Ricky is comming back we all know it. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky is comming back we all know it.

Amars

Championship or nothing.
Reaction score
He'll play for 2yrs so he won't have to pay the 8.6 mill and then retire. This can only benefit our team.

and you needed to start the 101st Ricky thread to say this.

I think he'll be back.

For the record, I am completely against allowing Ricky Williams back onto this football team. IMO, the distractions his presence will bring will outweigh his on the field accomplishments.

KB, I know how you feel.. but do you think it'll happen?

KB21 said:
For the record, I am completely against allowing Ricky Williams back onto this football team. IMO, the distractions his presence will bring will outweigh his on the field accomplishments.

Amen Brother!:eek:

One article said Ricky was 195lbs Holy Crap Man he needs to be at 225-230 to be the Ricky we all once rooted for.

armyfinfan said:
One article said Ricky was 195lbs Holy Crap Man he needs to be at 225-230 to be the Ricky we all once rooted for.

I think he can and will play at closer to 215-220, at least this year.

I also think this two seasons stuff is a bunch of BS. He's going to have to get back on the meds, and he might start thinking more clearly at that point. If he's having fun and is healthy after 2, he very possibly could play another 3-5 years in this league. The question then becomes whether you try to trade him next year when he might have some value or let him stick around another year and accept either his re-retirement or whatever value he holds after that second year.

KB21 said:

I disagree. Ricky coming back isn't going to cause one single player on the Dolphins to play less hard on any single play. People put too much emphasis on the word "distraction". These guys are professional football players. The will play lights out when they are on the field. In my opinion, even the players that are angry with Williams, are probably very excited about his return and what it does for this offense and the dimension it adds to this team. The only people he will distract is the people who are absolutely against him coming back. I'm not happy about what he did, but he is an awesome talent and will help this team immensely. It will also be good to have someone of his caliber take some of the carries off Ronnie's back until Ronnie gets used to the vigors of the NFL and having to be the main man and doubling his carries after sharing carries in college. Having Ricky Williams back presents alot more positives than negatives.

I have said it once and I will say it again, I don't think Ricky is coming back. I don't think Saban will allow this to become a distraction if he is to come back, that's not the issue. He is causing more of a distraction with the talk of him coming back.

I do however think he is of value to our team. Whether that is on the playing field or the trading block.

Jimmy James said:
I think he can and will play at closer to 215-220, at least this year.

I also think this two seasons stuff is a bunch of BS. He's going to have to get back on the meds, and he might start thinking more clearly at that point. If he's having fun and is healthy after 2, he very possibly could play another 3-5 years in this league. The question then becomes whether you try to trade him next year when he might have some value or let him stick around another year and accept either his re-retirement or whatever value he holds after that second year.
I agree with your post, but before thinking to trade Ricky we need to be sure that Ronnie can play well at the NFL level first. I think having Ricky and share carries with him would be a tremendous help for Ronnie, not only for the experience, but also because Ronnie needs to get up to par with the change between the college and the nfl.

finsnchips said:
KB, I know how you feel.. but do you think it'll happen?

Well, it is starting to look like it will happen.

KB21 said:
Saban can handle ricky or he wouldnt have him back. He may have some plans for him that will make everything clear down the road. Plus he was our best Offensive player if not team MVP the years he played for us.

KB21 said:
For a long time I have agreed with this stance. However, now that it looks like this may actually happen, I have to ask myself would Miami be a better team with Ricky and the answer would have to be yes. If the players don't have a problem with it than I guess I can live with it to.

I wouldn't have believed this 2 days ago but I have to say I feel he's coming back.

Bare with me, I just returned from seeing the Revenge of the Sith...

I still see good in Ricky. The situation last year, and the reports that leaked about how dysfunctional the staff has been the last few years... I'm not surprised at all that someone with his mentality went off the deep end.

Ricky needs structure. As much as he wants to project himself as a "free spirit" and claim that he enjoys being free from structure... I'm convinced that his mental makeup prevents him from functioning normally on his own. We'll never know the full extent of Lenny's role in his decision, but I suspect that Ricky's decision to retire and become a free spirit (remind anyone of Lenny?) was at least mostly motivated by trying to please his new friends.

That's something that I always noticed with Ricky... he was never self-serving. Not once did I ever witness him be self serving. I believe his SAD influences his desire to please others... and avoid conflict. The rigid nature of a properly run football program is a perfect place for Ricky to get his dose of pleasing others. Even on runrickyrun.com, Ricky always demonstrated a desire to please the fans. The very fact that he would even keep a journal as public as he did wreaks to me of "Please, like me!"

Given my (unprofessional, I must add) analysis of Ricky... it was only inevitable that he would falter under Wanny's regime. Again.. pardon my Star Wars reference... but "It was his destiny."

Does anyone else find it odd that Ricky thrived in the Texas program? Heck... aside from his extreme shyness, I don't recall him having any issues with the Saints. Actually... I retract that, I do recall him having trouble when he broke his foot... and was subsequently removed from the structure of the NFL. Yet two years under a, now exposed, extremely disorganized program run by Wanny... after loosing Norv Turner... and amidst the chaos that we now know was the offensive coaching staff, and BAM he's gone.

The beautiful thing about our current situation is that yes, he's a mercenary. Ronnie Brown is our "fallback" if you will. We don't need Ricky, and should he once again decide that he doesn't need the structure of the NFL... we won't be counting solely on him. That said, I don't expect he will punk out on us again. Not as long as Saban is as structured as he is reputed to be, of which I have little doubt. Still there is that lingering feeling in the back of your mind... always a sense of doubt about his motives.

That will be Ricky's punishment. The sort of treatment you might give a lover who has cheated on you. You want to trust them and love them as you did before... but there is always that little bit of you that withholds and keeps you from holding them in the same regard as you once did.

Perhaps not everyone will welcome him back... but rest assured that after he breaks his first run for a long TD that will no doubt fill all but the most jaded with the lovely exhilaration that smacks of the taste of great makeup sex, he will be cheered once again. After the celibacy that was last year, he will be welcomed... and he will be cheered. Always with that little asterisk in your mind that warns not to get too attached... but cheered none the less.

Ricky is coming back, whether you like it or not. Personally, I can't wait to put my Ricky jersey back on... and put the Wannstedt era fully behind me. I intend to pretend that Wanny never happened at all, and in that vein pretend that Ricky's falling out didn't happen either.

He's not fully lost to us yet, I can still feel some good in him.

phinphanphrommi said:
Long post..

Good post. If we all want to forget what Wanny did to our team, why can't we forget what Ricky did? Right now it does look like he will return to our team. The 2005 season is the start of a new era.

Back
Top Bottom