Ricky should wait to file papers til week 5 of season... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky should wait to file papers til week 5 of season...

dean_siu

sdkjglkdsjglkdsj
Reaction score
If Ricky retires now and decide he wants to come back for some future season, he'll have to serve that 4 game suspension.

However, he could take his "punishment" now and than retire after the first month of the season...he'll be free to come back at any point he deems acceptable.

Let's hope that he thinks of this and takes advantage of the opportunity for future benefit.

Let's hope he ties up 3.5 million of our cap until the 5th game of the season?? :huh:

dean_siu said:
If Ricky retires now and decide he wants to come back for some future season, he'll have to serve that 4 game suspension.

However, he could take his "punishment" now and than retire after the first month of the season...he'll be free to come back at any point he deems acceptable.

Let's hope that he thinks of this and takes advantage of the opportunity for future benefit.

I nominate this poster as moron of the month.

Why hasn't Ricky filed his papers. You would think he would sign before the start of TC or the Dolphins will just start fining him.

jgarMD said:
I nominate this poster as moron of the month.

At least he didn't make a huge scene, arrogantly bashing this board's membership for reporting rumors.......then get caught fabricating a HUGE rumor and starting a war between two message boards.

So #1) You've got no business calling anyone a moron. The award is named in your honor.

And #2) You're in violation of the TOS.

Shape it up.

inFINSible said:
Let's hope he ties up 3.5 million of our cap until the 5th game of the season?? :huh:

The Phins could just cut him and regain the cap space. But how can you cut Ricky Williams while there's still a chance he decides to get his head on straight and play.....at age 27.

Muck said:
The Phins could just cut him and regain the cap space. But how can you cut Ricky Williams while there's still a chance he decides to get his head on straight and play.....at age 27.
I don't think it works the same if we cut him???

I could be wrong.

It happened once before.

Ricky would have to be on the active roster to serve the suspension, so it wouldn't do him any good, unless the Dolphins were stupid enough to take him back now, thinking he was going to play week 5....then he said he's done.

inFINSible said:
I don't think it works the same if we cut him???

I could be wrong.

It happened once before.

I think we would recoup all of it because there's no bonus. Ricky's salary is roughtly $3.5 million straight base.

Where it gets hairy is the additional money the Phins are looking at recouping. The $8 million they're after (possibly) is in the form of paid incentives clauses and a portion of the signing bonus Ricky received from the Saints. If he's cut, they probably can't get at that. But if he retires, then they've got a basis to chase it. I think they could easily get the incentives back. But I think it'd be tougher to get the bonus NEW ORLEANS paid. And I doubt the Phins would persue that portion of it.

I'd rather him retire just so we can control his rights for the next three years. If we cut him, he could be playing somewhere else by week 5. Not that I want him back so much but, I damn sure don't want him playing anywhere else.

I'm a little vindictive that way.

dean_siu said:

clear.gif

Marino1983

If we cut him we can't sue him for the 8.7 million that his contract entitles us to, he can decide to come back at any time and be a free agent, and we would take a cap hit.

If Ricky would rather smoke pot than play football, then he should file his papers NOW! Otherwise, he should come back, make nice, and serve his time.

Back
Top Bottom