Ricky Williams Expected to return..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams Expected to return.....

NYFCat said:
Stay away, Ricky. Your still trash. It boggles my mind how a guy can stab us in the back, tour the world doing drugs with all the money he's made, say that he owes NO ONE AN EXPLANATION FOR QUITTING ON THE SPOT DAYS BEFORE TRAINING CAMP...

then return next year to the open arms of fans and coaches. Shocking. Some things should be a little more important than winning.
Don't be an idot....nobody in this draft is near as good as Ricky.. And no, NOTHING is more important than winning when your in the NFL. All you know is what the media has spoonfed into your adolesent mind. This man was attempting to expand his. None of us have any idea what it was like to be Wannys battering ram. We have all quit someting at some time or another, we have all been less than considerate with some of our decisions. His just happened to be under a spotlight and a magnifying glass. Forgive, forget and lets get this team to the Superbowl!!!!

JJT said:
Don't be an idot....nobody in this draft is near as good as Ricky.. And no, NOTHING is more important than winning when your in the NFL. All you know is what the media has spoonfed into your adolesent mind. This man was attempting to expand his. None of us have any idea what it was like to be Wannys battering ram. We have all quit someting at some time or another, we have all been less than considerate with some of our decisions. His just happened to be under a spotlight and a magnifying glass. Forgive, forget and lets get this team to the Superbowl!!!!

Ricky Williams quit 4 days before training camp. Fact.
Ricky Williams toured the country where he freely ADMITTED smoking marijuana. FACT.

The problem is, JJT, the media hasn't fed me a damn thing.

Ricky Williams turned his back on fans, saying that his personal life is no one's business. But wait, wait... didn't Ricky USE the same fans as leverage to gaining a fresh start in Miami?
Ricky Williams betrayed those he reached in discussing his Social Anxiety Disorder by admitting he uses a drug that IS KNOWN TO LEAD TO SOCIAL ANXIETY IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Ricky threatened to leave the Saints in 2001 to play baseball when he hit .207 in single-A.
He trained at home when Haslett specifically asked him to work out in New Orleans.
He whined and cried after the 1999 season, claiming the pressure of the '99 draft was too much for him.
He's an admitted drug user.
He has 3 children, who supposedly mean the world to him, yet has failed many times to provide child support for them.

No, it's not all about talent. It's a complete resume of unreliability in a league that DEMANDS reliability.

And finally, your forgetting one thing: He quit... and he told everyone to go screw themselves when we wanted an explanation. Now he wants back... when he has no money... Think about it. Think about the unreliability before you think about the talent. That's all I ask.

thats what i like to hear. dolphins 05-06 superbowl champions

*Edit* My friend who has generalized anxiety is a heavy marijuana user. For me marijuana gives me anxiety, but for people with anxiety it appears to do the opposite and relieve anxiety.

NYFCat said:
Ricky Williams quit 4 days before training camp. Fact.
Ricky Williams toured the country where he freely ADMITTED smoking marijuana. FACT.

The problem is, JJT, the media hasn't fed me a damn thing.

Ricky Williams turned his back on fans, saying that his personal life is no one's business. But wait, wait... didn't Ricky USE the same fans as leverage to gaining a fresh start in Miami?
Ricky Williams betrayed those he reached in discussing his Social Anxiety Disorder by admitting he uses a drug that IS KNOWN TO LEAD TO SOCIAL ANXIETY IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Ricky threatened to leave the Saints in 2001 to play baseball when he hit .207 in single-A.
He trained at home when Haslett specifically asked him to work out in New Orleans.
He whined and cried after the 1999 season, claiming the pressure of the '99 draft was too much for him.
He's an admitted drug user.
He has 3 children, who supposedly mean the world to him, yet has failed many times to provide child support for them.

No, it's not all about talent. It's a complete resume of unreliability in a league that DEMANDS reliability.

And finally, your forgetting one thing: He quit... and he told everyone to go screw themselves when we wanted an explanation. Now he wants back... when he has no money... Think about it. Think about the unreliability before you think about the talent. That's all I ask.[/QUOTE

Soooooooo what exactly are you saying
icon10.gif

Just Read This

The Dolphins finished next-to-last in the league in rushing last year, and even if 2002 NFL rushing champion Ricky Williams decides to end his retirement, he'll likely be traded rather than rejoin Miami.

Yahoo Sports

Look, it really doesnt matter whether or not Ricky comes back. At least it doesnt matter when talking about the draft. Ricky cannot return to football until 1 year has passed from the time of his retirement, or he will be suspended for the entire season. That means Ricky cannot use Dolphins facilities, receive Dolphins learning materials, workout with the Dolphins, participate in minicamps, etc until July. Then, if he does indeed get in shape on his own, pass his drug tests, and not succumb to the desire to "find the truth" again, he will still be suspended for the 1st 4 games of the season.
Does anybody really think that Saban will alter his draft strategy based on Ricky saying he might return and play 3/4 of the season?

The only way I want Ricky back is if we can trade him to the Raiders or someone for a decent player or a draft pick...other than that...Ricky stay away!!!:yell:

NathanHunt said:
Your sig brought back some memories. That man was, in my book, the ultimate "hands" guy. Some of his catches were marvels of acrobatics. A career that WAS sadly cut short.

He's one of my all-time favorite Phinz. Sorely missed.

yea, he didn't come to the fins til he was like 28 or 29 spending a couple of years in the AFL but he was a solid #2. Great possesion reciever, he is my favorite player of all time and i honestly can say i think he proably has the best hands in the past 20 years. He just didnt have the speed.

Well, IF Ricky wants to come back, IF the Fins FO and Coach let him back, IF the league lets him back, IF he can negotiate a settlement of the $8.3 mil he owes the Fins, IF he can regain his body structure and muscle mass, IF he can stay clean (drug use wise), IF his teammates will welcome him back, IF he REALLY wants to come back and KEEPS his football desire, he would not be traded this year because more than likely he would have to serve a 4 game suspension, and what value would he have to any other teams, as far as compensation back to us ?? None..he might garner a little interest, but most teams would be crazy to take a chance on him unless someone gets into dire-RB-straits due to injury during the year, but before the trade deadline...It only makes sense that IF he comes back, he'll be playing for us.

Back
Top Bottom