Ricky to the Steelers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky to the Steelers

Boomer said:
I think I agree. I also think that if we think that Ricky Williams is a) the only weed user and b) the only drug user on our team then we're deluding ourselves.

If you were to ask players in that Miami locker room, they'd almost to a man tell you that Ricky may be a little different and a little kooky, but his character per se is strong.

Agree and Disagree - There is definitely some others who partake in the activity, and hell I think a lot of people would like to walk out of there job and go on an adventure but just can't afford it. I disagree with him being a "team guy", I think that a team player has loyalty despite what challenges the team faces, and this guy, in my opinion lacks loyalty. He is a good natured teammate, plays hard, I will say that, but I would never rely on this guy. Thank god we have Brown, because if we didn't I would be nervous every year because of his eccentric, compulsive behavior.

Boomer said:
Because he decided to do something with his life that you didn't agree with, that automatically gives him bad character?

Terrell Owens hasa bad character. I repeat, ask the players in the locker room if Ricky has bad character.

Does Ricky have TO or Leonard Little bad character? No. Is he a likable guy? Perhaps. But that doesn't mean he has good character.

Ricky didn't just decide to do something different with his life, he was hiding from questions about his drug use. To make matters worse, he waited until it was too late for his team to find a viable replacement... walking out on them without any advanced notice.

If there was a player in the upcoming draft that had been caught using drugs multiple times and had quit on his team right before the season then everyone would say he had character issues too.

General Tso said:
Does Ricky have TO or Leonard Little bad character? No. Is he a likable guy? Perhaps. But that doesn't mean he has good character.

Ricky didn't just decide to do something different with his life, he was hiding from questions about his drug use. To make matters worse, he waited until it was too late for his team to find a viable replacement... walking out on them without any advanced notice.

If there was a player in the upcoming draft that had been caught using drugs multiple times and had quit on his team right before the season then everyone would say he had character issues too.
Yes he did wait too long to make his decision. However, after he saw mini-camp and saw how bad our oline was... he probably said to himself "with this oline and Wanny as a coach, I am going to get killed. He'll run my 35 times a game and only get 50 yards. Hmmm where's my joint..."

I don't like what he did, but with Wanny as coach and Wise as oline coach... I'll just say like Chris Rock talking about OJ... "I understand"

General Tso said:

Dont remember his name right now but the defensive lineman the Chargers picked in the first round was caught using drugs at the combine and he played pretty good for them in this year and as I said was a first round pick. Williams was a drug user but so is a hell of a lot of people around the world. So because he smokes a little weed or a lot does that make him a bad person. Legally he is wrong, but who can say it gives him bad character. Just because as a fan we thought he was a horrible teammate for walking away from the game because he didnt want to play anymore - does that give him a bad character. Dont forget Barry Saunders did the same thing. It is his life, not ours to live. When will we as fans get over "CAN WE FORGIVE RICKY CRAP?" If a CEO in your company decides to retire early is he called a quitter. If you decide to take a better paying job or just dont want to work where you are, are you considered a quitter? The NFL is a job, yes they are highly paid and there are only a limited number of men in the world who can play at that level, but it is only a job. Some play for the fun of it, but you ask most and it is a job for them. Nothing else. So get off Ricky is a bad teammate or a quitter or has bad character, he is a man who made his decision and felt he should not be told what to do with his private life. The drugs may be shady but it has been said that about 50 percent of NFL players fire up. Also when did Rickey ever do anything negative on the field, ever hear of a teammate complain about his work ethic or attitude, has he ever been arrested, beaten his wife or girlfriend, shot someone, tore his team to pieces in the papers or on TV or even gotten a DUI or anything.

Boomer said:
Because he decided to do something with his life that you didn't agree with, that automatically gives him bad character?

Terrell Owens hasa bad character. I repeat, ask the players in the locker room if Ricky has bad character.

Right on.

islanddolphin said:
Dont remember his name right now but the defensive lineman the Chargers picked in the first round was caught using drugs at the combine and he played pretty good for them in this year and as I said was a first round pick. Williams was a drug user but so is a hell of a lot of people around the world. So because he smokes a little weed or a lot does that make him a bad person. Legally he is wrong, but who can say it gives him bad character. Just because as a fan we thought he was a horrible teammate for walking away from the game because he didnt want to play anymore - does that give him a bad character. Dont forget Barry Saunders did the same thing. It is his life, not ours to live. When will we as fans get over "CAN WE FORGIVE RICKY CRAP?" If a CEO in your company decides to retire early is he called a quitter. If you decide to take a better paying job or just dont want to work where you are, are you considered a quitter? The NFL is a job, yes they are highly paid and there are only a limited number of men in the world who can play at that level, but it is only a job. Some play for the fun of it, but you ask most and it is a job for them. Nothing else. So get off Ricky is a bad teammate or a quitter or has bad character, he is a man who made his decision and felt he should not be told what to do with his private life. The drugs may be shady but it has been said that about 50 percent of NFL players fire up. Also when did Rickey ever do anything negative on the field, ever hear of a teammate complain about his work ethic or attitude, has he ever been arrested, beaten his wife or girlfriend, shot someone, tore his team to pieces in the papers or on TV or even gotten a DUI or anything.

What does forgiveness have to do with anything? I can forgive Leonard Little for the things he's done, but that doesn't mean he doesn't still have bad character.

Character is defined as having moral and ethical strength. If the following are examples of moral and ethical strength, then I guess I'm wrong and Ricky does have good character:

1. Multiple failed drug tests.
2. Quit his job without any advanced notice because he was a coward. Ricky himself said:
"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I should have been man enough to have a conversation with (head coach Dave Wannedstedt) Dave before all this happened," Williams said. "But I didn't. I got scared, and I just told him I was retiring."

[/FONT]
3. Has kids with 3 different women, none of which did he marry or have a serious relationship with.
4. Two of the mothers had to file law suits against him to get his payments.
5. Lied about having sex with one of the mothers of his kids until a paternity test proved that he did.
6. Has been arrested for traffic violations and missing court dates.
7. Has been caught driving 126 mph.
8. During his last year in New Orleans he was fined a total of $85,000 for being late or completely missing meetings and being critical of his offensive line in a SI article.

Do we have an official "Ricky trade to....." thread for every one of the other 31 franchises now? :lol:

Have we looked at trades to other leagues yet?

Ricky to the Red Sox for Manny Ramirez?

Ricky to the Womens Tennis Assoc. for Anna Kournikova?
Personally I'd pull the trigger on that one!

General Tso said:
What does forgiveness have to do with anything? I can forgive Leonard Little for the things he's done, but that doesn't mean he doesn't still have bad character.

Character is defined as having moral and ethical strength. If the following are examples of moral and ethical strength, then I guess I'm wrong and Ricky does have good character:

2. Quit his job without any advanced notice because he was a coward. Ricky himself said:
"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I should have been man enough to have a conversation with (head coach Dave Wannedstedt) Dave before all this happened," Williams said. "But I didn't. I got scared, and I just told him I was retiring."

4. Two of the mothers had to file law suits against him to get his payments.
5. Lied about having sex with one of the mothers of his kids until a paternity test proved that he did.

Excellent post!

These three points illustrate bad character to me. I don't understand how anybody can characterize those as the actions of somebody with good character.

Trekbiz said:
Do we have an official "Ricky trade to....." thread for every one of the other 31 franchises now? :lol:

Have we looked at trades to other leagues yet?

Ricky to the Red Sox for Manny Ramirez?

Ricky to the Womens Tennis Assoc. for Anna Kournikova?
Personally I'd pull the trigger on that one!
Now that's a trade I LIKE!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom