at all in the CFL, he's been injured a lot and has not made his mark......in Edmonton he did good, then he went to the NFL for awhile and when he came back he wasn't the same.

Well, he has been injured a bit. But he's still one of the best backs in the league. Especially when he was in Edmonton like you said.

RunningBackGuru said:
These are the most unrealistic stats ever. Well, I guess not many of you watch the CFL like I do. Anyways, I would say 1200-1600 yards, 20 TD's and around 250 carries. The CFL is a pass first league and Ricky is playing in a system were they pass even more. Also, the Argos have another star back in John Avery who will without a doubt steal some carries.

No way in hell he will reach 2000 yards/40 TD and 315 carries. That is just going too far.

When my family first hooked into the cable experience in 1980 ESPN covered the CFL here in the states.

Then somewhere along the way Arena FB took off and we are all left out of the loop.

We get no coverage here and it is a real downer.

I watched Moon before the NFL and actually took on a favorite team in the Winnepeg Blue Bombers and Dieter Brock (QB)

With the deep endzones and the 3 downs to get ten yards it was very exciting to watch.

Then it was gone.

The CFL seems to be the topic of conversation these days. Hopefully it will come back to us. Not because of Rick but because it is a different game that I believe( as a football fan) is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom