Ricky Williams busted again! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams busted again!

First of all, I am very impressed with CRAZYDOLFAN305's piece. It's insightful, true, and wreaks of expertise. Thanks, it's one of the best Fins pieces I've read this year.

are you talking about yourself?
clear.gif

That's nothing. I see worse then that happen everyday here in Dallas during rush hour.....in the morning!

Hell man, in Dallas a turn signal doesn't mean they're changing lanes....it's a direct challenge to your manhood!

I hear you Ice...I also commute on one of the worlds largest parking lots (75 and 635) I love that a 10 minute commute really is a 45-60 minute commute now...and I SWEAR the worst drivers are in TX...But it isn't all the drivers fault...whoever designed the roads needs to be taken out back and shot...I mean come on...entrance and exit lanes in the same spot...jesus christ...you're telling me that they didn't see all these accidents and issues ahead of time...My son can design a better highway system with his Hot Wheel tracks...:yell: :fire:

I now relinquish my spot on the soapbox.:evil:

This whole Ricky Williams incident I think is a good thing. Can you Imagine the last time we had a player that brought so much national attention to our team in general. This little traffic citation is turning into a big media fest and I find it so ****ing hillarious. Look at the conversations that we are having on this board, it's more than just football that we are talking about and its great. Can you guys Imagine if that was Lamar Smith that it happened to? Who in the world would give a ****? I since some excitement around here that I have never felt before. Is there any doubt that we are going to be the best team in the AFC this year. ?

Originally posted by inFINSible
Expo you are right they had every right to pull him and run his tags, the article I was going by only said the tags were expired but if they were assigned to another vehicle, I see your point.

Do you think the search had ANYTHING to do with WHO he is? I mean the cops live in Miami so they obviously recognized who they had after he was ID'd, so do you think the search had anything to do with his rep? I can't believe that what wcoastfin posted could be true, there has to be alot of Dolphin fans among the cops wouldn't you think? Why would they want to f**k up the Fins' season?

Until I saw a recent photo of him yesterday, I did not know Ricky Williams had a beard. So maybe I might not have known who he was just by looking at him.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Expo you are right they had every right to pull him and run his tags, the article I was going by only said the tags were expired but if they were assigned to another vehicle, I see your point.

Do you think the search had ANYTHING to do with WHO he is? I mean the cops live in Miami so they obviously recognized who they had after he was ID'd, so do you think the search had anything to do with his rep? I can't believe that what wcoastfin posted could be true, there has to be alot of Dolphin fans among the cops wouldn't you think? Why would they want to f**k up the Fins' season?

I can't say with any certainty that the search had or didn't have anything to do with who he is. Personally, I would do the search regardless of who he was based stricly upon the facts as they've been stated. You're probably right that many of the cops are 'Fin-fans and would likely not want to do a whole lot to mess things up on the team which may actually be yet another feather in the cap of the officer who pulled him over. He may have gone about the search in a manner that would be on par with every other stop he'd make in that situation which would put him above reproach.

The most famous person I ever pulled over was Freddie Prinze Jr. He made an illegal left hand turn and was speeding out of a gas station with the gas cap open. After asking him what he was thinking I simply gave him a warning (which is how most of my no crime traffic stops ended- I never liked writing tickets) and made him put the gas cap back on his SUV. He was actually pretty arrogant.

expo,

these people want to see a rush hour, they should drive the 91 or the 101 between LA and Ventura. the 5, the 10, the 60 or any of them are a brown bagger 500. 91 on friday, forget about it. people going home, Las Vegas or the river. they have a weekend to go nuts!:rolleyes:

Re: expo,

Originally posted by dolfan06
these people want to see a rush hour, they should drive the 91 or the 101 between LA and Ventura. the 5, the 10, the 60 or any of them are a brown bagger 500. 91 on friday, forget about it. people going home, Las Vegas or the river. they have a weekend to go nuts!:rolleyes:

:Nothing beats the road I had to drive on last weekend.

