Ricky needs to start taking Paxil again! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky needs to start taking Paxil again!

Dude

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I don't remember if it was Paxil he was taking or some other antianxiety drug, but when he first got here he was saying how great it was and that it helped him overcome his Social Anxiety Disorder.

Then a few months ago he said that he doesn't need it anymore...

Now he shaves his head bald and buys a one-way ticket to Asia. If that isn't social anxiety, I don't know what is!

Ricky - Drop the weed and get back on Paxil!

Did he seriously get off his meds? I didn't know that.

He was on paxil and i think thats why he did what he did. When someone has SAD for that long and then finally gets relief from the disorder with medication its like a whole new world opens up..

No, Dude is right. When Ricky first came ehre he was on medication. Dan Lebatard confirmed tht he hasnt been taking it for a while now, because Ricky "feels comfortable in his own skin, and doesnt need it." Apparantly he does:shakeno:

Maybe someone can remember the article better, but he said something like 'With the drugs help I've learned how to cope with my disorder, so now I don't need them anymore'

How long to wait to change the avatar???

FinFan24 said:
No, Dude is right. When Ricky first came ehre he was on medication. Dan Lebatard confirmed tht he hasnt been taking it for a while now, because Ricky "feels comfortable in his own skin, and doesnt need it." Apparantly he does:shakeno:
retireing the way he did just shows why he doesnt need the meds anymore...He doesnt give a **** about what anyone thinks or says.. If he still had SAD then he would be too afraid to quit because of what people would say about him.

I work with schizophrenics. I've seen countless times when my clients stop taking their meds and move on to street drugs. The street drugs make them feel better in the short run. Then theres also the times when a client feels better, because the meds are working, decides he doesn't need the meds, and stops taking them. The result? Usually hospitalization. I don't think Ricky will end up hospitalized, but an appointment with his prescribing doctor might be a wise idea. Not to mention how street drugs can interfere with psychotropics...

FiN.in.RI said:
retireing the way he did just shows why he doesnt need the meds anymore...He doesnt give a **** about what anyone thinks or says.. If he still had SAD then he would be too afraid to quit because of what people would say about him.
How does shaving his head so he won't be recognized and running away to the farthest place from here possible fit into that? It sounds like he is still suffering...

I feel a Defensive avatar coming on. Zach would never bail on the team!

Dude said:
I don't remember if it was Paxil he was taking or some other antianxiety drug, but when he first got here he was saying how great it was and that it helped him overcome his Social Anxiety Disorder.

Then a few months ago he said that he doesn't need it anymore...

Now he shaves his head bald and buys a one-way ticket to Asia. If that isn't social anxiety, I don't know what is!

Ricky - Drop the weed and get back on Paxil!
Actually, you are probably right that Social Anxiety Disorder played a part in his decision. He clearly wanted to get away from his "public" life, which would be very hard to handle if you had S.A.D. Smoking pot is not going to help with that at all. It will make it worse. Anyone who has ever smoked a J knows about paranoia. Now combine those weird ideas and feelings of mistrust you get from smoking pot with an underlying anxiety disorder...bad idea. The clearest sign that he is really "running away" from responsibility is how relieved he is at leaving it behind. It obviously wieghed on him very heavily, the "burden" of being famous was too much to take.

Dude said:
How does shaving his head so he won't be recognized and running away to the farthest place from here possible fit into that? It sounds like he is still suffering...

I feel a Defensive avatar coming on. Zach would never bail on the team!

He didnt shave his head not to be recognized, in fact he s probably shaved his head to fit in more and be more approachable. I doubt he is suffering at this point but when the SAD kicks in again, which it most likely will, he will regret the decisions he made and pobably fall into a deep depression..

Actually for some people Ive heard pot is better than taking meds. Supposedly meds can make someone feel empty like they dont exist and they become addicted and dependant on the meds. Pot however is not an addictive/dependant drug and gives the users a feeling of "wellness". I think pot and his medication are not the problem, but I do think something must have happened that we dont know about, or Ricky really is sick of the game.

PatriotGOD said:
Actually, you are probably right that Social Anxiety Disorder played a part in his decision. He clearly wanted to get away from his "public" life, which would be very hard to handle if you had S.A.D. Smoking pot is not going to help with that at all. It will make it worse. Anyone who has ever smoked a J knows about paranoia. Now combine those weird ideas and feelings of mistrust you get from smoking pot with an underlying anxiety disorder...bad idea. The clearest sign that he is really "running away" from responsibility is how relieved he is at leaving it behind. It obviously wieghed on him very heavily, the "burden" of being famous was too much to take.

dude pot doesnt make eveyone paranoid it makes most people feel free an untouchable, take it from me.

RW doesnt want to deal with the mental strain of people telling him what to do and deal with the physical strain of football..

I AM TELLING YOU if ricky wanted to run away from everyone and wallow in his disorder he would not be chillin with Lenny Kravitz and going on tour with him. He'd be too scared!

DolFan31 said:
Actually for some people Ive heard pot is better than taking meds. Supposedly meds can make someone feel empty like they dont exist and they become addicted and dependant on the meds. Pot however is not an addictive/dependant drug and gives the users a feeling of "wellness". I think pot and his medication are not the problem, but I do think something must have happened that we dont know about, or Ricky really is sick of the game.
Yea your right its just some peopl like to interject comments that make them think that they know what they are talking about when in reality its the farthest from the truth. Its actually defined in the dictionary as ignorance..not you Dude.

Back
Top Bottom