Ricky is an asset | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky is an asset

redhead said:
Ricky not in uniform is a non-asset. :shakeno: Ricky shares downs with Ronnie..., Ricky has a lot ore miles and licks on his aging body (shoulders) gets traded next year for a few early round picks.:lol:

We all know Saban what Saban can do with draft picks... He knows the field of players going to be available.

Everyone is overlooking his admission that he plans to play for 2 years at most, and then re-retire!

Thus, he has NO TRADE VALUE whatsoever!

He will stay here for 2 years then retire again.
Nobody wants to give up anything for him, b/c of the abundance of RB's out there and his reputation.

Everyone talks sh** but I want him back. Let him split time w/ ronnie while our franchise rb gets accustomed to the nfl. We might have the best rb combo in the league.

Also how can everyone be so angry at a guy who really got Wanny run out of town?

The healthy ricky and ronnie backfield will get us 2000yds.

redhead said:
Ricky not in uniform is a non-asset. :shakeno: Ricky shares downs with Ronnie..., Ricky has a lot ore miles and licks on his aging body (shoulders) gets traded next year for a few early round picks.:lol:

No other team in the NFL wanted Ricky when the Saints traded him to us. We were laughed at around the league because they thought the he was unstable (and they turned out to be correct). What makes anyone on this board think that now, after Ricky has proven to be a wild card, that any team would be willing to give us a "fist day" pick for him? No matter how many yards he runs for this coming season, he's still going to be considered a major risk and i don't think that any team is willing to compromise their future for him.

redhead said:
We all know Saban what Saban can do with draft picks... He knows the field of players going to be available.

We have seen nothing! We have hopes but the players are yet to play, and Saban is yet to win a game! This blind optimism is mking me crazy. Don't get me wrong, I too am hoping that Saban will turn the team around, but to actually argue that his draft class is awesome at this point in the season, before they have played a single down, is ludicrous.

My only concern about Ricky is that he could always flip out again and decide it is time to quit. We should get something for Ricky...either he plays or we trade him or make him pay back his bonus money....I think it is best to give him a shot as we don't gain anything by letting him sit out. Invite him to camp and if he is physically and mentally ready then let him back up Ronnie...if he is not ready then cut him in training camp and wish him well with his herbal medicine. :)

csabe said:
Ricky is an a-hole, not an asset
I couldn't agree with you more. Ronnie is the RB of this team now, not Ricky.

Anyone who commented with a negative comment about Ricky Williams is straight up stupid.
If he's off the team, we have a fairly good offense (except for maybe some needed upgrades on the line). We have a very young, powerful, versatile running back in Ronnie Brown already. Adding Ricky could only make us better. It's not like our offense is completely based on his abilities anymore, if he should be dumb enough to quit again (which all you haters keep saying will happen) then we're left with a great rushing attack that includes Ronnie Brown, Lamar Gordon, and possibly Kay-Jay Harris.
Honestly, what bad thing could possibly come out of Ricky returning? We'll have to waive someone from the 53-man roster, that's about it.
The upside is just too much.

Y is it stupid when we have Gordon, Minor, and Morris that can all give Brown a breather? Im more concerned about developeing Brown then having Ricky for 2 years and not being able to trade him.

stan marino said:
Y is it stupid when we have Gordon, Minor, and Morris that can all give Brown a breather? Im more concerned about developeing Brown then having Ricky for 2 years and not being able to trade him.
It's not about Ricky playing a back-up role to Brown, it's about the possibilities of having both of them in the same backfield. It doesn't matter who you give the ball to, it could be a TD threat every carry.

massi20 said:
Let him play. It would be a formidable 1-2 punch out of the backfield. Expensive, but effective. Then next year, after Ricky proves he is still great, trade him for picks. A good trade would be to philly for T.O. One whack job for another, but at least one wont quit.

i hope your joking... cause if not send me some of that crack your smoking

I think Ricky will play whatever role Nick wants him to play

I find it amusing that some on this site continue to challenge the intelligence and loyalty of those of us who oppose bringing Williams back inot the fold. Their central argument offered focusses on Williams's past performances. People, please, THIS IS NOT FANTASY FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!! Bringing him back causes all sorts of problems (locker room issues, trust issues) and, as stated many times before, is not worth the risk. For those who believe we will be able to trade him, think again. He is 195-200 pounds. Reports indicate that he has lost over 40 pounds. You can't just put on 40 pounds overnight. Getting back into game shape would probably take 6 months. He has already failed three (officially) drug tests and retired for another. He has played for two organisations, both of which have noted that the player is difficult to manage. How many teams do you think are willing to part ways with any draft picks for this kind of player?
Every time he comments on his return I am nonplussed. Rather than admitting his mistakes, he always offers these ridiculous excuses, and usually provides some cryptic answer for his possible return. I think he is actually enjoying the attention he receives from the media. He has a deep need to be loved and admired, and wants all of us to recognize and confirm his "greatness". He needs serious help, and until he : 1) seeks professional help; 2) stops talking to the media;and ) 3gets in decent shape, I don't think we should EVEN CONSIDER bringing him back.

popularwar said:
Anyone who commented with a negative comment about Ricky Williams is straight up stupid.
If he's off the team, we have a fairly good offense (except for maybe some needed upgrades on the line). We have a very young, powerful, versatile running back in Ronnie Brown already. Adding Ricky could only make us better. It's not like our offense is completely based on his abilities anymore, if he should be dumb enough to quit again (which all you haters keep saying will happen) then we're left with a great rushing attack that includes Ronnie Brown, Lamar Gordon, and possibly Kay-Jay Harris.
Honestly, what bad thing could possibly come out of Ricky returning? We'll have to waive someone from the 53-man roster, that's about it.
The upside is just too much.

Well aside from just having a potentially team splitting presence in the locker room and a flood of negative media coverage, there's the issue that his contract may prevent us from filling holes at DT, S and CB. (read the RW salary cap thread)

ricky is an asset............................with out the e and the t

Back
Top Bottom