If you think that is crazy, try driving on Flatbush Ave in Brooklyn, NY. Driving laws do not exist on this street. It is always bumper to bumper on that road. They have two lanes going north and two lanes going south. I was up there last weekend trying to get home. People double park wherever they feel like it. They have vans that are taxis, and the driver of these vans (as well as other cars) will drive down the wrong side of the road just to cut in front of you. It doesn't matter how much space is in between you and the car in front of you, or how many cars are coming down the other way, they will force themselves in there not caring if they hit you. I was almost in four accidents (all would've been the other drivers fault). I had no choice but to drive like them to survive. :evil: When I started to see an a$$hole trying to pass me on the wrong side and attempt to boguard in front of me, I would keep them over on the wrong side trapped :evil: I started to scare myself. I found myself laughing at the other people that I had trapped on the wrong side of the road. I started pulling out all kinds of tricks setting people up. :evil: This was my moment in the hour of chaos. I for that hour had became one of them.... a New Yorker :evil: Since I had plenty of time while stuck on that God-forsaken road, I started noticing that not one single car (except mine) didn't have some type of bumper or quarter panel damage to their cars. The intersections are horrible. First of all, there are no green arrows for turns at any of these intersections, so you have to cut people off and hope they stop or slow up just so you can turn onto another street. It's almost impossible to do because the traffic is bumper to bumper and you are dealing with New Yorkers here. You know when you have a green light and if you know you can't clear the intersection because of the traffic ahead and you don't won't to be the one stuck in the middle of the intersections when your light turns red, you wait?....Right! Dosen't happen there. You have a complete wall of cars blocking the intersection when you have a green light and the cars are weaving around at any crack of day light they can find to get to where they are going. It's like a running back that is trying to run a dive play at the goaline while the defense has the middle stacked up. Not to mention the motorcycle drivers that believes they have an advantage, because they just weave in between the cars that are stuck and they will cut you off also. I saw one biker get clipped a few cars behind me trying to weave around traffic. He was sprawled out on the street with his sports bike wrecked. I saw the whole thing from my rear view mirror, that even made my chuckle...how sad is that. Then you throw in all the pedestrians who believe their a$$ has bumpers too, trying to cross the steets in between cars and bikers that are weaving around like crazy. :yell: I only had to drive 1 mile on that road, but guess what...It took 1 1/2 hours to do it. :fire: I think I might need anger-management class after that experience. I need a hug... :cry: It is by far the worst stretch of road to drive on. F@#kin' New Yorkers :yell :fire:

Last edited:
Originally posted by phins054
That's nothing. I see worse then that happen everyday here in Dallas during rush hour.....in the morning!

Hell man, in Dallas a turn signal doesn't mean they're changing lanes....it's a direct challenge to your manhood!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At least you get a turn signal. Check out my previous post.

yeah, but there is know way there are as many drivers in NY as there are in california, and 50% have picked up their driving skills somewhere else. their personality does 180 degree flip-flop when they get behind the wheel!
i do too, i get aggressive as hell, feel like i have to set the speed limit for everybody!

yeah, but there is know way there are as many drivers in NY as there are in california, and 50% have picked up their driving skills somewhere else. their personality does 180 degree flip-flop when they get behind the wheel!
i do too, i get aggressive as hell, feel like i have to set the speed limit for everybody!

If you haven't been to New York, then you probably wouldn't understand what a true "New York Minute" is about. I've been to LA a few times and an hour in LA doesn't compare to a New York Minute.

That might be true about not as many cars, but that doesn't matter on Flatbush Ave. Because there are ony two lanes going north and south there. It doesn't take that many cars to jam up a road like that, and then you throw in all the double parked cars and all the other B.S. I mention earlir.

I have to differ with you about where the drivers picked up there driving skills. In Brooklyn, Flatbush to be exact; it is probably 75% immigrants comprised of Jamaicans, Guyanese, Dominicans, West Indies, Africans, Middle East, Russains, Czechs, Polish, Hispanics, and Asians. We are talking Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty here. "The American Melting Pot" These immigrants get there driving skills from other countries and it shows on the streets here horribly too.

Last edited:
their personality does 180 degree flip-flop when they get behind the wheel! i do too, i get aggressive as hell, feel like i have to set the speed limit for everybody! [/B]

:lol:

I know exactly what you mean.

thats what i said!

Originally posted by FinaticalOne

That might be true about not as many cars, but that doesn't matter on Flatbush Ave. Because there are ony two lanes going north and south there. It doesn't take that many cars to jam up a road like that, and then you throw in all the double parked cars and all the other B.S. I mention earlir.

I have to differ with you about where the drivers picked up there driving skills. In Brooklyn, Flatbush to be exact; it is probably 75% immigrants comprised of Jamaicans, Guyanese, Dominicans, West Indies, Africans, Middle East, Russains, Czechs, Polish, Hispanics, and Asians. We are talking Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty here. "The American Melting Pot" These immigrants get there driving skills from other countries and it shows on the streets here horribly too.
some other country IS somewhere else!?:rolleyes:

Re: thats what i said!

some other country IS somewhere else!?:rolleyes:

:o I stand corrected. But you know what I'm talkin' about :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom