Ricky not breaking the long ones... (and other observations) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky not breaking the long ones... (and other observations)

Originally posted by Saint Greg

Deuce had a 54 yrd run, and only got the ball 16 times.......he did something Ricky hasn't done in 800+ carries.

I guess we are just going to have a difference of opinion on this one. I don't think Ricky is going to be the kind or running back that breaks a big run every game, but I think he will have his share. We have had the big play back (John Avery?). Avery isn't in the league because he couldn't make the 4 yard run (among other things).

Just a couple thoughts for Saint fans though:

How many gears do you think Deuce will have after 800 carries and the pounding that goes with it? Pulling off a big run after a few carries is one thing. Doing it after being pounded all game is something else. Maybe Duece has it in him too? Maybe.

Ricky averaged over 4.0 yards a carry and never had the big runs to artificially inflate that average. How good does that make him EVERY time he touches the ball?

Who knows? We are all trying to predict the future, and that's a difficult business. From what I have seen, Duece looks good and Ricky is Ricky. Maybe we will both be happy in the end.

Originally posted by PhinKev

I guess we are just going to have a difference of opinion on this one. I don't think Ricky is going to be the kind or running back that breaks a big run every game, but I think he will have his share. We have had the big play back (John Avery?). Avery isn't in the league because he couldn't make the 4 yard run (among other things).

Just a couple thoughts for Saint fans though:

How many gears do you think Deuce will have after 800 carries and the pounding that goes with it? Pulling off a big run after a few carries is one thing. Doing it after being pounded all game is something else. Maybe Duece has it in him too? Maybe.

Ricky averaged over 4.0 yards a carry and never had the big runs to artificially inflate that average. How good does that make him EVERY time he touches the ball?

Who knows? We are all trying to predict the future, and that's a difficult business. From what I have seen, Duece looks good and Ricky is Ricky. Maybe we will both be happy in the end.

Avery is a burner, nothing more.

Deuce isn't just a burner....if you've watched him....he can run inside pretty well.....i haven't seen him lose yards yet.....he has power....he'll carry the pile for 3 or 4 yrds.

I think we will both be happy in the end. I think we'll both have a top RB....But we'll have a couple extra draft picks to go with our top RB.

Originally posted by Saint Greg

Avery is a burner, nothing more.

Deuce isn't just a burner....if you've watched him....he can run inside pretty well.....i haven't seen him lose yards yet.....he has power....he'll carry the pile for 3 or 4 yrds.

I think we will both be happy in the end. I think we'll both have a top RB....But we'll have a couple extra draft picks to go with our top RB.

I can't really argue with that. Duece has looked very good. It's only preseason, but anyone who has watched him has to in fairness admit the guy is a talented running back. Whether he can do it consistently when they start playing for real? Who knows?

If Ricky has the kind of year that we hope, than we'll be happy to hand the Saints the draft picks . . . .

You might need to pick another running back :)

I'm kidding. I hope Duece does well.

Back
Top Bottom