Ricky and the CFL ****Post all topics about him here*** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky and the CFL ****Post all topics about him here***

Will Ricky Williams Score Today?

• No Way!!! - Too Early!!!

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Yes - In A 2 Points Conversion

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Yes! - 1 Touchdown!

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • Yes!! - 2 Toucdowns!!!

Votes: 18 18.0%
  • Yes!!! - 3 Touchdowns!!!

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Are You Serious? - He Will Score 4 Or More Touchdowns!!!!

Votes: 15 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
unless he gets injured anything less than 1500 yds is a disappointment.

this is Ricky Williams who had 1800+ yds in the NFL. who just last year had 743 yds and a 4.4 avg while splitting carries. in the CFL his average will certainly go up at abput 6 yds a carry at the very least. im expecting 7 or 8 though. he should be able to get 2000+ yds with 2 extra games than the NFL.

after his stint in the CFL does he get to come back to the phins?

carries-300
yds-over 2000
avg-6.6
tds-a little over 30

Something to keep in mind is that the CFL does have 3 down football...so unless you get 7+ yards on first down you probably aren't running on 2nd down.

It should be interesting to see how Toronto will use him. The OC in Toronto is very pass oriented. So certainly with a talented back like Rickey he will get as many touches as possible but there will be limitations with having 3 downs.

I think he will get around 1500 yards, 12 tds

I'm going to have to say that most of the numbers being posted here are inflated. Ricky is going to do well, but CFL football is much different than NFL.

RunningBackGuru said:
These are the most unrealistic stats ever. Well, I guess not many of you watch the CFL like I do. Anyways, I would say 1800 yards, 20 TD's and around 270 carries. The CFL is a pass first league and Ricky is playing in a system were they pass even more. Also, the Argos have another star back in John Avery who will without a doubt steal some carries.

Not a chance.

Avery has been one of the worst backs in the league since his return. He will not be seeing touches while Ricky is in town I assure you.

dolpns13 said:
Sorry dude, we are talking about Ricky Williams the running back for the dolphins...Not Ricky Williams, the running back for the colts

lol, i drafted him in the madden draft thinking he was the fins ricky, man i was pissed after i found out:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Whoever said Avery is one of the best backs up here is crazy.

But regardless, Ricky is going to be very tough, he is very tough to stop in any league.

40 TDs is absurd, but wouldn't shock me if he went over 2k yards depending on the health of the Argo QBs.

He will get used a lot, they aren't bringing him in to sit on his ***.

I look forward to seeing him play up here, and hopefully watching him get knocked around.

You guys are forgetting that Ricky is a good receiver and he will probably be very involved in that aspect of the games.

CrunchTime said:
You guys are forgetting that Ricky is a good receiver and he will probably be very involved in that aspect of the games.

Definetely...he is gonna be a huge threat.

Quick question...how easy is it to get in this guy's kitchen? The stadiums here the fans are basically right on top of you, fans are gonna be all over him.

Is he gonna flake out?

Since he probably will only ge 15-20 carries, will average about 5 yards a carry, around 1,100 yards+

I think Ricky will average 10-12 carries per game and will end up with somewhere in the neighbourhood of 1,300-1,400 yards. I'll also take a stab at 12 rushing TD's. Combined with receiving yards, he could go over 2,000 all purpose yards and add 5 or 6 more TD's.

Breaking the record will be extremely difficult IMHO. CFL or not, 2,000 yards is damn impressive, especially in a pass first league.

Here's hoping I can catch an Edmonton or BC game live!!!!!

geebrr said:
Definetely...he is gonna be a huge threat.

Quick question...how easy is it to get in this guy's kitchen? The stadiums here the fans are basically right on top of you, fans are gonna be all over him.

Is he gonna flake out?

Ricky has a peaceful nature.He will be good to the fans but he will not seek worship or praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom