Ricky changed his banner... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky changed his banner...

Re: Re: Re: Ricky changed his banner...

Originally posted by dolphan39
good one :hail:

I might be able to outrun Dick Butkus maybe ;)

Imagine if you thought you could....

And were wrong...

Eh, there are ways to get around alienware. You are basically paying for an overpriced system that you can save your money on by installing it yourself. I work with 3d graphics.... I'm a computer modeler, animator......... I rather build everything with my own specs. Dell servers are crap, all the servers I checked out from dell are not bad for the money but man they sure are pretty loud.

Keep it all in perspective, guys. ;)

Sure....some of us can build for ourselves. But for everyone else who can't......and are hardcore gamers and such......Alienware is a good way to go. You get a nice system. But you're also getting 24/7 phone tech support, free lifetime online support, onsite support, mags, etc, etc.

Again, it's pricey. But you'll get a solid machine and good support/service.

As for Dell servers, I have no experience with them. But I've heard a lot more good than bad from my customers.

Hooray for computer threads!! :)

Originally posted by PrOpAiN
As a Webhost/Gamer I really suggest Dell Servers and Alienware Gaming machines.

So I guess that would make them "propain accessories", right?? :lol:

Just a little King of the Hill humor. :)

Originally posted by Muck
Keep it all in perspective, guys. ;)

Sure....some of us can build for ourselves. But for everyone else who can't......and are hardcore gamers and such......Alienware is a good way to go. You get a nice system. But you're also getting 24/7 phone tech support, free lifetime online support, onsite support, mags, etc, etc.

Again, it's pricey. But you'll get a solid machine and good support/service.

As for Dell servers, I have no experience with them. But I've heard a lot more good than bad from my customers.

Hooray for computer threads!! :)

Yah but what we are saying is that there are places that do it cheaper. Alienware your paying for the flashy paint job and all the advertising they do. Most smaller stores have an online site where you can piece together the parts you want and they'll slap it together for you. Just a matter of finding a local place. If you need tech support then perhaps......but that's some pretty expensive tech support.

However gotta love the paint jobs :)

Just some cool stuff for people to look at if they ever want to get into modding (most of it's really really simple):

case skinning

Illumination Power Supplies

Cold Cathode Lighting

LED Case Fans which on a windowed case you can combine with Laser Cut Grills.

When I am done with the last few things I am doing with my computer I'll post some pics. Most of it was prebuilt. All I've done is replace the IDE cables with these electro cables and then I'm going to replace my window fan with an LED side fan with grill. If I could afford it I'd replace my power supply with that Antec Illumination but it's too pricey. Rest of it was built by my local store at under 1/2 of Alienware cost (even after the addition of the mods).

If you've got a nice power supply already, just pop it open and add an 80mm LED fan. I use these. I've got six in my black window case and one in the power supply (I like blue, and it matches my motherboard's PCB). Then I added two of the blue cold cathodes just like the ones in your link. Then I went with all Coolermaster silver rounded cables (the light reflects nicely...and they were out of black). As for wires, I tuck and hide as best I can. Blue flex loom and twist ties make it neat and camouflaged.

My entire system cost me under $1000 when I put it together 16 months ago. No labor of course.

The new Alienware cases are TIGHT!! I wish Chieftech would sell them (or something like them) to the public.

Originally posted by Muck
If you've got a nice power supply already, just pop it open and add an 80mm LED fan. I use these. I've got six in my black window case and one in the power supply (I like blue, and it matches my motherboard's PCB). Then I added two of the blue cold cathodes just like the ones in your link. Then I went with all Coolermaster silver rounded cables (the light reflects nicely...and they were out of black). As for wires, I tuck and hide as best I can. Blue flex loom and twist ties make it neat and camouflaged.

My entire system cost me under $1000 when I put it together 16 months ago. No labor of course.

The new Alienware cases are TIGHT!! I wish Chieftech would sell them (or something like them) to the public.

Nice. However did you check out that power supply? Even the cables light up. I'm aiming for the tackiest looking computer around lol. Want just about everything to light up :) I'm thinking I might just do a case switch and color up the power supply with a red casing as that might be easier to do. I'm starting to enjoy the modding I'm just worried I'm going to blow something up in the long run :)

Oh, I didn't realize the cables lit up as well. Very cool. Dude, I totally understand. I love ricing out systems. I actually had to take some lights OUT of my case because it was blinding me. Nothing like watching a DVD with a date and having to stop and put a thick blanket over your PC. :lol:

Speaking of cases and blowing stuff up, how about this for the ultimate mod........

My buddy wanted to mod out his Quake box (black Antec case). So one day on our lunch break, we went out to our other friend/fellow tech's property and took the old AK-47 and a 12 gauge to the side panels. :) That gave him the war-torn look he wanted, with the light shining thru and everything. :up: Kinda reminded me of those Friday the 13th/Jason horror movies.

I'll post the pics if I get them (he took them down).

I can build my self a machine that would stomp any alienware and still do it with half of the money I would spend. Either how, if you got the money then get an alienware. I wasn't impressed with my friends 5,000 alienware but that's just my opinion from experience. They are intended to be gaming machiens to squeeze the juice as much as from its resources.

Originally posted by gunn34
Run Rickey Run was this thread....what's all this talk about computers???

:confused:

You beat me to it!!! although i would have said Run RICKY Run instead.. ;).

Well, the original post itself talks about the site's design itself and not the content. So it was a relevant tangent to proceed upon. ;)

Oh good.... fellow computer geeks!

Right now I've got a metallic blue chieftec with a window mod, uv sensative rounded cables, blue mesh cable wrap, and obviously two uv cold cathodes.

Also I'm currently in the process of bulding my own custom water cooled case from scratch... maybe as I get farther along I'll post some pictures for the rest of you geeks.

Ricky needn't run away from this thread... I've thought more than once about modding a computer with a Ricky/#34/Phins motif and seeing if I could somehow get it to him without him calling security on me ;)

Back
Top Bottom